• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ Nebraska -- 6pm CST on ESPN

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can finish the season by serving up on iowa that'll be enough to put this insane hot poop season behind me

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was contact. Couldnt really tell if the dback extended his arm and pushed Reilly. Zoom was too far out. I will trust the guy standing 5 yards away.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unofficial stats Westercamp, after tonight's 148, is around 200 yds short of our first 1k receiver with 2 games to go

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl rules for players going out of bounds vs fbs are drastically different, last weeks Stanford game there was a similar situation but the call was same result as ours, idk what constitutes a player re establishing himself after he goes out of bounds but that's what they say he did

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties

MSU: 2 for 30
NU.: 5 for 55

Turnovers

MSU: 1 INT
NU.: 1 INT

Rushing

MSU: 16 for 87 (5.4)
NU.: 18 for 98 (5.4)

Passing

MSU: 10 of 20 for 138 (6.9)
NU.: 8 of 16 for for 92 (5.8)

2nd Half Stats

Penalties

MSU: 6 for 46
NU.: 0 for 0

Turnovers

MSU: 0
NU.: 1 INT

Rushing

MSU: 18 for 56 (3.1)
NU.: 18 for 81 (4.5)

Passing

MSU: 14 of 19 for 210 (11.0)
NU.: 11 of 17 for 228 (13.4)

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time some calls, luck went Nebraska's way. Congrats Big Red you fought so hard this season and never gave up after heart break and heart break occurred. :suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What. A. Game. Just got home...that was absolutely incredible.

Wake up and tell us what it was like!!!!

How many people left early? What was the student section like?

The videos I have watched showed quite a few people in the stands, which was amazing.

I look forward to your report.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found a video of the stands after the game, and the stands looked packed. What a game to be at Oak, too bad I was at a social event.

BTW, at the event one of the other wives is a HUGE Nebraska fan(bigger than I am) so we commisserated before the game, and we were then high fiving afterwards.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you beer drinkers, here are the beers we had last night. I prefer wine, but I can handle beer, I went to Colorado School Mines home of Coors Brewery.

Brewer - Beer

Squatters Marzen - this beer is brewed in March, hence Marzen, and then drank during Octoberfest. Good stuff. I drank two bottles.

Scrimshaw Pilsner - I really liked this one. I think I had three or four or seven bottles of it.

Bells Amber Ale - By this time, I am feeling it. I liked it, but give me the scrimshaw.

Wasatch Devastator Dopplebock - not bad

Deschutes Black BUtte Porter - the beer guy loved this one, I am not a fan of Porter. I drank my glass, and then went back to drinking Scrimshaw.

Hoegaarden Witbier - This beer was served with Key Lime Pie. It was lite and fruity, but I went back to drinking Scrimshaw.

A digestiff beer(who knew) - Zombie Monkey that you drank after eating and while eating chocolate. Actually tasted good, but then what doesn't go good with chocolate?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's about time some calls, luck went Nebraska's way. Congrats Big Red you fought so hard this season and never gave up after heart break and heart break occurred. :suds:

This is a very ritzy compliment!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For you beer drinkers, here are the beers we had last night. I prefer wine, but I can handle beer, I went to Colorado School Mines home of Coors Brewery.

Brewer - Beer

Squatters Marzen - this beer is brewed in March, hence Marzen, and then drank during Octoberfest. Good stuff. I drank two bottles.

Scrimshaw Pilsner - I really liked this one. I think I had three or four or seven bottles of it.

Bells Amber Ale - By this time, I am feeling it. I liked it, but give me the scrimshaw.

Wasatch Devastator Dopplebock - not bad

Deschutes Black BUtte Porter - the beer guy loved this one, I am not a fan of Porter. I drank my glass, and then went back to drinking Scrimshaw.

Hoegaarden Witbier - This beer was served with Key Lime Pie. It was lite and fruity, but I went back to drinking Scrimshaw.

A digestiff beer(who knew) - Zombie Monkey that you drank after eating and while eating chocolate. Actually tasted good, but then what doesn't go good with chocolate?

You mean to say they didn't have any root beer?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kick at the end of the game was supposed to land somewhere.....not directly in an MSU player's arms.

The idea was good. When the ball hits turf, the clock starts. We just didn't execute that correctly.
:scratch:, a player has to touch it before the clock starts, not the ground.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska vs Michigan State in the B1G
2011 Nebraska 24 Michigan State 3 Win
2012 Nebraska 28 Michigan State 24 Win
2013 Nebraska 28 Michigan State 41 Loss
2014 Nebraska 22 Michigan State 27 Loss
2015 Nebraska 39 Michigan State 38 Win

This matchup has got to continue every year. This one is brewing to be a rivalry, especially when the 3-6 team just ruined the undefeated team's chances. That creates some bad blood which is perfect for a rivalry.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he watch the game? refs made some bad call all day, i don't think this was the worst one, heck i don't even think it's that bad of a call. that offsetting OPI/DPI in the first half, than that missed DPI in the 4th Q on MSU. lots of calls get missed every game.

the call itself isn't even that bad, the CB, was clearly making contact thus forcing Reilly to run out of bounds. he came back in as quick as he could. Gerry DiNardo on BTN last night said he talked to the head of officiating and the only review that could be done was to make sure there was contact. the rest of the play is judgment by the ref, the ref judged that the contact was enough to force the WR out.

oh, and if you want to complain about College rules, why not complain about the rub routes that are just OPI in disguise. MSU got away with quite a few of those last night. I personally would love to see that changed to the Pro rule, which is they can only do it within 1 yard of the LOS. if they even touch a DB past 1yd, that's OPI. (at least that's how i understand the rule as i watched a game a last week where they explained it pretty well).

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska has been blatantly screwed by the officials numerous times over the last 4 decades or so, and that no call last night could have gone either way. I have to admit though, I thought Nebraska was screwed on that one when they did the review.

One more thing... Even if that was overturned, who's to say Nebraska wouldn't have scored anyways? There was still 17 seconds left on the clock.