• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.9 Wholestaff @ Strangers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, you don't want them to ever try to win now?
Folks here seem to not want to make trades to get better for this year. I'm definitely looking forward to the trade deadline.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks here seem to not want to make trades to get better for this year. I'm definitely looking forward to the trade deadline.
Never said that but I'm always nervous about who may be shipped off and who is brought back in a return. I don't know if FZ will overpay but his history suggests he can be pretty shrewd. I just don't know how other teams' GMs have adjusted to his negotiating abilities and how much Harris will be involved in the process.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that but I'm always nervous about who may be shipped off and who is brought back in a return. I don't know if FZ will overpay but his history suggests he can be pretty shrewd. I just don't know how other teams' GMs have adjusted to his negotiating abilities and how much Harris will be involved in the process.
I have no problem with "overpaying" in the sense of winning now vs the uncertain future. So maybe you give up a more talented but far from ready player to get someone who can help you win a ring. I'm very much looking forward to competing for another ring this year even if that means losing a good prospect or two.

Did NOT expect that this year. And I trust FZ's judgment far more than any of ours here.

Picture this team, healthy, with a shutdown closer...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brisbee today:

For eight innings on Wednesday, it was reasonable to construct a “The Giants bullpen might be fixed” narrative. Long would have been the hook for that narrative, pun intended, but the entire collective was noteworthy. The Rangers had four base runners in the first eight innings — two hits and two walks — and they struck out 12 times. None of the relievers who pitched were on the Opening Day roster.

And then....the shitpen showed up. So, so disappointing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brisbee today:

For eight innings on Wednesday, it was reasonable to construct a “The Giants bullpen might be fixed” narrative. Long would have been the hook for that narrative, pun intended, but the entire collective was noteworthy. The Rangers had four base runners in the first eight innings — two hits and two walks — and they struck out 12 times. None of the relievers who pitched were on the Opening Day roster.

And then....the shitpen showed up. So, so disappointing.
As usual you Karen this. They pitched great all day except the 9th. The new rule means that you can't really fault a pen if that guy on second with no outs scores. Rogers is not at all good for the extra innings situation. And even his 9th inning wasn't him getting rocked.

We need a legit closer. That's it, the rest of the pen is perfectly adequate to good.