• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7-26 God's mistake vs The Champs

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to see Hudson get the W but...

Vogelsong should be starting over him. Though if that happens, Hudson has no role on this team. Vogelsong (short stint) has been decent out of pen

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vogelsong should be starting over him. Though if that happens, Hudson has no role on this team. Vogelsong (short stint) has been decent out of pen

I hope for a win from THud today, too. But I don't have a lot of confidence in him going forward.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Aoki will be activated tomorrow.

What is the corresponding move? Pagan's defense has been rough, but his bat has come alive of late. Is he still a no-brainier for the DL?

I think you still DL him. We need all-hands for August, and a healthy Oxy can potentially be the difference maker.
It depends on what is wrong with his legs. If ptb think his problem will get demonstrably better in a few weeks, yeah they might DL him. However if there is off season work needed and he can still play without further damage, they might keep him in there for his hot f'ing bat. Damn the D and lack of stolen bases.

Royals get C. :(

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Huddy moundshattery I see. Good grief this guy is a disaster.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great, we got five shaky innings out of him. No mas.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, Hudson you went five and Giants are leading

Put in Vogelsong for two, Romo for the eighth and Santiago to close it out.

Hudson beats Oakland, doesn't start again for SF

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great, we got five shaky innings out of him. No mas.
Whatsamatta you? You know Noggin is gonna send him out one more inning!

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, George Bush. And how much does milk cost these days? (Before your time, I know. Look it up)

An MLB baseball is more like $20.

lol. Ok, so they are more expensive than I thought haha.

Just strongly dislike people who interfere with the game/wrestle for baseballs...I also don't get the thing with throwing opposing team's HR ball back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see any potential for a DFA for Vogey. He is too much part of the fabric of the team. He is part of the soul.

THudd, however, was a hired gun at the tail end of his career. A DFA is a possibility for him. However, maybe a trade to the As or Braves would be more likely. The Giants cover all or most of his salary and they get a bag of balls in return. That save Thud the embarasment of ending his career as a DFA casualty.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any potential for a DFA for Vogey. He is too much part of the fabric of the team. He is part of the soul.

THudd, however, was a hired gun at the tail end of his career. A DFA is a possibility for him. However, maybe a trade to the As or Braves would be more likely. The Giants cover all or most of his salary and they get a bag of balls in return. That save Thud the embarasment of ending his career as a DFA casualty.[/QUOTE]

Precisely what I was wondering. Hudson on numbers/abilities alone is DFA-worthy, but does namesake and this being his last year keep him from being DFA'd by SF as a respectful/tip of the cap thing. If we could trade him, I'd do it in a heartbeat, even if it's for nothing in return as you said and we eat his salary

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely what I was wondering. Hudson on numbers/abilities alone is DFA-worthy, but does namesake and this being his last year keep him from being DFA'd by SF as a respectful/tip of the cap thing. If we could trade him, I'd do it in a heartbeat, even if it's for nothing in return as you said and we eat his salary
To be fair, his performance is only DFA- worthy on a solid team. He has a sub-5.00 ERA. That is a solid 4 or 5 on some lower-tier teams.

A for his DFA protection with the Giants, I think, push come to shove, the Giants will DFA him if needed. I don't think they are there yet, but I can see it happening.

Timmeh, JA and Vogey have DFA protection, though. They will NOT be DFAd unless the player requests it (like Scutaro requested it)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...

Getting caught up arguing Bonds on the MLB forum, I am hardly paying attention to this game...

:gaah: