• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that's what they're doing, just making a point at how terrible that could be. In a scrum, you could push a guy to the ice, his head snaps back and hits the ice, and he could be out for a year. Does that equate to a suspension? I just think that we're all being super sensitive to every single hit. If Malkin were to get any time, consistency says that Rinaldo and Kubina should get just as much, or more in Rinaldo's case.

That said, the refs need to find a happy medium...I understand that they wanted complete control last night, but what started with terribly ticky-tack calls to get the Pens on the endless 5 on 3 became "LETS CALL EVERRRRYYYYTHHHHING" from there on out. I'm 100% fine with all the 10 minute misconducts (although if it had been a close game I'd be a bit more upset with Cooke being tossed for holding a guy's stick and taking a pair of fists to the face), because that controlled the game and got the hot heads off the ice. But I don't think that calling every little interference penalty equates to controlling the game.

If the game was close none of those 10 minute misconducts would have occurred and if the game was close none of that would have happened. Both teams would have been focused on winning.

Yeah I agree the refs were way to ticky tack last night both ways and I agree 100% that calling all the little stuff is not control hence the end of the period penalty on Carle or even the Kunitz penalty.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahha, nothing cracked me up like listening to Doc and Pierre say at the end "And it's impressive the Pens are doing this without Adams and Neal....OH! And Paul Martin! Impressive!"
WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON?! Is the weather nice?

I laughed when I heard that also! Just because he logs a lot of minutes doesn't mean he was playing good, did McGuire even remember the scores of the games he was playing in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Paul Martin never dresses for another game, the Penguins may never lose again! :thumb:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when I heard that also! Just because he logs a lot of minutes doesn't mean he was playing good, did McGuire even remember the scores of the games he was playing in.

If Paul Martin never dresses for another game, the Penguins may never lose again! :thumb:

I feel so bad for Paul Mart. I hope he doesn't slit his wrists, or do anything else rash. :heh:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Isaac ‏ @davegisaac Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Rinaldo says he didn't get a call yet and doesn't expect any suspension.

Well, all right then...no way anyone else gets fine/suspended then. I'm only okay with this because if he plays he'll do something stupid. But seriously, that was fairly close to what Asham did.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel so bad for Paul Mart. I hope he doesn't slit his wrists, or do anything else rash. :heh:

What happened to his skating, though? Seriously, when we first got him, he was such a good skater, and then all of a sudden, he couldn't do it anymore.

He was able to compensate for being weak on the puck by outskating guys. Now he's being exposed as weak on the puck because he can't do it anymore.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit the nail on the head

It's the only hope Pittsburgh has in this series. Fleury needs his mojo, or it will be over, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

As for Fleury being a good goalie, that's exactly what i think he is. Good. Not to be confused with great, spectacular or anything else. When he's on, Fleury is tough to beat.

Yep to both. But I am still concerned about Fleury he seems to be still off. Still out of position and trying to over compensate for the bad five hole he has shown so far.

As for the series they should let both goalies in the game and use pond hockey nets: http://www.nicerink.com/store/images/D/Pond Hockey Goal 008 Web.jpg

maybe scoring will go down a little?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Isaac ‏ @davegisaac Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Rinaldo says he didn't get a call yet and doesn't expect any suspension.

Well, all right then...no way anyone else gets fine/suspended then. I'm only okay with this because if he plays he'll do something stupid. But seriously, that was fairly close to what Asham did.

i'll just strongly disagree w/ you and leave it at that :tsk:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to his skating, though? Seriously, when we first got him, he was such a good skater, and then all of a sudden, he couldn't do it anymore.

He was able to compensate for being weak on the puck by outskating guys. Now he's being exposed as weak on the puck because he can't do it anymore.

I think he is a round plug trying to fit into a square hole. Martin doesn't have the ability to play the style that Bylsma's aggressive gameplan asks for.

Martin has an excellent poke check. He's really good at threading his stick through any puck handler, and poking the puck off his blade. He's also a very good skater, but he has no physical ability. And when teams' want to make him look average, all they have to do is take away his time and space, and he folds up like an accordion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True it would still be 10-9 final score.

i wonder if the NHL would make a special case and allow the teams to play with two goalies

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if the NHL would make a special case and allow the teams to play with two goalies

LOL..The way Johnson and Bobrovsky played in their places the score would be then 20 -18 with two goalies on each team. Up high and low would both be exposed then.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..The way Johnson and Bobrovsky played in their places the score would be then 20 -18 with two goalies on each team. Up high and low would both be exposed then.

but what if we play one in front of the other and just leave bob in the butterfly :-)L @ me for thinking he's ever not in the butterfly)? bryz is similarly as holey as fleury, i bet bob could see around him

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Malkin hit is fine territory at most...and I'd be okay (avoided temptation to say fine there...) with that if the NHLPA actually allowed real fines. I don't think it's a suspendable hit. The NHL can't do this suspension based on injury crap...talk about a slippery slope. Also, if there was another hit on a forecheck that may have jarred him, you can't say what caused the concussion. Once again: you can NOT suspend based on injury. If Hossa and Grossman end up being out the same amount of time, should both players be out the same amount of time? Come on.

Maybe I should read on, but Shanny has explained that injury is a factor. Its all getting out of hand.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RedLight.gif

HelpWanted.jpg

:D

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you a prophet?

Jim Lang ‏ @JimLang590
RT @JeffSkversky: Sergei Bobrovsky + Michael Leighton are practicing right now. Ilya Bryzgalov left practice after about 10 minutes :>Wow!