• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slammers Bar & Grill in Westmont, 60th & Cass (now an upscale bar called The Tap House)..I also beat a coked-up Denis Savard at pool there and insulted Die Mannschaft when the World Cup was in Chicago in that bar (my uncle in Frankfort saw in annd told me to "never do that again". We used to get a lot of sports personalities there, a buddy of mine got into it with Davey Martinez there....oh and I also pisse doff Emory Moorehead there when he used to run a sports trivia game the in the mid 90.s...
LOL CU.

We def gotta meet up Windy some day. I don't know of this watering establishment you speak of, but I'm usually always willing & able to drink with a fellow Hooplan. :D

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise them maybe more than yall Buckys, BUT I get along quite well with most UM fans ... just can't deal with the few total homers & wankers that wanna play kiddy games and drop turds on a message board. :D

I assume I am part of the former and not the latter? I used to live in Livonia MI and my dad got his MBA there and took me to numerous games at the Big House back in the day, Rick Leach is the only QB I remember from that time...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume I am part of the former and not the latter? I used to live in Livonia MI and my dad got his MBA there and took me to numerous games at the Big House back in the day, Rick Leach is the only QB I remember from that time...
You really gotta ask me that, mang? :rolleyes2:

I'm sure you can pretty much guess the ones I can count on one hand ... especially the first one. lol

:suds:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really, the kid who picked up the fumble was dumb for trying to score the TD. Time was running out. A fg wins it. If he got stopped at the 1 yard line, he risks losing the game

Actually he was smart... the Spartan kicking game is bad this year, and he actually grabbed the ball pretty far (39 yard line) from Spartan kicking range.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL CU.

We def gotta meet up Windy some day. I don't of this watering establishment you speak of, but I'm usually always willing & able to drink with a fellow Hooplan. :D

We can go to one of the missus' father's places, I reckon the Bridgeport Inn would be good as your a Sox fan (all of his bars are on the South Side)...

Sadly, sipping on Laphroaig 10 yr right now...:(

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think I've ever seen a game at any level end that way.

Congrats on the win MSU fans.

Michigan fans, not sure there's anything I can say to make you feel better. Seems like a way UGA would lose a game.
Some of those Minny losses to Wiscy a few years back were tragic

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was smart... the Spartan kicking game is bad this year, and he actually grabbed the ball pretty far (39 yard line) from Spartan kicking range.
I didn't say to fall on it where he got it

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l o l

Ok, Nancy. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean nuttin by it. No offense taken ... apology accepted.

But, if you wanna act petulant about things and start assigning BS ratings, THEN try to call me out for doing it, well that's just a flat out :nono: and a total bitch thing to do. Get over yourself.

So if I get this right, I rated a post bs, where you get butthurt because you misunderstood my post. Your next move is to go back, find a post of mine and rate it the same. Then, when I call you out for being a child, you call me petulant and bitch about this whole thing. Good work there skippy. The other boys in 3rd period French are going to think you're a total badass.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really, the kid who picked up the fumble was dumb for trying to score the TD. Time was running out. A fg wins it. If he got stopped at the 1 yard line, he risks losing the game
Just to clarify, there was still a second left when he crossed the goal line, so he had plenty of time.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I get this right, I rated a post bs, where you get butthurt because you misunderstood my post. Your next move is to go back, find a post of mine and rate it the same. Then, when I call you out for being a child, you call me petulant and bitch about this whole thing. Good work there skippy. The other boys in 3rd period French are going to think you're a total badass.

UM Fire, you are a reasonable Michigan fan (as am I) Craig is cool, I think you two would get along fine save out last play implosion... :suds:

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember correctly the wind was against them in the 4th. It would have been a much more difficult try under those circumstances

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, there was still a second left when he crossed the goal line, so he had plenty of time.
Plenty of time? You think a guy running for his life after an end of game punt block through a pile of players with a ten second clock to start the play has the precision to gauge a run back within less than a second with the game on the line to the tune of 'plenty of time'?

You're a disingenuous schmuk. You're the DENSE one here

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can go to one of the missus' father's places, I reckon the Bridgeport Inn would be good as your a Sox fan (all of his bars are on the South Side)...

Sadly, sipping on Laphroaig 10 yr right now...:(
Don't know that place either, but :suds:.

I do love hangin at Buddy Guy's Legends, too!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of time? You think a guy running for his life after an end of game punt block through a pile of players with a ten second clock to start the play has the precision to gauge a run back within less than a second with the game on the line to the tune of 'plenty of time,?

You're s disingenuous schmuk
And you think having the ball basically land in your arms while you're upright is the right time to fall down even if you're at the 37 yard line, have nobody in front of you, and your FG kicker is horrible?

Do you understand the picture I posted yet, or should I post it again?

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, it's all in good fun anyway. I hope he knows that. :suds:

Yes he's cerebral enough to grasp that, congrats Sparty, but know that Michigan is done being mediocre, can't wait to see what Harbaugh does with HIS kids...

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit that what I presented is exactly the play at hand. And that there's no way a player in that position had the wherewithal to gauge the play to less than a second.

That's the point. He was lucky to get in. It wasn't like a qb calmly rolling out for one last play and willing to get rid of it if no one is open

So, when you, dumb fuck, call me DENSE, it proves you're the dense one.

Unless you're trying to convince us that the player had the internal clock to gauge to less than one second a jailbreak run for your life punt block return through a pile of players from the 39 with a ten second play start? Well?

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think having the ball basically land in your arms while you're upright is the right time to fall down even if you're at the 37 yard line, have nobody in front of you, and your FG kicker is horrible?

Do you understand the picture I posted yet, or should I post it again?

I'm sure this was all the guy that picked up the fumble was thinking about...