• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

60’s, 70’s, 80’s NBA Draft Game 3: Milk vs Sushi

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he's talking out his ass. Guarding the best player who ever lived easier than guarding a slow, pass first guy. Of course it's easier for a player to give love to another player who never won shit than give more love to the greatest player of all time who won all the time. Ego gets in the way...

No, it's about context. There's a difference between being easier to guard and easier to stop. Jordan was the former because if you listen to what Payton says, you knew exactly what MJ was going to do when he got the ball. He was predictable, but not easier to stop than Stockton. What he's saying is that Stockton challenged him more because he had to worry about more things going on, on the court. If he was guarding Jordan, he had a sole focus to stop him from scoring. With Stockton, you had to worry about him setting picks and having to switch out or go over screens. You'd have to worry about him diving on a cut to the hoop. You'd have to worry about him shooting 3's. You have to worry about him hitting the roll guy on a cut. I've played basketball at a varsity level and it's just as demoralizing as a player to have the guy you're guarding give you 30, as it is to have your guy completely control the game on offense for their team, even if they're not the one that's continually scoring.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolzzz well those are game averages not half averages...

I dont see many other lineups that were a whole lot better in their “1st half” then that. You get 2 HOF’rs for each lineup essentially and then you pick from the 60, 70, 80’s. The pool isn’t as big as you would think, I thought it would be a piece of cake when we started, far from it

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, only player I remember seeing with better post moves was Hakeem...

Barkley's said on numerous occasions that Kevin McHale was the hardest player he ever guarded. He even said it was crazy that post players were going to Hakeem for advice because Hakeem was basically a freak athlete and could do things no other person could do. McHale was fundamentally sound and would be able to teach you all the old man tricks.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's about context. There's a difference between being easier to guard and easier to stop. Jordan was the former because if you listen to what Payton says, you knew exactly what MJ was going to do when he got the ball. He was predictable, but not easier to stop than Stockton. What he's saying is that Stockton challenged him more because he had to worry about more things going on, on the court. If he was guarding Jordan, he had a sole focus to stop him from scoring. With Stockton, you had to worry about him setting picks and having to switch out or go over screens. You'd have to worry about him diving on a cut to the hoop. You'd have to worry about him shooting 3's. You have to worry about him hitting the roll guy on a cut. I've played basketball at a varsity level and it's just as demoralizing as a player to have the guy you're guarding give you 30, as it is to have your guy completely control the game on offense for their team, even if they're not the one that's continually scoring.

Hogwash! Jordan did those things as well!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s only for a half and not even 50% of your players were in the HOF. It isn’t close to a free for all.

Aguirre was far from decent. He averaged 22+ ppg 6 straight years and 29 one yead. NBA is more about fits than getting a bunch of guys that can score, that could actually hurt you like pairing AI and Kobe.

These are just career averages and not prime, imagine McHale on a team that needed scoring...

Mchale 18 ppg
Scott 14 ppg
Cartwright 13 ppg
Aguirre 20 ppg

Add Stockton and that is plenty for ONE HALF. If this was a lineup for one game, I agree.

My first half...ahem...but according to Milk it was defense only, lol.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley's said on numerous occasions that Kevin McHale was the hardest player he ever guarded. He even said it was crazy that post players were going to Hakeem for advice because Hakeem was basically a freak athlete and could do things no other person could do. McHale was fundamentally sound and would be able to teach you all the old man tricks.

He was in Minnesota when K.G. came to town trying to teach him...