• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Jim Harbaugh whining like a petulant baby (re: officiating) at his presser

Did he ? I have to see that.

He didn't H2S is the Sparty equivalent of Maize-n-Blue on these threads....7 Samurai has my respect, a classy Spartans fan that doesn't talk shit. Bottom line Michigan led the entire game until the last play, I tip my hat to reasonable Spartan fans...

yes, he did.
to the point that he may have to answer to the B1G for his pouty little tirade re: officiating - which, imo, might never have been broached publicly if HE hadn't made such a disastrous coaching blunder. Christ sakes, even Drew Sharp dissed the sob.

Jim Harbaugh's complaints diminish classic Michigan State-Michigan game

CU? LOL, you're the intellectual equivalent of shit sticking to boots making value judgments.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool if that's your view. In my view, MI had the game won, and Sparty needed a once in a lifetime miracle to change that. That shows me that the better team yesterday let one slip away.

Sparty is a great program. I respect them. I just think MI, already having closed the gap in one year when everyone thought it would take years, is the better program in the grand scheme of things.

Basically, I feel great about the future. That's my point.
Had that punt play happened in the 3rd quarter, and MSU held on and won 28-23, you'd be saying different. The fact that it was the last play of the game is irrelevant - it was still during the game. It still happened. MSU came up big when it needed to, simple as that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL coming from a michigan fan, that's rich.

I'm always happy to see michigan embarrass themselves at home.

Also, given Dantonio's penchant for trick plays, you're just wrong. But go ahead and keep on dwelling on your sad little "we're still better" nonsense.

Keep talking about MI and letting everyone know they're in your head.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had that punt play happened in the 3rd quarter, and MSU held on and won 28-23, you'd be saying different. The fact that it was the last play of the game is irrelevant - it was still during the game. It still happened. MSU came up big when it needed to, simple as that.

But it didn't. Can't make up false scenarios to support your argument.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why MSU gets called little brother. I don't support it, but this is why it happens. Bucks fans are like little brothers BFF. You won the game. Begging for respect is for insecure fans. Shouldn't matter if I think MI is better. So what?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why MSU gets called little brother. I don't support it, but this is why it happens. Bucks fans are like little brothers BFF. You won the game. Begging for respect is for insecure fans. Shouldn't matter if I think MI is better. So what?
LOL damn the butthurt is overwhelming with this one. When your hated rival loses in the most soul-crushing way possible in front of it's home fans, a little commentary is expected. Take your loss and quit whining.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you are the one in here crying for Michigan to get respect and claiming to be the greater program.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL damn the butthurt is overwhelming with this one. When your hated rival loses in the most soul-crushing way possible in front of it's home fans, a little commentary is expected. Take your loss and quit whining.

I could never be bothered by a child who uses words like butthurt.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone thinks Sparty is better, more power to them. Cool w me. I just disagree.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you are the one in here crying for Michigan to get respect and claiming to be the greater program.

No I'm not. I'm not bothered if someone thinks Sparty is better. Your opinion. I just said I think MI is better. Bucks fans don't like that for some reason.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone thinks Sparty is better, more power to them. Cool w me. I just disagree.

I am not trying to say MSU is better but both teams were pretty much dead equal (which is what the game suggests)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to say MSU is better but both teams were pretty much dead equal (which is what the game suggests)

I'm not arguing it, perfectly reasonable opinion. I just think moving forward, MI looks better. Fans guessed it would take years for MI to close the gap. Took 1.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing it, perfectly reasonable opinion. I just think moving forward, MI looks better. Fans guessed it would take years for MI to close the gap. Took 1.

I was of the opinion it would take this year just because of the QB situation. Didn't think Michigan was going to be able to seriously contend with Rudock or whoever else at QB.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was of the opinion it would take this year just because of the QB situation. Didn't think Michigan was going to be able to seriously contend with Rudock or whoever else at QB.

Me too, I picked Sparty to win. Was floored by the spread. Isn't Cook supposed to be a 1st rounder?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, did you even watch the play?? When the ball landed in his hands, he was at the 35 and there was literally nobody in front of him. So you're saying the smart play at that point would be to just take a dive??? Your football intellect matches that of your team.
Nope. As I stated earlier in this thread, I didn't say to take s dive. You always scoop when it's 4th down (see Arky vs tOSU in that bowl game years back).

But if time is literally down to the last second and there is a pile in front of you, stepping out of bounds at the 10 or 7 and kicking a winning fg is a fantastic option versus risking a LOSS by trying to rush through a pile to barely fall into the end zone with time running iut

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try and score. He had like 7 blockers in front of him. No way he's not scoring unless somebody doesn't block.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really, the kid who picked up the fumble was dumb for trying to score the TD. Time was running out. A fg wins it. If he got stopped at the 1 yard line, he risks losing the game

Huh ? MSU's kicker sucks and he picked it up at just inside the 40. If he falls on it that's a 50+ FG attempt.. longer than anything he's made in his career. He made the right decision. He had blockers and few in blue in his way.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try and score. He had like 7 blockers in front of him. No way he's not scoring unless somebody doesn't block.
Bullshit. #24 was literally touching in front of him inside the 10.

At that point he had a great opportunity to step out.