• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.22 NewAce @ Turdinals

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that Wisely and Ahmed have fallen into a bit of a platoon situation. Who saw that in spring training?

With Villar up, I do wonder why the Giants keep Brooks on the roster. He doesn't play a lot but when he does he does not hit. And he is basically a one trick pony - play 1st base and hit (yes, he did play the outfield a bit last year but has been exclusively a 1st baseman this year). I wonder if he gets the boot when the Giants go back to 13 pitchers on the roster.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks has hit the wall. If he gets through the fourth that would be victory enough.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chapman really as good as everyone says he is defensively? Seems to make a lot of errors. Or is he just in a funk defensively right now?

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chapman really as good as everyone says he is defensively? Seems to make a lot of errors. Or is he just in a funk defensively right now?
I don’t think anyone has called Chapman “good” in about 3 years. He’s a strikeout machine. Best option they have though considering this roster

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly game as the giants continue their descent toward the bottom of the league

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone has called Chapman “good” in about 3 years. He’s a strikeout machine. Best option they have though considering this roster
They have Schmitt and Villar that can play 3rd base. If they can hit at the same level as Chapman and field at the same level as he, then they do have options. Villar seems to have the better bat but Schmitt has the better glove. I don't think they have no options but the options are unknown.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Schmitt and Villar that can play 3rd base. If they can hit at the same level as Chapman and field at the same level as he, then they do have options. Villar seems to have the better bat but Schmitt has the better glove. I don't think they have no options but the options are unknown.
They paid a lot of money for Chapman and pursued him hard. He's going to play.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants lost 9-4. They're five games under .500 for the first time since May 15. The pitching staff, which ranks 26th in the Majors in ERA, gave up four homers.

Sell.

Sell.

Sell.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants lost 9-4. They're five games under .500 for the first time since May 15. The pitching staff, which ranks 26th in the Majors in ERA, gave up four homers.

Sell.

Sell.

Sell.
So, you’re saying…

The Giants have played .500 ball since May 15?

Sweet beans, dude!

Hang Loose Pauly Shore GIF

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you’re saying…

Sweet beans, dude!

That is one way of looking at it.

Another is the old "if your head is in a 350 degree oven and your feet are in the freezer, your average temperature is just fine."

I guess we're just fine.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sell.

Sell.

Sell.
While I understand the position I just don't think management will ever be able to take a 'sell' position at this time. The Snell signing sealed our fate. That was management going all in on a playoff position. They siged Lee, Chapman, Hicks, Solar ..... and Lee who was the statement signing. We are still in the hunt. Not a favorite, but still there. It will/would be much easier to sell the injury point of view rather than a clean house and start over position. This team was projected to win 90 games. That's a playoff position. Of all the signings Snell may be the only one not chosing to return next year. But with Cobb and Ray available next year ... they will again be projected as a playoff team.

Just much easier to ride it out and sell the injury aspect of things if we don't make the playoffs ... IMHO

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand the position I just don't think management will ever be able to take a 'sell' position at this time. The Snell signing sealed our fate. That was management going all in on a playoff position. They siged Lee, Chapman, Hicks, Solar ..... and Lee who was the statement signing. We are still in the hunt. Not a favorite, but still there. It will/would be much easier to sell the injury point of view rather than a clean house and start over position. This team was projected to win 90 games. That's a playoff position. Of all the signings Snell may be the only one not chosing to return next year. But with Cobb and Ray available next year ... they will again be projected as a playoff team.

Just much easier to ride it out and sell the injury aspect of things if we don't make the playoffs ... IMHO
Tzill is just being a pussy. He’s got the NolanNonsense playbook down. Shit on the team so if they fall short you were “right”, if they make the playoffs “hey I’m so happy I was wrong!”

Weak ass fan. This is not the time to give up. Might be later. Not now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another is the old "if your head is in a 350 degree oven and your feet are in the freezer, your average temperature is just fine."

I guess we're just fine.
I was commenting on POV. In reality, I agree that selling SHOULD happen.

But it won’t. This ownership group will NEVER be outright “sellers”. And you can’t really blame them, the area fans would not allow for it (most beautiful park in the bigs, and people won’t go if they aren’t winning championships).

And to be fair, what would we get for any of our trash? We won’t trade Bailey. We won’t trade Ramos. We won’t trade Webb. We won’t trade Hicks.

What would we get for Conforto? Chapman? Soler? Snell?

Nothing that will make a difference, so why shake things up just for the sake of shaking them up. Trading Bum when still had a year of team control and it was likely he wasn’t going to stay was when the team should have sold. Trading Rodon at the deadline was when this team should have sold. Selling now is pointless.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you’re saying…

Sweet beans, dude!

This is what I mean every season has good and bad stretches, we’re in the middle of a bad one. We’re no worse than the other 7 teams with almost the same record. You think Dbacks and Cardinals and Mets and Cubs and Pirates and Reds fans are super excited about their teams? We’re in the same boat.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we're just fine.
Ha ha ha. Finally a sense of humor from this guy