• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this was all the guy that picked up the fumble was thinking about...
Dunno what he was thinking, but I'm sure it was something along the lines of "HOLY SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M GONNA WIN THE GAME HOLY SHIT THERE ISN'T ANYONE IN FRONT OF MY HOLY FUCK WE'RE GONNA WIN"

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think the hangover from that one is still gonna last thru Monday ... of next week.

Only thing that could mebbe cure it is a win in Columbus, and I don't think that's in the cards.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Michigan State had 0.2% chance to win the game before the punt attempt."

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit that what I presented is exactly the play at hand. And that there's no way a player in that position had the wherewithal to gauge the play to less than a second.

That's the point. He was lucky to get in. It wasn't like a qb calmly rolling out for one last play and willing to get rid of it if no one is open

So, when you, dumb fuck, call me DENSE, it proves you're the dense one.

Unless you're trying to convince us that the player had the internal clock to gauge to less than one second a jailbreak run for your life punt block return through a pile of players from the 39 with a ten second play start? Well?
Jesus, did you even watch the play?? When the ball landed in his hands, he was at the 35 and there was literally nobody in front of him. So you're saying the smart play at that point would be to just take a dive??? Your football intellect matches that of your team.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does mark may still have a job? holy shit he is dumb

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does mark may still have a job? holy shit he is dumb
LOL ... you must be watching what I'm watching.

All the College Sunday QB Pundits saying, now, what Michigan shoulda done ... like just run their QB around and heeve a 60 yarder down the field.

Yeah ... ok ... :tsk:

:markmay:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno what he was thinking, but I'm sure it was something along the lines of "HOLY SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M GONNA WIN THE GAME HOLY SHIT THERE ISN'T ANYONE IN FRONT OF MY HOLY FUCK WE'RE GONNA WIN"
OOOOOW MY FUCKING HIP!!!!!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in all this is that the punter is a college kid who made one colossal mistake that will likely haunt him for the rest of his life. Feel pretty bad for him.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in all this is that the punter is a college kid who made one colossal mistake that will likely haunt him for the rest of his life. Feel pretty bad for him.
Who made a HUGE kick of 80 yards earlier in the game. As someone pointed out, the long snapper is getting off way too light in this.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only points matter. If MI gets that punt off and wins, do you cite yardage and rank MSU higher? No.

Still not seeing your point. It's not like Michigan dominated the box score and beat themselves. In fact, it is close to the opposite. State led in most stats. Michigan losing on a freak play does not make them the better team, just unlucky.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Harbaugh. MI is obviously the better team, goading Dantonio into going for it on 4 fourth and 10's (if I'm remembering right), and winning with lesser kids until the last 2 seconds.

With that said, that's football and Sparty got the W. Nightmares forever.
That's a load of crap. He didn't "goad" Dantonio into going for it on those 4th downs. 2 or 3 of them, Dantonio went for it because he has no faith in his horrible FG kicker. He was being aggressive, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a load of crap. He didn't "goad" Dantonio into going for it on those 4th downs. 2 or 3 of them, Dantonio went for it because he has no faith in his horrible FG kicker. He was being aggressive, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
It's not like Michigan State is known for doing trick plays

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is they'll be talking bout this game for ages.

Tis a great day to be a Sparty fan. Enjoy it Green!
There will always be a soft spot in my heart for MSU, since they pulled so many kids from my old high school (Dillard, down in Ft. Lauderdale), back in the day. Even felt a bit bad, witnessing Bama beat them soundly in a bowl game a few years back.

Reactions: H2S

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not seeing your point. It's not like Michigan dominated the box score and beat themselves. In fact, it is close to the opposite. State led in most stats. Michigan losing on a freak play does not make them the better team, just unlucky.

MSU led in the box score because of the kid who blew the game. He pinned MSU inside the 10 yard line 3 times. He had an 80 yard punt. UM's offensive numbers weren't the same because they had a 50 yard kickoff return and averaged almost 20 yards on their punt returns, so they were working with a short field.

So yeah -- MSU had more total offense, because they had terrible special teams. It is what makes it humorous, that in the end, the one part of the game that excelled for UM, would be the same part who handed the game to MSU.

It was two evenly matched teams. Michigan led the entire game and had the game won. MSU caught a lucky break on a freak play. It'd be akin to someone attempting a full court shot in basketball, down by two points, and having the ball bounce off the head of the other team and into the basket, then saying we were the better team.

It was a freak play, it sucks for UM, but I think it shows how much things have changed with Harbaugh at coach. These were the same guys from the last two years who were pushed around by MSU and only a year ago -- MSU was running the score up. If UM gets a QB who can throw the ball downfield -- they'd be really dangerous.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh just watched the entire thing till the end.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

The kid in the studio at the end DEFINITELY reminds me of the "Boom goes the Dynamite" kid. That's my local news station and that kid is on every weekend, and just completely fumbles his way through everything. Makes it funny that he was in the studio (probably panicking) and the real sports guy and probably producer were the ones who fucked up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Are Buckeye fans always this obsessed with MI games?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's cool if that's your view. In my view, MI had the game won, and Sparty needed a once in a lifetime miracle to change that. That shows me that the better team yesterday let one slip away.

Sparty is a great program. I respect them. I just think MI, already having closed the gap in one year when everyone thought it would take years, is the better program in the grand scheme of things.

Basically, I feel great about the future. That's my point.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Are Buckeye fans always this obsessed with MI games?
LOL coming from a michigan fan, that's rich.

I'm always happy to see michigan embarrass themselves at home.

Also, given Dantonio's penchant for trick plays, you're just wrong. But go ahead and keep on dwelling on your sad little "we're still better" nonsense.