• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 Fans Arrested for Assault in Steelers@Bengals Game, Including Man Who Urinated on Another Person

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football is the worst. It brings out the most disgusting and low rent behavior in humanity.
And it is sad because the sport itself is near perfection.

It happens at every stadium
It is by far and away (not even close) the worst game day experience for any semblance of family fun.

It takes a certain type of "GUY" to pound beers on a Sunday while wearing the jersey of some other dude, and cap it off with a drunken drive home. Most people don't want to get hammered and be raggedly hungover for the next day at the office..... but the NFL guy embraces it.

I am not sure what the NFL can really do about it other than outright alcohol bans.
Luckily for them, the television experience of the NFL is unrivaled. They have perfected the TV part of it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It takes a certain type of "GUY" to pound beers on a Sunday while wearing the jersey of some other dude, and cap it off with a drunken drive home. Most people don't want to get hammered and be raggedly hungover for the next day at the office..... but the NFL guy embraces it.

You just described Basketball, Baseball Hockey and Soccer too. Bad fans are not in the NFL alone.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.... it is not as bad in other sports.

The NBA game feels more of a glamorous night out with the lure of the cosmopolitan city night.
You dress to the nines and head out for a game and dinner. It has never had that drunken lunkhead vibe.
Celebrities make it the "see and be seen" event. It is the Cosmopolitan Sport.

Baseball still attracts the kids and families as it is inexpensive. You can afford a whole family experience easier.
A couple of hotdogs and cheap tickets make it possible to bring the kids.
Plus, the kids are off school for summertime.

College Football is on Saturday. And its fans are a greater percentage of college educated fans of all ages....plus only a fraction allow alchohol sales. Alumni like to bring their kids and show them where mom/dad went to school.

The NFL is the one with the guaranteed school night that makes it tough for kids to attend.
The NFL has the high ticket prices that further discourages big family outings.
Plus, they serve alchol and encourage tailgating.

I cannot speak much for Hockey or Soccer.... but the NFL is the "perfect storm" of ingredients for fan idiocy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football is the worst. It brings out the most disgusting and low rent behavior in humanity.
And it is sad because the sport itself is near perfection.

It is by far and away (not even close) the worst game day experience for any semblance of family fun.

I am not sure what the NFL can really do about it other than outright alcohol bans.
Luckily for them, the television experience of the NFL is unrivaled. They have perfected the TV part of it.

Football games are like rock concerts. The last one I went to the fail mary game (I didn't even get a chance to see the play) and I left after breaking up a couple of idiots going back and forth with each other. Some young drunk guy going at some old season ticket holder. Cops came over and told me to get back to my spot and I said "no problem!" Left right after that with like 2 minutes to go. Idiotic. And it was a huge monday night game and I was 2 sheets to the wind at that point but I even had common sense enough to know that an assault rap for absolutely no good reason is a bad idea. That's the last game I went to. I'll chill on my couch and watch the action from there.