• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you mentioned it. It had me thinking, but if it weren't for his production, this series could've had a different result. His 3-pointers definitely were deflating.

He was hitting them below his career average and at the same rate as the other guys. He had his moments certainly but so did Bellinelli, Ilyasova, Saric and Covington. That UN squad is designed to feed the hot shooter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Reddick take a bit of a discount to stay with the Sixers. If he sticks with them the next 3-4 years, he *should* get a ring.

I could see the Sixers offering him 2-3 years at the MLE.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the Sixers get to use the MLE...at least not this year. They need to sign him out of cap space.

Yeah that's going to be the obstacle given that he only signed a 1-year deal with them after being with the Clips last season. Essentially, no one owns his Bird Rights if I understand the current CBA correctly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #2 on this thread
Funny, you talked a lot of shit. They lost game 1 by almost 30. You couldn't accept it. Glad you can accept the 5 game perfect outcome for the Sixers.

As I said 3-4 games ago. Thanks to the Heat for being a perfect little stepping stone for us.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, you talked a lot of shit. They lost game 1 by almost 30. You couldn't accept it. Glad you can accept the 5 game perfect outcome for the Sixers.

As I said 3-4 games ago. Thanks to the Heat for being a perfect little stepping stone for us.

I'm a fan. I'm going to talk shit. It is what I do but I'm also honest

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Lakers being a potential trade partner in this scenario. I'd rather have Deng who'd be a positive influence in the locker room - this is acknowledging that Deng is nowhere near the value he's being paid.
Omg...have you sunk this low?

Deng?

Stay away from the ledge.....lol

You will have better options than this.

Shit, since you let me smash...tell ya what....

Gallo for Whiteside.

You can thank me later.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.....the only thing worse than a sore loser, is a terrible winner.

But rest assured in knowing he isn't speaking for the majority of real Sixers' fans.
...and that's before you even mention he's racist.

I can deal with knuckleheads.

But, I abhor fucking racists especially when they double down on the dumbfuckery.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that's before you even mention he's racist.

You picked up on that quickly. It took me a couple of years to realize that with him. Granted that was BT, Before Trump.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the refs, I would like to counter with this :

If both teams were whistled for the most fouls in a playoff game, and then broke that record the very next game, at what point do you change your tactics? I understand you played a certain way in the regular season, but as we are often told, this is playoff basketball. How many games would it take to try something else? When you do something the exact same way, get the same result each time, but are hoping for a different result, we know what that is the definition of.

Every major sport has changed its rules to promote more offense.
Even if we opine that the refs were favoring the Sixers, why keep doing the same thing expecting a different result???

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You picked up on that quickly. It took me a couple of years to realize that with him. Granted that was BT, Before Trump.
I'm careful with throwing that accusation around.

In real life, rather justified or not, it can ruin a person's reputation.

I know lots of Trump Supporters.

Never heard them repeat the Shit this clown said.

He hit all the keywords and leapt to that assumption based on what the Miami kid looked like.

Again, Black racists, white racists....all of em...

Disgusting....

This kid is literally the LEAST ghetto, thug black guy that I have ever seen.....lol

There’s a funny story about a very scrawny Josh Richardson showing up for a recruiting visit to Tennessee in skinny jeans and glasses with no lenses. The hipster from Oklahoma looked more like the younger brother of a recruit than someone who deserved a scholarship.

http://knoxblogs.com/fastbreak/2015/06/26/josh-richardsons-turning-point/

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Riiight.

I'm watching the NBA, but secretly I only appreciate the Australian skin color.

Good logic guys.

:pissed:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm careful with throwing that accusation around.

In real life, rather justified or not, it can ruin a person's reputation.

I know lots of Trump Supporters.

Never heard them repeat the Shit this clown said.

He hit all the keywords and leapt to that assumption based on what the Miami kid looked like.

Again, Black racists, white racists....all of em...

Disgusting....

This kid is literally the LEAST ghetto, thug black guy that I have ever seen.....lol

There’s a funny story about a very scrawny Josh Richardson showing up for a recruiting visit to Tennessee in skinny jeans and glasses with no lenses. The hipster from Oklahoma looked more like the younger brother of a recruit than someone who deserved a scholarship.

http://knoxblogs.com/fastbreak/2015/06/26/josh-richardsons-turning-point/
Good for him. Don't care what he looks like. I never said anything about his look, it's irrelevant. Quit projecting

It was a street move to take out his legs from my angle.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the Sixers get to use the MLE...at least not this year. They need to sign him out of cap space.
Why not?

I thought only hardcapped teams lose it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the refs, I would like to counter with this :

If both teams were whistled for the most fouls in a playoff game, and then broke that record the very next game, at what point do you change your tactics? I understand you played a certain way in the regular season, but as we are often told, this is playoff basketball. How many games would it take to try something else? When you do something the exact same way, get the same result each time, but are hoping for a different result, we know what that is the definition of.

Every major sport has changed its rules to promote more offense.
Even if we opine that the refs were favoring the Sixers, why keep doing the same thing expecting a different result???

I'm done talking about the refs. It wasn't only Heat/Sixers related. I have watched most games in the playoffs and IMO, they're calling too many soft/touch fouls that you kind of need to let go in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @WiggyRuss

If I'm looking at this correctly, they can't use it because they have about 25 mil in capspace.

But, say they use that on another free agent...I know it's not enough for LeBron....

Then they can use it.

Yay or Nay?

Philadelphia 76ers Team Salary | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News
NBA Salary Cap FAQ

this is a GREAT CBA fact sheet.

26. How do exceptions count against the cap? Does being under the cap always mean that a team has room to sign free agents? Do teams ever lose their exceptions?
If a team is below the cap, then its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level (either the Taxpayer or Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level, whichever applies to the team) and/or trade exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap1. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question number 37). A team can't act like it's under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or trade exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to the team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

My reading of that would lead me to believe they cannot use cap room to sign free agents, and then use the mid level exception in the same year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

with all of Phillies extra draft picks, 2nd rounders etc. I would be willing to bet they could find a taker for Bayless by attaching an asset or two to him. If they attached 2 2nd rounders to him- i bet a team would probably take him. That would open up about another 8.5M.

SAme with Kormaz and Cabarot--- if they really needed their combined 3.2M or so- id think they could get off it- but at the same time- its not like the cap-holds for required roster spots are much less, if at all less, then what those 2 are making.