• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ Nebraska -- 6pm CST on ESPN

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW that 1st and goal play where Tommy threw to #1 for a 2 yard loss was a called run that Tommy checked out of.

Danny boy called a great game otherwise, and that helps ease my mind a little

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with the team yesterday. They played their hearts out and would not give up. I know I was pretty hard on them after the Purdue game. Last night made up for all of that. If they play this hard the rest the year I think they win out and go to a bowl.

For all those who say this proves they are a talented team I disagree. I saw a lot of heart from a team that was out manned last night. Talent did not win the game. Refusal to lay down and die did.

edit: and Cross having the best game of his career

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was very impressed with the team yesterday. They played their hearts out and would not give up. I know I was pretty hard on them after the Purdue game. Last night made up for all of that. If they play this hard the rest the year I think they win out and go to a bowl.

For all those who say this proves they are a talented team I disagree. I saw a lot of heart from a team that was out manned last night. Talent did not win the game. Refusal to lay down and die did.

They have talent, but for the most part not elite talent. They really did play their hearts out, which I stated last night before the game ended. One more thing... If Nebraska's players don't care about the team like some people said they don't, it sure didn't show last night. Hopefully they didn't shoot their wad last night and then lose against Rutgers, a team comparable to Purdue.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it.

MSU didn't respect this as a trap game. Two weeks off with 2 weeks before OSU.

Oh well my Spartan friends can bitch about officiating but 91 yards in 55 seconds is their fault not the officials.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have talent, but for the most part not elite talent. They really did play their hearts out, which I stated last night before the game ended. One more thing... If Nebraska's players don't care about the team like some people said they don't, it sure didn't show last night. Hopefully they didn't shoot their wad last night and then lose against Rutgers, a team comparable to Purdue.
Not sure what that means. But how many times was Cook rushed last night? How many of his passes were broken up?

How often did Armstrong have to scramble? How many passes were dropped? How many could of been intercepted?

The talent was no different than any other game. The desire to win was.

I think it was @Red_Alert that said it would require Nebraska's best game and Cook's worst to pull off a win. That is exactly what happened along with a little luck.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure what that means. But how many times was Cook rushed last night? How many of his passes were broken up?

How often did Armstrong have to scramble? How many passes were dropped? How many could of been intercepted?

I think it was @Red_Alert that said it would require Nebraska's best game and Cook's worst to pull off a win. That is exactly what happened along with a little luck.

Obviously since MSU won the turnover battle, something else had to come into play for NU to win the game. Cook's performance level, which wasn't great, but it was still pretty good were factors in the game along with the players being hungry to win a game after being placed in a position to lose all year long by mostly the coaching staff. You don't know what elite talent is? Also, what gave you the idea that I thought Nebraska was more talented last night than they've been all year long?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Huskers....bout time something good happened in Lincoln.

BTW...

What the hell kind of KO was that to end the game with? 2 decent throws by MSU and it would have been "deja vu" all over again?

ONWERDZ!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

BTW...

What the hell kind of KO was that to end the game with? 2 decent throws by MSU and it would have been "deja vu" all over again?

ONWERDZ!

It was just another terrible in game decision similar to the other ones that has lost Nebraska games all year long.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

BTW...

ONWERDZ!

That was $450K at werk.....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The squib kick wasn't a bad idea.........he just didn't kick it right. Kicking a line drive directly to a guy was the worst thing that could happen. Kicking it down to the 1 yard line and giving them a chance to return it was the 2nd worst thing that could happen. Kicking it through the back of the endzone was the 3rd worst thing that could happen because you're not running any time off the clock and they have plenty of weapons to throw 2 quick passes and get in field goal range.

The best thing that could happen in that situation is get the ball bouncing around in the open field and let one of their slower dudes pick that thing up and try to run with it. The clock runs, and likely they have 1 pass play to really get into field goal range, which would be unlikely to happen. Their best case scenario if we would have kicked that off the right way was they throw one pass to midfield and and then have a chance at a hail mary. That was what we were trying to do. Put them in the worst position to succeed.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW that 1st and goal play where Tommy threw to #1 for a 2 yard loss was a called run that Tommy checked out of.

Danny boy called a great game otherwise, and that helps ease my mind a little

Dude, that was like a 6 yard loss or something. That was a turrible play. It was 2nd and goal from the 10 after that.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet all my vcash on Michigan State, am I allowed to request a refund or was that legit. I didn't see the finish. Please let me know so I can write my congressman.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th option would have been to have your kicker hit a "high-n-short" KO to the 15-20 yard line. Would have melted precious seconds off the clock with a minimum return as well.

On a kick-off, the clock doesn't start until the opponent touches the ball.

You're thinking of a punt.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet all my vcash on Michigan State, am I allowed to request a refund or was that legit. I didn't see the finish. Please let me know so I can write my congressman.

If I were you, I'd boycott CFB until the refs and reviewing officials are fired. That'll send the message.

#vCashmatters

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have talent, but for the most part not elite talent. ...

Not sure what that means. ...

.... You don't know what elite talent is? Also, what gave you the idea that I thought Nebraska was more talented last night than they've been all year long?

Yes I do know what elite talent is. What I don't know is what you were trying to say. Since you quoted my post I have to assume it was in response to my post. That was directed at those who were saying it proved Nebraska had talent so your response would logically have something to do with that. Other than that I am clueless in why you would have made a comment like that.

I don't know if you were one that originally said it proves we have talent because it wasn't that important to me to go back and find out who it was that said it. My comment was it was the same talent in this game as the other games we lost and it is not that good as a whole. Why you would think I said you thought our talent was better in this game then the others I again have no clue. As a matter of fact I am clueless why you are arguing this. I do think you did not understand my orignal post at all and for some reason took offense to some imagined accusation or insult that I never made, or certainly had no intent to make.
My intent was to say we are not a talented team. Not last night, not all year long. If that offends you I am sorry but the facts tell the story.
Our pass rush is non-existent, pass protection is non-existent and though our secondary is better it is still very bad.
Our quarterback though a great competitior is an inconsistent passer and makes bad decisions.

Our running backs responsibilities are more about pass blocking rather then running so the best runners do not often see the field and our finally receivers often drop balls.

We are not a talented team We were not last night and we were not all year long. We were last night a team that refused to give up. In the other games we were a team that lost close games. Last night we were a team that because of heart and luck won the close one.

As for Cook if I recall correctly (you know that evil alcohol distorts memories) he had one quarter where he looked like his normal self. The rest the time the incomplete passes were more often due to him being off then to our defense. Perhaps we can credit that to our house or perhaps he just had a bad night. Either way he was not the Conner Cook who has been in the Heisman discussion this year.