• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/13/13 SL game vs Wizards

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo unlikely to play?

"Rookie guard Nemanja Nedovic, whom the Warriors selected No. 30 overall in last month's draft, sprained his right ankle and is questionable for Golden State's summer league opener in Las Vegas."

Well there goes my whole reason for recording this game.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st quarter vs Wiz,

Green jacking up shots left and right, Bazemore seems a little lost out there, Machado playing some nice defense.

Nothing else really of note so far

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game was ugly

Box scores don't always tell the picture, but

26% shooting for Dubs, 31% for Wizards. ugghh

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green looked good. At times he seemed to be the only NBA player on the floor. He did everything well, you could even see the confidence in his shot. I love that he scored 12 pts from the line. I also love how he was hustling and diving for balls, even though its just summer league. Some people only know one speed to play at.

I have to go back and watch the 2nd half again (I fell asleep on some of it) to see how Bazemore caught fire. I seen him throwing up bricks, then I wake up and see the stats and he was like 7-14 for 21. I liked his defense too.

Machado showed some good defense as well, that shooting was pretty rough though. At times he looked like he was throwing the ball up, trying to get fouled.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say Green showed confidence I mean that he looked as if he has been really working on his shot. I know he didn't make alot, it looked good though. Where he's going to really improve is when he focuses on catching the ball 5 feet closer than behind the 3 point line. 2 pts are better than 0 and a long rebound attempt.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game was ugly

Box scores don't always tell the picture, but

26% shooting for Dubs, 31% for Wizards. ugghh

It's hard to judge summer league games by stats, most guys out there are trying to show either what they're working on (unpolished skills) or overdoing effort to show they're worth a roster spot. That typically leads to poor play. Bazemore showed that he can get to the rim against this level of talent at will. His perimeter play and passing wasn't really there though. He made a bunch of poor decisions trying to start the break.Machado looked in control of the offense, but it's hard to really know because all it takes is 1 guy to be out of position to mess that up. I liked his pace and spacing, though.Green is who he is. I like that he's working on that shot. It looks better leaving his hand, but I'd like to see him move his release point up a bit. He has a little of Mario Elie in that shot. If he can make it consistently, who am I to say how he shoots it, though.Everyone else looked lost out there. It's the first game after a few practices. I guess that's all you can expect, really.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Summer League is about looking for skills that will translate against the "real" NBA players. Caveat - I didn't see the game. However, if Bazemore got to the basket against this level of talent, does that mean he could do so against NBA talent? Maybe, maybe not. Points mean nothing to me, it's about efficiency, poise, shooting percentage, etc....... Seeing Bazemore went 7-14 overall, but only 1-6 from 3, and hearing that he padded his overall percentage by going to the hoop against inferior talent (most of whom won't make rosters), it doesn't sound all that impressive.

Machado shooting 1-11, and Green shooting 1-9 sound positively disastrous for them. Green has a lot of other things which he provides, but Machado only getting 1 or 2 assists...... sounds bleak.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer League is about looking for skills that will translate against the "real" NBA players. Caveat - I didn't see the game. However, if Bazemore got to the basket against this level of talent, does that mean he could do so against NBA talent? Maybe, maybe not. Points mean nothing to me, it's about efficiency, poise, shooting percentage, etc....... Seeing Bazemore went 7-14 overall, but only 1-6 from 3, and hearing that he padded his overall percentage by going to the hoop against inferior talent (most of whom won't make rosters), it doesn't sound all that impressive.

Machado shooting 1-11, and Green shooting 1-9 sound positively disastrous for them. Green has a lot of other things which he provides, but Machado only getting 1 or 2 assists...... sounds bleak.

With Green it was weird, he hit the first shot of the game, then kept bricking. The first shot looked real good, you could see that he's been working on it. I do like that he kept shooting with confidence,the thing that I didn't like was that he kept hoisting 3's. I think Green could be a really good shooter if he keeps his shot inside of 18 feet, like Landry. He's crafty enough to get himself to the line, as well as crafty enough to make the open pass while avoiding the charge.

Green looked good, minus the shooting %.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Green it was weird, he hit the first shot of the game, then kept bricking. The first shot looked real good, you could see that he's been working on it. I do like that he kept shooting with confidence,the thing that I didn't like was that he kept hoisting 3's. I think Green could be a really good shooter if he keeps his shot inside of 18 feet, like Landry. He's crafty enough to get himself to the line, as well as crafty enough to make the open pass while avoiding the charge.

Green looked good, minus the shooting %.

Looked to me like Green put on some weight, since he's the definition of "tweener" on our team, I dont' know if that's the best thing for him.

He's not fast enough to run with the quicker 3's, and really strong enough to bang with the larger 4's, I would have though he would have tried to put on "lean muscle" instead of bulking up this offseason.

His 1st shot did look nice from the 3 point wing, but everything else, no so much

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like Green put on some weight, since he's the definition of "tweener" on our team, I dont' know if that's the best thing for him.

He's not fast enough to run with the quicker 3's, and really strong enough to bang with the larger 4's, I would have though he would have tried to put on "lean muscle" instead of bulking up this offseason.

His 1st shot did look nice from the 3 point wing, but everything else, no so much

I think the weight is good for him. He'll be a 4, I doubt if we really see him run any minutes at sf. I think he could be a better player than Landry if he's exclusively at pf, only if he stops shooting so many 3's. He can hit the 15 ft and closer at a pretty high %. Then his floor game is where his value come into play.