• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree........

I don't care who the hell you are on the team, or what position you play. You should know in the FRONT of you mind, that if anything such as this was to happen, to just get the ball back on the fumble (which he did), and FALL ON IT!............ MSU would've had one shot at a hail mary and it probably would have failed.
:fify:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Michigan coach Brady Hoke: I wouldn't have punted

Brady Hoke said he wouldn't have punted. He would have played to the team's strength which is their defense.... never mind had he still been coaching them they probably would have been down by 3 scores with 10 seconds left. Said too many moving parts in a punt. So presumably he wouldn't have thrown, either. There's a lot of risk there too. So he would have run a play, likely failed to pick up a 1st down and given it over to MSU at around the Michigan 40-45 with time left to run 1 play... probably some sort of Hail Mary or trick play. You know .. playing to the strength of Michigan, their D. It's an interesting take. There's only one problem with it. I've seen games won with last second Hail Marys more times than I can remember. I've seen games won with a last second blocked punt run back for a TD exactly once... last Saturday. Maybe it's happened other times, idk. He is right about the punt formation, though. That was inexplicable.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not punted? That's more than dunce-level stupidity.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like to point out to @ElTexan, on Michigan State's first field goal attempt the next game, it was a high snap and the place holder had to pick it up and try and run for a first down. That's why you take it to the house and not play dead and allow a lot more chances for disaster.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I would like to point out to @ElTexan, on Michigan State's first field goal attempt the next game, it was a high snap and the place holder had to pick it up and try and run for a first down. That's why you take it to the house and not play dead and allow a lot more chances for disaster.
But ElTexan claims he never said any of this. He claimed to have never said anything about MSU falling on the ball and attempting a field goal with time running out and the game on the line. I almost bumped this thread last night. Don't tell me he lied to backpedal :gaah:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not punted? That's more than dunce-level stupidity.
Not punting is far from the best call but running around and killing clock and forcing a miracle play with next to no time. Is a lot more intelligent than saying the defense should fall on the ball,not play hero to attempt a field goal with time expiring ,open field and the game on the line

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he should have fallen on the ball. He should have scooped and ran. When he gets to the pile and a defender is literally in his face, then he should take the three seconds left and the 25 yard fg for the win instead of risking not making the TD with .8 seconds left and risk losing the game. I've said this a dozen times. Stop misquoting me, you dumb fuck

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's s very specific thing about msu. That does not mean the strategy is incorrect, and to the person, each poster was saying it was a ridiculous strategy. It's not. In fact, it's the correct default strategy to employ in that situation.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he should have fallen on the ball. He should have scooped and ran. When he gets to the pile and a defender is literally in his face, then he should take the three seconds left and the 25 yard fg for the win instead of risking not making the TD with .8 seconds left and risk losing the game. I've said this a dozen times. Stop misquoting me, you dumb fuck
You truly are a dunce I'll be using the multi quote because of your duncery you littershit duck :gaah:

144523929538971_zpshj0c0yhg.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By literally in his face you mean where the guy barely touched him with his hand while a blocker was pushing the would be tackled away?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By literally in his face you mean where the guy barely touched him with his hand while a blocker was pushing the would be tackled away?
That is what happened but no way to predict, right?
10 yard one. Pile in front of you. Three seconds left. Fg wins the game. Tackle loses it if you try for goal line and fail.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a solid path to the end zone and a wall of blockers. The only other thing that could have made it more clear would be the official signaling a fair catch with an airhorn :laugh3: I'm really hoping elJexan isn't serious

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what happened but no way to predict, right?
10 yard one. Pile in front of you. Three seconds left. Fg wins the game. Tackle loses it if you try for goal line and fail.
You have yet to demonstrate that the guy with the ball had any flipping clue how much time was left.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW DID THE RUNNER NOT THINK TO LOOK UP RIGHT AT THE CLOCK WITH 3 SECONDS LEFT SO HE COULD TIME TAKING A KNEE?!? HE COULD'VE COST THEM THE GAME!!111

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have yet to demonstrate that the guy with the ball had any flipping clue how much time was left.
Well, he knows the clock started with 10... and his internal clock should be 30% good... so I reasonably think he can tell the difference between 7 seconds have passed and time has run out.

Again, curious, because every single other poster here was arguing that he knew he had "plenty of time"

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he knows the clock started with 10... and his internal clock should be 30% good... so I reasonably think he can tell the difference between 7 seconds have passed and time has run out.

Again, curious, because every single other poster here was arguing that he knew he had "plenty of time"
144524234077143_zpsej662qni.gif