• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 more years of Tootin'. errr.. Tyutin

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
CBJ extends Tyutin by 6 yrs ($27 mill).

nothing against him, but he doesn't really seem like a player you would long-term like that.
i.e. he's pretty replaceable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nothing against him, but he doesn't really seem like a player you would long-term like that.

I would tend to agree, but with recent market escalation, perhaps it is becoming wiser to lock up good but replaceable players for longer terms in order to avoid paying too much for those replacements.

Of course, I think the money's a little high on this deal, so that benefit is somewhat lost...

And by a little, I mean about $9 million...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:shocked:

That seems high in term AND dollars for toots. Interesting move to say the least. Fedor seems like a solid D-man but I'm not sure he's this good.

But what do I know. Meh.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would tend to agree, but with recent market escalation, perhaps it is becoming wiser to lock up good but replaceable players for longer terms in order to avoid paying too much for those replacements.

Of course, I think the money's a little high on this deal, so that benefit is somewhat lost...

And by a little, I mean about $9 million..

Those are about my sentiments as well. $3M per seems about right.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like a Cory Sarich contract to me...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
maybe they were using the Wizniewski contract as their benchmark. :jaw:

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the money looks high now, but if this team does turn the corner, which it looks like it could, his play will get more attention. As Darkstone mentioned, this also caps them if free agency continues to escalate. It may seem like a lot now, but he is part of the upside of the team's core. I think it's likely that we look back in 3 or 4 years and say "that's about right." That is assuming that they improve. With Nash having some help down low, I can't imagine them not coming away with a few more Ws.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.5 million per for a guy I don't really know that much about. Well they gave Wiz 5.5 million per & signed Radek Martinek who's good when he's healthy. The only problem is he tends to get injured quite a bit.

It's obvious CBJ are trying to win this year & in the near future. The problem is I don't think they're good enough to make the playoffs in the Western Conference.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they paid too much, but I don't have a problem with locking him up long term. From everything I hear, he's a dependable guy who everyone likes. He's not going to set the world on fire, but he's not going to get caught "Hatchering" (getting caught up ice looking confused). And it's not my money.

Having stability around young guys like Russell, Methot, Golubef and Moore could be good too. That could be a rocking D corps in about four years.

I know management was real Jazzed about picking him up in the Zherdev deal. They felt, even then, that they got the best of it. And it wasn't because of Backman.