• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ Nebraska -- 6pm CST on ESPN

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast forward to the 2:35:00 mark to see the fans on the sidelines ready to tear the goal posts down and then rush the field. It was Halloween night.

I was wrong that Colorado was #3. They were tied with Nebraska at #8 in the AP. (I just verified)
CU was (6-0-1), NU was (5-1)

October 27, 1992 Football Polls - College Poll Archive - Historical College Football and Basketball Polls and Rankings

The team was very young. At QB, Frazier a true Freshman, Grant #2, VELAND #3 (lol), Berringer #4.

DADBURNIT !!

can't watch this ---mabey its my internut er suptin

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Tony Veland

dadburned good guy

Had a lot of shit go poorly for him after college. Plus his immediate family are not exactly that great. His brother borrowed his car and sold drugs from it and had a bad drug deal which resulted in Tony getting misidentified by the thugs and getting shot.

Still got his super bowl ring with the broncos though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DADBURNIT !!

can't watch this ---mabey its my internut er suptin

You have to approve it taking you directly to Youtube.
They have "Playback on Other Sites" blocked. After you hit play, click the middle of the screen and it'll open another window taking you to Youtube.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to approve it taking you directly to Youtube.
They have "Playback on Other Sites" blocked. After you hit play, click the middle of the screen and it'll open another window taking you to Youtube.
yepmmkray

LOL !! while I wrote this I noticed I have chicken scapes aaaalll over the key board

I was eatin a ton of some chicken and got a little carried away

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game feels good to be on the other side oft the heart break

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this. anyone saying cook wasn't good or not his normal self hasn't watched any MSU games. he played exactly as he's played all year. he's streaky and played pretty much as good as he could from the 2nd Q on.

Exactly. Cook played pretty damn good.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this. anyone saying cook wasn't good or not his normal self hasn't watched any MSU games. he played exactly as he's played all year. he's streaky and played pretty much as good as he could from the 2nd Q on.
I suppose since I am the only one who said anything about him being off that I would be anyone. You can use my name I won't get mad. But too be clear I did not say he wasn't good. I said the the effect (Don't remember my exact words) that he had an off night.
What I saw in the game was 1st quarter cold, got hot and then cooled off again, not as bad but just okay, plenty of them over their heads.
I don't watch Michigan State weekly but what I have seen of him was on the money but if that is his norm I'll take your word for it.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't change a thing IMO. We are still not a talented team. The difference last night was heart not skill.
hodge podge... The Riley apologist's have to come up with some narrative.

Nebraska ran the ball 36 times last night, passed the ball 33 times. Thats 63.63% more run plays than the previous week against purdoo. It really hasn't been a talent issue, I'll give you Miami as an argument, but the rest is just BS

Last edited:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haugpaug... The Riley apologist's have to come up with some narrative.

Nebraska ran the ball 36 times last night, passed the ball 33 times. Thats 63.63% more run plays than the previous week against purdoo. It really hasn't been a talent issue, I'll give you Miami as an argument, but the rest is just BS
I won't argue, and was not arguing that play calling would not have made a difference in some of our losses.
But that has nothing to do with what I said earlier. If we are such a talented team point out the all conference players. They aren't there.
Outside of three players, one which carried this team on his shoulders, we were not a talented team last year either.
We were extremely lucky last year. This year not so much.

Actually I am really surprised that this comment draws so much criticism.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haugpaug... The Riley apologist's have to come up with some narrative.

Last night proves Nebraska CAN run the ball against most teams, but west coast Riley just gave up too soon in the games where Nebraska struggled running the ball early in games. I'll say it again, Nebraska doesn't have great talent, but good to very good talent at most positions. We'll get a better idea in the near future just how good the talent level is after OSU plays MSU, and also after NU plays Iowa. Right now us fans who can actually see what's going on down in Lincoln, knows NU should have a better record than 4-6 for sure.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I won't argue, and was not arguing that play calling would not have made a difference in some of our losses.
But that has nothing to do with what I said earlier. If we are such a talented team point out the all conference players. They aren't there.
Outside of three players, one which carried this team on his shoulders, we were not a talented team last year either.

Nate Gerry Bio: Huskers.com

Honors & Awards
» Team Captain (2015)
» 2015 Lott Trophy Watch List
» 2015 Preseason First-Team All-Big Ten (Lindy's)
» Second-Team All-Big Ten (Media, 2014)
» Honorable-Mention All-Big Ten (Coaches, 2014)
» Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (Iowa, 2014)
» Nebraska Defensive co-MVP (2014)
» Honorable-Mention Big Ten All-Freshman Team (BTN, 2013)

He didn't just fall off the face of the earth ya know, he still here. Just one example I could come up with in a hurry

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I may have disagreed with you on this, but unlike some people here who like to call me a dumbass for expressing my opinions, I won't call another poster a name unless they call me a name first.

Speaking of luck, we did get some last night. Remember TA's fine up for grabs pass in the endzone on that last drive which very well could have been picked off? Not all of his up for grab passes can be blamed on defensive pressure. If he would stop trying so hard to be THE STAR, he would be an outstanding QB, instead of just a good one. How many times this year has he had running room to gain maybe 10 yards or more, yet he threw an incompletion instead, or worse, a pick?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have disagreed with you on this, but unlike some people here who like to call me a dumbass for expressing my opinions, I won't call another poster a name unless they call me a name first.

Speaking of luck, we did get some last night. Remember TA's fine up for grabs pass in the endzone on that last drive which very well could have been picked off? Not all of his up for grab passes can be blamed on defensive pressure. If he would stop trying so hard to be THE STAR, he would be an outstanding QB, instead of just a good one. How many times this year has he had running room to gain maybe 10 yards or more, yet he threw an incompletion instead, or worse, a pick?
So are you arguing my point now?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Gerry Bio: Huskers.com

Honors & Awards
» Team Captain (2015)
» 2015 Lott Trophy Watch List
» 2015 Preseason First-Team All-Big Ten (Lindy's)
» Second-Team All-Big Ten (Media, 2014)
» Honorable-Mention All-Big Ten (Coaches, 2014)
» Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (Iowa, 2014)
» Nebraska Defensive co-MVP (2014)
» Honorable-Mention Big Ten All-Freshman Team (BTN, 2013)

He didn't just fall off the face of the earth ya know, he still here. Just one example I could come up with in a hurry
He kind of did. He's been going through the motions.
You are using as an example of the talent on this team the guy who body checked Daniel Davie against Northwestern and then got beat?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PUT IN THE WALK-ON BACK UP, GUISE!

Yes, a walkon who passed for over 400 yards in his very first start, if the coach wanted to go full bore west coast, which thankfully didn't happen last night, otherwise Nebraska WOULD NOT have celebrated a win. Common sense play calling led to a win. That's a novel idea, common sense play calling!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He kind of did. He's been going through the motions.
You are using as an example of the talent on this team the guy who body checked Daniel Davie against Northwestern and then got beat?

He most likely got sick and tired of Davie getting out maneuvered continually. On that play, Davie was staying with the receiver, but Gerry figured he would just screw it up when the football reached the receiver, so he intervened.