• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.20 A'ss @ EvenYear

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That error is attributed to Anderson, I believe...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good year as a fan for baseball to be non existent. We may be losing some development years, but we aren’t missing ANY prime years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Slater play will never knock you over. But all he does is perform. Odd cat to evaluate.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo...

Is Nakken a HOFer?

Serious question.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Slater play will never knock you over. But all he does is perform. Odd cat to evaluate.

He's a guy I thought for sure the new regime would cast aside in favor of their own, but he seems to have some favor with them. Makes for an ideal platoon partner with Dickerson and Yaz.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a guy I thought for sure the new regime would cast aside in favor of their own, but he seems to have some favor with them. Makes for an ideal platoon partner with Dickerson and Yaz.
I still have no feel for how this FO operates. I feel so lost

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess it is due to his versatility. Can play all three outfield positions, 1st base and has some experience at 2nd base.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt watch. Glad I didn't. Watching our manager kneel for the National Anthem would have pissed me off too much to sleep. I have known too many people who have died in wars fighting for some ashore to disrespect what he did for their own political agenda

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt watch. Glad I didn't. Watching our manager kneel for the National Anthem would have pissed me off too much to sleep. I have known too many people who have died in wars fighting for some ashore to disrespect what he did for their own political agenda

Ok, screw it. You're just dead wrong. You have it EXACTLY backwards. Kneeling isn't "disrespecting the troops." Common red herring. It acknowledgement that racial injustice and police brutality are REAL. Kneeling acknowledges that. This country is in real danger of embracing facism and intolerance. If watching someone kneel during the anthem pisses you off, wake the F up and do something about systemic subjugation of POC and out-of-control police forces.

I'm a veteran, my Dad and Grandfather were vets. I have a brother who is a cop. I lost a friend in Desert Storm. It's awful, but kneeling doesn't negate anything those who served did. Kneeling is respecting the tenets of our democracy -- fairness, equality, and justice.

Jeebus, and I come on this board for baseball.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, screw it. You're just dead wrong. You have it EXACTLY backwards. Kneeling isn't "disrespecting the troops." Common red herring. It acknowledgement that racial injustice and police brutality are REAL. Kneeling acknowledges that. This country is in real danger of embracing facism and intolerance. If watching someone kneel during the anthem pisses you off, wake the F up and do something about systemic subjugation of POC and out-of-control police forces.

I'm a veteran, my Dad and Grandfather were vets. I have a brother who is a cop. I lost a friend in Desert Storm. It's awful, but kneeling doesn't negate anything those who served did. Kneeling is respecting the tenets of our democracy -- fairness, equality, and justice.

Jeebus, and I come on this board for baseball.
“Political tirade... political tirade... political tirade...

I don’t come here for politics!”

irony much?

guys, NO POLITICAL TALK HERE!!

we have avoided it for over 10 years. Let’s try to continue that trend.

Besides, if we talk about politics in relation to my team and home city, I may lose my fandom. I don’t want to flirt with that possibility. Blinders are a must.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Political tirade... political tirade... political tirade...

I don’t come here for politics!”

irony much?

guys, NO POLITICAL TALK HERE!!

we have avoided it for over 10 years. Let’s try to continue that trend.

Besides, if we talk about politics in relation to my team and home city, I may lose my fandom. I don’t want to flirt with that possibility. Blinders are a must.
Yeah, if we are going to get mad at each other, lets do it over something more significant, like how amazing Brandon Belt is as a 1st baseman and how some just cannot come to grips with his amazing peak years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if we are going to get mad at each other, lets do it over something more significant, like how amazing Brandon Belt is as a 1st baseman and how some just cannot come to grips with his amazing peak years.
Nah...

Let’s talk about how great a Ford Mustang is. Mustangs are fine cars. They are fun. They are powerful.

But I wouldn’t pay he same for a Mustang as I would a Porsche or a Ferrari or a Lamborghini.

What’s that you say? The Mustang is the nicest car I have in my Garage? You are correct. But my other car is a Volkswagen Bug that is on blocks. It doesn’t take much to be the nicest car in my garage.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...

Let’s talk about how great a Ford Mustang is. Mustangs are fine cars. They are fun. They are powerful.

But I wouldn’t pay he same for a Mustang as I would a Porsche or a Ferrari or a Lamborghini.

What’s that you say? The Mustang is the nicest car I have in my Garage? You are correct. But my other car is a Volkswagen Bug that is on blocks. It doesn’t take much to be the nicest car in my garage.
Except that there were no Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini's available on the market and what few existed were costing much more than that Mustang and were not for sale. Oh, and that the person who thought it was a Mustang was delusional and it was really a Corvette.