• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7 of the top 10 teams going into bowl season lost their final game of year

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and three of the top four are guaranteed to lose their last bowl game.
Yep. All this means is four of the six from 5-10 lost. One more than half.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason rankings are a major flaw. But I'm not a fan of the AP or coaches ranking teams. I prefer facts over opinions always will. Rankings may be fun but they are not effective. Tbh they are inconsistent all year long.And a horrible gauge As far as ESPN unless a game is on I really have no use for it. And even then i do mute the commentators at times

I think it's going to be this way for a long time by design. Allows a lot of flexibility by way of creating more desirable match-ups that those collecting money from won't want to relinquish that control.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to be this way for a long time by design. Allows a lot of flexibility by way of creating more desirable match-ups that those collecting money from won't want to relinquish that control.
I think we see less desirable match ups. As teams drop their SOS to fit the committee format. And more play offs people just don't watch. Ie this year was the lowest rated NCG since 2012. Im for expansion clearing up quite a bit of the question marks,reducing human influence. And adding more meaningful games that actually draw interest. But thats jmo

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see less desirable match ups. As teams drop their SOS to fit the committee format. And more play offs people just don't watch. Ie this year was the lowest rated NCG since 2012. Im for expansion clearing up quite a bit of the question marks,reducing human influence. And adding more meaningful games that actually draw interest. But thats jmo

Yeah and honestly, it's probably the smartest to game the system in place. I really don't think the majority of those that impact decision for CFB give the first fuck about things like this. They grab money and that's that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and honestly, it's probably the smartest to game the system in place. I really don't think the majority of those that impact decision for CFB give the first fuck about things like this. They grab money and that's that.
Thats another problem. Fans are losing interest that money is dropping. And will continue to drop without change.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats another problem. Fans are losing interest that money is dropping. And will continue to drop without change.

And those people will be retired rich and not even remotely caring about what they could have done or kicked down the road.

We should save this thread for next year because it's probably going to be the same season next year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those people will be retired rich and not even remotely caring about what they could have done or kicked down the road.

We should save this thread for next year because it's probably going to be the same season next year.
Agree should book mark it. Following the pattern from the initial play off. Its looking like we are going to see another decline. Which is unfortunately bad for the sport

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of the top 4 are guaranteed to lose (in the CFP). That means 4 of the remaining 6 also lost, but a couple of those were guaranteed as well. Add in LSU over UCF and UF over UM (neither at all surprising), and you get 7. It sounds like a lot of upsets, but really not at all.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody jokes. I get it. Truth is.......egos of todays kids are ruining everything. My generation taught our kids that they were more than special. We ruined everything for everybody. Sorry.

So that was you, huh??? You just made my list … if I ever get $5 …

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football relies far too much on outdated or ineffective ranking systems. Its overdo for an update and more reliable system/process

I agree human polls are a dumb way to select anything, but you could’ve used Collet or even the Massey Composite and 7 of the top 10 lost their final games.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people were good at ranking teams and predicting outcomes of games, Vegas would not open betting lines.

It's the hubris of fans and pundits that the problems. Rankings are BS.

#UCFacts

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that pre-season rankings are a flaw in that it gives some teams an artificial boost to start the season while handicapping others; but, in the long run, things tend to sort themselves out towards the end of the season.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of the top 4 are guaranteed to lose (in the CFP). That means 4 of the remaining 6 also lost, but a couple of those were guaranteed as well. Add in LSU over UCF and UF over UM (neither at all surprising), and you get 7. It sounds like a lot of upsets, but really not at all.

Your math is a bit fuzzy. There's no way 4 of the remaining six could lose, assuming they meet up in the New Year's Six bowl games, only half of those teams would lose. Either 3 of the next 6 would lose, or 4 of the next 8.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your math is a bit fuzzy. There's no way 4 of the remaining six could lose, assuming they meet up in the New Year's Six bowl games, only half of those teams would lose. Either 3 of the next 6 would lose, or 4 of the next 8.

They didn’t all meet up, though I’d have to double check the rankings. Washington/tOSU was a top 10 battle, as was Michigan/UF. UGA played Texas, which was outside the top 10. UCF played LSU, which was just outside (at 11).

Five were guaranteed to lose, and UCF and UGA made it 7.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t all meet up, though I’d have to double check the rankings. Washington/tOSU was a top 10 battle, as was Michigan/UF. UGA played Texas, which was outside the top 10. UCF played LSU, which was just outside (at 11).

Five were guaranteed to lose, and UCF and UGA made it 7.

I see where you are coming from now. I thought you meant in general, 4 of the next 6 would lose. Didn't realize you referring to the specifics of the current season. My bad.