• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #7 Michigan State @ #12 Michigan

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ElTexan is actually fucking dumber than I thought. At first, I thought he meant the guy should have just gone down once he recovered the ball. My bad. Actually, he thinks the guy that has the ball, running towards the end zone with absolutely 0 idea how much time is on the field once he reaches the 10 or so, should have just gone down. I mean, for all he knew, the clock had expired. But how could he not just fall down instead of going for the TD with a convoy of blockers??

Holy shit dude, you have to be the dumbest fucking football fan I've ever seen.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Monday Morning Quarterbacks have 20/20 hindsight and have never made a bad call. They know exactly how every play will turn out.

SMH

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio called it an "11-man block" (there was nobody downfield to receive the punt)...
I've never seen anything like it...has anybody here?
(Except in hockey when the goalie is pulled in the last desperate seconds...)
interesting concept, considering most punts are neither caught nor returned...so
why not put everybody on the line to block it?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, y'all's theory first was that the runner had plenty of time and therefore should go for the TD. Now, it's that he had NO idea how much time was left and therefore HAD TO go for the TD.

What do they say about dumb fucks who change their tunes in the middle of an argument.
A complete 180° in the argument. Y'all are laughable

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio called it an "11-man block" (there was nobody downfield to receive the punt)...
I've never seen anything like it...has anybody here?

Yes -- it wasn't anything new. On a play like that when it is basically the end of the game, you have nothing to lose -- there is no need to have someone back returning the punt when you are sending everyone else to try and block it.

Dantonio has come up with some tremendous trick plays in his career, but that wasn't one of them. That was the norm.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- it wasn't anything new. On a play like that when it is basically the end of the game, you have nothing to lose -- there is no need to have someone back returning the punt when you are sending everyone else to try and block it.

Dantonio has come up with some tremendous trick plays in his career, but that wasn't one of them. That was the norm.

hey, thanks for the lecture.
so it's the norm, huh?
when was the last time you saw it?
like I said, I've never seen it before
(and could care less who invented it.)

still though, it seems to make sense -to put all eleven guys on the line and leave nobody back- in more situations than strictly desperation end-o-game circumstances.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, thanks for the lecture.
so it's the norm, huh?
when was the last time you saw it?
like I said, I've never seen it before
(and could care less who invented it.)

still though, it seems to make sense -to put all eleven guys on the line and leave nobody back- in more situations than strictly desperation end-o-game circumstances.

Yes -- it is the norm. I wasn't giving you a lecture, I was responding.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- it is the norm. I wasn't giving you a lecture, I was responding.

and I asked if you've ever seen it happen.
heck, you don't have to be specific, just honestly say that you've seen it happen; s'all...
cause I can honestly say that, over bookoo years of watching football, I've never seen it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck, you don't have to be specific, just honestly say that you've seen it happen; s'all...
cause I can honestly say that, over bookoo years of watching football, I've never seen it.

Yes -- I've seen it done multiple times before. It isn't something that happens every game, as it takes special circumstances to do something like that. But it is definitely the norm.

Reactions: H2S

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened to Michigan last night was the antithesis of winning the lotto in terms of probability and impact. Nonetheless, Michigan State won so I commend them on their victory. :suds:

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was fun going through this thread seeing everyone talk about how great Michigan's punter was, then Page 20 happened.
OMGfest

:think:

I am a big Steelers fan, I saw Craig Colquitt's last Monday Night game against an inferior Bengals team (if memory serves), announcers brought up he never had a punt blocked in his career....well needless to say not only was his punt blocked but it was snuffed most convincingly. Michigan's punter set a season NCAA recond for an 80 yd punt earlier in the game and was putting balls inside the twenty with amazing regularity, he just had one of the worst gaffes a punter can have and that is how he'll be remembered sadly...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, y'all's theory first was that the runner had plenty of time and therefore should go for the TD. Now, it's that he had NO idea how much time was left and therefore HAD TO go for the TD.

What do they say about dumb fucks who change their tunes in the middle of an argument.
A complete 180° in the argument. Y'all are laughable
I seriously hope you're not talking about the MSU player that recovered the ball and returned it, You can't possibly be that dense

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fresh off the shelf. This poor guy will be famous in not a good way for scUM fans.US5hxPa.gif

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously hope you're not talking about the MSU player that recovered the ball and returned it, You can't possibly be that dense

And yet....

wow, ain this the shits? two "odds of that" conversations simultaneously. so, which is more likely?

the texas thing 'being that dense?' or
the chances you'll EVER see an 11-man punt rush?

:noidea:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, precise argument. Shows the depth and precision of your mind.
#leghumper

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So genius just what should he have done ? Fallen down at the 15 ? the 20 ? Left it up to a kicker who's 50% on the season from inside the 40 ? I guess he's supposed to have a clock in his head, too, while he's running towards the goal line trying to follow his multiple blockers with literally 1 guy to beat. The notion that he should have just fallen down is idiotic. Do you just play a moron on sports DBs or are you like this in real life, too ?

:think:

I think he was at the 39, fall down and let MSU toss up a Hail Mary, but you're right hindsight is 20/20...