• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/22 Shark @ Bandits

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, now if only he would give us the benefit of his stock market wisdom in similar fashion.

The thing is even if we win, he won't be happy. Not his style of victory or something.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stokes Law of Investing

If Stokes buys, sell like crazy. If Stokes sells, buy like crazy. :L

A stock picker who's always wrong is as useful as one who's always right. Once you know which is which.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what have you been selling lately?

Nothing lately. I bought Amazon back in November, and it was shooting up. Then came January. And some friends (dang it) were telling me to sell it. Bought at around $600. Sold around $450. Now it is back to $710

Investing is a long term deal, and I regularly forget that.

I am small time though. Not much in the market. My step-dad was heavy into the market. One day he was grousing about the market, and it turned out he'd lost $50,000 just on McDOnalds that week. I was aspiring to have $50,000 TOTAL in the market.

He was a B-24 pilot in WWII, and spend the better part of two years in a POW camp, and he was treated better than the enlisted guys because he was an officer. He never wanted to talk about WWII. He said he saw things that no person should ever have to see. He did say he saw the plane piloted by one of his best friends take a flak hit to the bomb bay, and the whole plane just evaporated. I shudder to think of what those guys went through. And came home and lived "normal' lives.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing lately. I bought Amazon back in November, and it was shooting up. Then came January. And some friends (dang it) were telling me to sell it. Bought at around $600. Sold around $450. Now it is back to $710

Investing is a long term deal, and I regularly forget that.

I am small time though. Not much in the market. My step-dad was heavy into the market. One day he was grousing about the market, and it turned out he'd lost $50,000 just on McDOnalds that week. I was aspiring to have $50,000 TOTAL in the market.

He was a B-24 pilot in WWII, and spend the better part of two years in a POW camp, and he was treated better than the enlisted guys because he was an officer. He never wanted to talk about WWII. He said he saw things that no person should ever have to see. He did say he saw the plane piloted by one of his best friends take a flak hit to the bomb bay, and the whole plane just evaporated. I shudder to think of what those guys went through. And came home and lived "normal' lives.
My grandfather was a Marine during WWII and wouldn't talk about the war until he hit his 80s. Finally got some stories out of him a few years ago but even then, he wouldn't talk much. Just mentioned how his unit was quarantined on a transport ship off Hawaii because a bunk mate died of meningitis (sp?) and how he was the guy that pulled the short straw when they were about to land on Iwo Jima. Apparently that meant he had to stay behind on the ship with the supplies. He tried to get a guy with a bum arm to swap with him, thinking that guy would be the least likely to make it. Instead, he was one of the only guys to make it back to the ship. Crazy stuff.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starters are averaging 6.23 innings per start. Can you imagine the state of this bullpen with last year's starters? Last year's starters averaged a bit more than 5 innings per game (except Bum).
We'd be looking up to the Dodgers (and maybe the D-Backs).

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, the Giants' starters averaged 5.80 innings per start. (18th in MLB)

The White Sox were best, averaging 6.24 innings per start.

The 2016 Giants are averaging 6.26 innings per start. (4th in MLB)

Only the Jays, the Nats and the Chubs are doing better.

Reactions: LHG