• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

60’s, 70’s, 80’s NBA Draft Game 3: Milk vs Sushi

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think John Stockton is overrated. Still all time great. But his game was passing. It is nice to have a top 10 scorer of all time on your team when that’s your game.

I agree, to a degree. On his own, he wouldn't be great, but depending on his surrounding cast he could be the key to winning. It would just depend on who else you have around him. If you paired him with other ball dominant guards/wings, his value diminishes by a wide margin.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's still a tangible skill against anyone in the NBA throughout history. I think it's easily translate-able because against any of the all-time bigs in history, he would/could do the same. He played against Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, etc and did it all to them as well as anyone else. He got double teamed, fouled hard, etc. He played through contact and wasn't soft. He is easily one of the most agile centers in NBA history too. He wasn't just some lumbering big. His footwork is impecable. That's how he got to his spots. It wasn't just that he used brute strength, his footwork is what put him over the top.

I agree. In a way it sort of like Lebron driving the ball, he is like a freight train but the thing is he gets fouled harder than anyone and takes the contact and doesn’t get a lot of call guys would because of if, most guys would be on the ground. It’s one of the things he does best so you cant take that away from him and unstoppable at it

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, to a degree. On his own, he wouldn't be great, but depending on his surrounding cast he could be the key to winning. It would just depend on who else you have around him. If you paired him with other ball dominant guards/wings, his value diminishes by a wide margin.
Right he was someone you wanted to have the ball. Right until he needed to shoot. Where he was just average. And his defense was very white man-ish

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah if I was doing that I would have mentioned how my jets have won more championships than your Vikings.

I can say that too for the Browns, not SB’s but “championships”. I need to start saying that actually

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's still a tangible skill against anyone in the NBA throughout history. I think it's easily translate-able because against any of the all-time bigs in history, he would/could do the same. He played against Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, etc and did it all to them as well as anyone else. He got double teamed, fouled hard, etc. He played through contact and wasn't soft. He is easily one of the most agile centers in NBA history too. He wasn't just some lumbering big. His footwork is impecable. That's how he got to his spots. It wasn't just that he used brute strength, his footwork is what put him over the top.

But see it shouldn't have been a tangible skill, he should have fouled out in the first half of every game he ever played in. He got to his spots by pushing people out of the way...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right he was someone you wanted to have the ball. Right until he needed to shoot. Where he was just average. And his defense was very white man-ish

I thought Stockton was actually a really good shooter, especially towards the latter part of his career. He started out terrible, improved tremendously. His defense was more pesky than anything.

But I will say if Gary Payton says that John Stockton was the hardest player he ever guarded, that means something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean....

1a. Kareem
1b. Hakeem
2. Wilt
3. Shaq
4. Vlade Divac

lolzzzz

You are the only one that brought up Divac. The difference between him and centers I played wasn’t a huge difference. Not sure why you thought that. Start watching some damn NBA first lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better today??

Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets
Cleveland Browns

HAHAHA fuck you!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But see it shouldn't have been a tangible skill, he should have fouled out in the first half of every game he ever played in. He got to his spots by pushing people out of the way...

Lol, there's a difference between two arm shoving a guy and using your body to back down a person, hold a spot, then back in some more. Watch Dwight Howard and all the foul calls he gets. It's because he has absolutely no finesse in getting to his spots. IMO, Charles Barkley was the best to have ever learned positioning and how to use their body to get where they wanted/needed to be. Shaq was much the same although people just tend to think of him just bulldozing people.

Shaq would run the floor and set his feet at a spot. But what really got him to where he needed to be was when the ball swung weakside and he shifted to the other side of the court. He was faster and more agile than most bigs, and would beat them to the spot he wanted, plant his feet and would be immoveable. He wasn't just pushing people out of the way.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better today??

Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets
Cleveland Browns

HAHAHA fuck you!

49ers 2019 Superbowl Champs. Jimmy G named MVP in perpetuity.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Stockton was actually a really good shooter, especially towards the latter part of his career. He started out terrible, improved tremendously. His defense was more pesky than anything.

But I will say if Gary Payton says that John Stockton was the hardest player he ever guarded, that means something.

I never listen to players. They are way too pc.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had some of the quickest feet and quickest hands I have ever seen, even for a white boy. His shooting was far from average. He shot over 40% from 3 seven times and he highly efficent for a guard. His passing skills were top 3 easy out of anyone all-time. I mean I dont know how that is overrated

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better today??

Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets
Cleveland Browns

HAHAHA fuck you!

Yes, but who will be more upset when their team does not win the sb this year. The one that expects to compete or the one who expects to compete for the number one pick in the 2019 draft???

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never listen to players. They are way too pc.

Except Payton, he was the biggest shit talker you will find. I always listen to those guys’ opinions bc you know when they say something like that it is the honest truth imo.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers 2019 Superbowl Champs. Jimmy G named MVP in perpetuity.

Having a party week 1

Vikes vs Niners... I'll send you a picture of the half Vikes half Niners cake I have made for the game. I have a bunch of friends down here who are Niners fans...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had some of the quickest feet and quickest hands I have ever seen, even for a white boy. His shooting was far from average. He shot over 40% from 3 seven times and he highly efficent for a guard. His passing skills were top 3 easy out of anyone all-time. I mean I dont know how that is overrated

He's overrated in that you need the RIGHT surrounding cast to get him to his A+ game. If you have the wrong people around him, he's under-utilized and not HOF John Stockton. Take the ball out of his hands a bit more and he's Mark Price.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better today??

Minnesota Vikings
New York Jets
Cleveland Browns

HAHAHA fuck you!

How’s that working out for yah? Lolzzz kirk to save the day!

Mayfield >>>> Kirky

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but who will be more upset when their team does not win the sb this year. The one that expects to compete or the one who expects to compete for the number one pick in the 2019 draft???

Yer on a roll today! lolzzz