• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #5 UTAH vs #13 oregon, Pac 12 championship game, 5 PM PST, ABC

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with expanding playoffs (another discussion), bit disagree about the negativity towards Clemson

With regards to Clemson...if you want to be the champ, you have to beat the champ...so if they win tomorrow anybody that believes they don't belong needs to get that lobotomy re-done.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Also beat the shit out of a team that was being talked about going to the playoffs.

Never thought I'd be the only person who would suggest a Pac12 team.

Oklahoma will probably beat Baylor, and it could get ugly if Oklahoma plays well.

At the same time, Oklahoma might not be able to come back again...........

College football is a great game and we'll see how it plays out.
Utah were frauds though.

I said before the season started the Pac didn't have a legit team worthy of the playoffs and wasn't wrong. Oregon is going to get undressed (again) in the rose and the pac in general will lose more than they win in bowl games (again).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with expanding playoffs (another discussion), bit disagree about the negativity towards Clemson
Not so much negativity about Clemson. As much as the system. When we see any team making the play offs under a watered down schedule. While others are playing top tier games. Including high ranked head to head matchups that directly cause losses. There’s major problems with the system.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah were frauds though.

I said before the season started the Pac didn't have a legit team worthy of the playoffs and wasn't wrong. Oregon is going to get undressed (again) in the rose and the pac in general will lose more than they win in bowl games (again).
This will be Oregon’s 4th Rose Bowl since 2010 and won the last two. If the defense plays like they did tonight Im confident it will be 3 in a row. If they play like they did against ASU then ya will be another PAC loss in the RB

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon causes some minor chaos with the upset...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story.

All I'm saying is that if Utah was going to be in the talk for the playoff, Oregon should.

I know they won't. Probably shouldn't, but at the same time.....they beat the shit out of the Pac 12's best chance.

IF Utah was being considered for the playoff, Oregon should be in that conversation. Nothing more, nothing less.
Too much value is placed on record.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your attempt at being clever about Arkansas over Auburn is the same reason UNC made up fake classes for athletes.

Utah was in the discussion for the same reason. If Baylor wins don't whine that it's Ohio St., Louisiana State, Clemson, and Georgia.

All I'm saying is that Oregon should now be considered.

Eh...if Georgia loses then it likely goes to Baylor imo in that scenario

If Georgia wins then yes I see LSU being there instead

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he's a senior? I'd say yeah.

Dude lost a lot of money coming back this year too.
According to some NFL scouts Herbert will be a high draft pick.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all I've said is that Oregon should be in the talk for the playoffs, and you wanted to argue for the sake of arguing?

I don’t want to argue. I was explaining. You wanted to argue when you brought up the non sense about UNC creating fake classes for students. I agree that Oregon is good, but it doesn’t matter because they’re not getting in

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could also say if Clemson beats Virginia. Virginia should drop out of the rankings. Meaning Clemson would have not played any teams currently ranked. So why reward a team with a paper thin schedule. And punish a team that scheduled Auburn OOC. Who also has raked conference wins ie Oregon?

Unfortunately there is still too much human element in this format. This is why they need to expand the play offs to at least 6. And use a selection process that doesn’t rely so much on opinion and the human element.

You would reward Clemson because they demolished at least ten opponents. They gave up more than 14 points once all year and scored 38+ all but twice. They performed how a top team should’ve performed against weaker competition. A lot of teams can’t say that. Clemson scheduled Texas A&M and South Carolina out of conference. Clemson shouldn’t be punished because their opponents had down years, just like they shouldn’t be rewarded because they scheduled really well when the schedules were put together.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah stumbles at every single opportunity they ever get to be great instead of just good

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would reward Clemson because they demolished at least ten opponents. They gave up more than 14 points once all year and scored 38+ all but twice. They performed how a top team should’ve performed against weaker competition. A lot of teams can’t say that. Clemson scheduled Texas A&M and South Carolina out of conference. Clemson shouldn’t be punished because their opponents had down years, just like they shouldn’t be rewarded because they scheduled really well when the schedules were put together.
You’re right it didn’t matter that UCF didn’t play anyone. And this is why UCF has a national championship in 2017....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah cuz WSU was actually going to do something... Utah is miles better. Don’t feel embarrassed. Recognize your status

Yeah except this is the first year they have beaten us. They were an overrated team that lucked out we did our annual of not showing up like we did with you guys a few years.