• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even remotely top 5 all time. Maybe it's top 5 in CFB but certainly not in all sports. Someone's just playing with current events on that list.

Knocked mich. out of any contention of making the playoffs. Don't try to describe some 50 point plan on what would have to happen......... please don't.

That link to sports fuck ups I provided I think does a pretty good job as it spans college football, Pro football, golf, baseball, soccer, etc........

What you don't get is no one saw that coming.

When you have a kicker trying to kick a field goal to win the game, its already in everyone's head that he could miss it......... so not a big deal. but what happened during the MSU game, NO one saw coming........ that's why its so huge, kicker could've fallen on it. Mich. still wins......... mich. recovers fumble but tackled. Mich. probably still wins........ but from 40 yards out, no one could bring him down before the end zone?????? I saw maybe 1 or 2 players from mich. even close to him.......

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knocked mich. out of any contention of making the playoffs. Don't try to describe some 50 point plan on what would have to happen......... please don't.

That link to sports fuck ups I provided I think does a pretty good job as it spans college football, Pro football, golf, baseball, soccer, etc........

What you don't get is no one saw that coming.

When you have a kicker trying to kick a field goal to win the game, its already in everyone's head that he could miss it......... so not a big deal. but what happened during the MSU game, NO one saw coming........ that's why its so huge, kicker could've fallen on it. Mich. still wins......... mich. recovers fumble but tackled. Mich. probably still wins........ but from 40 yards out, no one could bring him down before the end zone?????? I saw maybe 1 or 2 players from mich. even close to him.......
It would be nice to play in the playoffs, but I never thought we were truly one of the top 4 teams in America. It was at best a pipe dream that ended.

There are plenty of instances where no one saw an upset happening.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, that looks like a train wreck about to happen with all Spartans in the box, ready to pounce. Mich. should've seen this coming.
Yeah, which is why you're not allowed to line up like that. Pretty basic rule.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to play in the playoffs, but I never thought we were truly one of the top 4 teams in America. It was at best a pipe dream that ended.

There are plenty of instances where no one saw an upset happening.

uh, actually if Michigan would've won Sat. night and won out, beating OSU, then beating Iowa (if they go undefeated) in the CCG, I think mich. would have been strongly discussed to get a playoff spot despite losing to Utah, who will be in the playoff if they win out. would've depended on how many other undefeated teams are out there.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh, actually if Michigan would've won Sat. night and won out, beating OSU, then beating Iowa (if they go undefeated) in the CCG, I think mich. would have been strongly discussed to get a playoff spot despite losing to Utah, who will be in the playoff if they win out. would've depended on how many other undefeated teams are out there.

I just don't think the scenario you listed was very realistic. Sure, I guess it could have happened but I wasn't hanging my hat on it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team can lose an out of conference game and still make the Playoffs, dunce. History has proven that.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team can lose an out of conference game and still make the Playoffs, dunce. History has proven that.

ok, asshole. no need to be a dick.

all I'm saying is if the scenario played out like I said, "some" in sports media would have been discussing Michigan in the playoff picture.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, asshole. why the need to be a dick.

all I'm saying is if the scenario played out like I said, "some" in sports media would have been discussing Michigan in the playoff picture.
Dude, no.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, asshole. why the need to be a dick.

You are an Ohio State fan right?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an Ohio State fan right?

:L I just have those team logos and screen name for my health.

No, I don't think they are going to win their last game of the season, just posed a scenario.

If the dunce comment was meant for someone else, my bad.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I just have those team logos and screen name for my health.

No, I don't think they are going to win their last game of the season, just posed a scenario.

If the dunce comment was meant for someone else, my bad.
When/who did Ohio State lose to last year?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, that looks like a train wreck about to happen with all Spartans in the box, ready to pounce. Mich. should've seen this coming.

No doubt. That was some seriously shitty coaching on Michigan's part.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, which is why you're not allowed to line up like that. Pretty basic rule.

And yet this "pretty basic rule" was somehow over looked by the refs, Michigan's coaching staff and legions of sports pundits.

Well I'll say this, we're all very, very thankful we have you to point out what so many before you didn't see. . .

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet this "pretty basic rule" was somehow over looked by the refs, Michigan's coaching staff and legions of sports pundits.

Well I'll say this, we're all very, very thankful we have you to point out what so many before you didn't see. . .
Typically coaches don't participate in this because they can get fined or punished by the conference. It's really up to the fans to point out terrible things like this.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3