• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.10 Gnats @ Disco

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they might be showcasing him for a trade, which is why they rushed him up.

Perhaps. The guy has a million dollar arm. But he has never shown any real control. He is always around 4.5 walks/9 innings. I think they have tried him as a reliever, but that would be a disaster if he has no control. Hope he harnesses his potential, he could be really good. But I am not seeing it right now.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. The guy has a million dollar arm. But he has never shown any real control. He is always around 4.5 walks/9 innings. I think they have tried him as a reliever, but that would be a disaster if he has no control. Hope he harnesses his potential, he could be really good. But I am not seeing it right now.
20 days from the deadline, not sure how they could spin his value positively. He's going to need probably 5 consecutive lights out appearances within the next 15 days to sell even close to high on him.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 days from the deadline, not sure how they could spin his value positively. He's going to need probably 5 consecutive lights out appearances within the next 15 days to sell even close to high on him.

He has been one of the few bright lights in the minor league pitching department. However, he has never really progressed as had been hoped, I don't think. There are some really good arms coming through the system, mostly at low-A San Jose. But there are some decent arms at Eugene and Richmond as well. Sacramento is a dumpster fire, but it is the Coast League. Beede just turned 28, so he is no longer a "young" prospect. I hope he figures it out, but it may be with another team. It seems as if this Giant team is built (surprisingly) to win now. So if Beede and another prospect or two can get us another starter or another decent bullpen arm, so be it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to sell high maybe medium is enough for a useful pen arm

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to sell high maybe medium is enough for a useful pen arm
Don't see him at that point right now, either. Just came back after a 1 and half lay off due to TJ surgery and he's looked awful both in rehab and in his first big league appearance. Someone may take him in a package or as the PTBNL but I cannot see him being the linchpin to any trade.