• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.17 NewAce @ Babybears

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisely 0-6
Chapman 0-5
Can't wait to send RanRod down.

Webb v. Steele tomorrow
Wholestaff v. Hendricks on Wed.
RanRod was d-fucked and ump-fucked something fierce. Hard to get too pissed at him for this one.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rickwood is only 2.5 hours from where I live. I didn't realize they were playing there until this week. So I looked up ticket prices - cheapest seats still available are $325.
That is absurd

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite that horrible gift in the bottom of the 9th to help get Doval settled, he still favored the Cubs by more than a full run. Kuip, on M&M just now, said his accuracy in last nights game was the lowest for any ump in the MLB all season.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reading this am that Hicks' velocity was down significantly but he gutted out 5 innings for the first time in a month.

I wonder if he's hit the wall?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but he also threw some meatballs. He's not ready.
Meh

You may be right, but I will trust BoMel and Price on that call. Take out his last 2 game and he has been pretty nailz. And last night, with Trenton Brooks doing his best Toby Whitewood impression and Manny Gonzalez trying to outdo Enrico Pallazzo, I 100% forgive that outing. He recorded 4 outs before the damage was done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reading this am that Hicks' velocity was down significantly but he gutted out 5 innings for the first time in a month.

We all expected it.

I dont care if the team can’t afford to IL him or move him to the pen for a while, It is worse to over work him and ruin his arm.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have 5 wins when trailing by multiple runs in the 8th inning or later since May 22, only 1 other team has multiple such wins in that span: the Royals, with 2

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all expected it.

I dont care if the team can’t afford to IL him or move him to the pen for a while, It is worse to over work him and ruin his arm.
Quite frankly, I didn't expect him to go this long without hitting the wall or going on the IL. I think the experiment has been a great success and hope the Giants don't get overconfident with it and break his arm.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should go…. surprised tix are that low given the hype

You should go. I’ll send you money if you need it. Once in a lifetime experience.

That is absurd
I do agree that the price is absurd, its not like the stadium is state of the art with a bunch of cool amenities. After all, a AA team stopped using it 11 years ago. But MLB knows an opportunity when they see one and are going to price accordingly. Unfortunately, its going to price out a lot of the locals. I assume a lot of Cardinals' fans will travel out (by the way, I'm learning that, in our new neck of the woods, most people are Braves' fans, even though Saint Louis is the same distance from where we are as Atlanta) and probably not a small number of Giants' fans from the Bay Area as well as anyone who wants to be seen at such an event.
My big problem, though, isn't the cost, its the fact that I didn't catch that the game was on June 20th until June 10th. I cannot get time off from work that quickly. Now, if they held the game on Juneteenth, I'd have no such problem.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that the price is absurd, its not like the stadium is state of the art with a bunch of cool amenities. After all, a AA team stopped using it 11 years ago. But MLB knows an opportunity when they see one and are going to price accordingly. Unfortunately, its going to price out a lot of the locals. I assume a lot of Cardinals' fans will travel out (by the way, I'm learning that, in our new neck of the woods, most people are Braves' fans, even though Saint Louis is the same distance from where we are as Atlanta) and probably not a small number of Giants' fans from the Bay Area as well as anyone who wants to be seen at such an event.
My big problem, though, isn't the cost, its the fact that I didn't catch that the game was on June 20th until June 10th. I cannot get time off from work that quickly. Now, if they held the game on Juneteenth, I'd have no such problem.
I guess they are honoring Willie Mays but he isn't even going to show.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, I didn't expect him to go this long without hitting the wall or going on the IL. I think the experiment has been a great success and hope the Giants don't get overconfident with it and break his arm.
It's not just his arm. Velo is down and he starts trying to make pitches he shouldn't. He appears to be a high confidence guy and you don't want to put him in a situation where confidence can erode

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just his arm. Velo is down and he starts trying to make pitches he shouldn't. He appears to be a high confidence guy and you don't want to put him in a situation where confidence can erode
Exactly. This team is not good enough to push him right now where you are endangering his long term efficacy. IL him now, then put him on a pitch/inning limit or put him in the pen so he only starts every 2nd or 3rd turn. He is a stud, but he doesn’t have the endurance right now to be a MLB starter.

Again, we expected this, so none of this is a criticism of him. He has WAY exceeded expectations so far.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. This team is not good enough to push him right now where you are endangering his long term efficacy. IL him now, then put him on a pitch/inning limit or put him in the pen so he only starts every 2nd or 3rd turn. He is a stud, but he doesn’t have the endurance right now to be a MLB starter.

Again, we expected this, so none of this is a criticism of him. He has WAY exceeded expectations so far.
Unfortunately, with Snell, Cobb, Ray and Harrison all in different stages of injury, Black not doing well in the big leagues and the rest of the AAA rotation not looking good, I expect the Giants' brass to ride Hicks' arm until he says "uncle".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, with Snell, Cobb, Ray and Harrison all in different stages of injury, Black not doing well in the big leagues and the rest of the AAA rotation not looking good, I expect the Giants' brass to ride Hicks' arm until he says "uncle".
Be a great time to get a hot streak at the plate. One of those contagious ones where no one can miss. Take a lot of pressure off the mound. Statistically we're way overdue

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is likely what WILL happen. Because this front office / ownership never wants to appear like they are punting. But riding Hicks’ arm is not a smart move, imho.