• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal "left his feet to brace himself for a hit" according to Shanahan. Physics disagrees with that idea.....but whatever....

Shanahan just made himself look like a bigger douche for his explanation on Cooter hit. Neal left his fucking feet for crying out loud. How can you not see that Shanahan? This league is a joke and it will continue to be so until the assholes from Bettman all the way down get removed. Probably won't happen. Shanahan messed this up and no way in hell was this accidental, don't kid yourself. This is not directed towards you forty-six, it's more or less for our friend who is siding on Shsnahan's decision. Hopefully the Flyers will finish off business tomorrow and we can put this to bed.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F2m5s.png

So Neal did turn into the play. You can see him start to in picture #2. However far before that he is still looking at the same area. Couturier and Malkin in the region. The puck moves back. I fail to understand why Neal thinks he is going to be able to turn into that play, if the case is that he just turn into him on accident.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Neal did turn into the play. You can see him start to in picture #2. However far before that he is still looking at the same area. Couturier and Malkin in the region. The puck moves back. I fail to understand why Neal thinks he is going to be able to turn into that play, if the case is that he just turn into him on accident.

Dude, nice job. Did you grab the pics yourself?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F2m5s.png

Because he has to.

The team needed offense, the puck was in the offensive zone, he needed to get to it.

And by those pictures you can't argue that he's looking directly at Couturier since the puck is almost on the opposite side of him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has to.

The team needed offense, the puck was in the offensive zone, he needed to get to it.

And by those pictures you can't argue that he's looking directly at Couturier since the puck is almost on the opposite side of him.

rationalize
[rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz]  
verb (used with object)
to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.
to remove unreasonable elements from.
to make rational or conformable to reason.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has to.

I will not even try to argue that he is looking at Couturier. However we can easily assume he is looking at the puck, or the general area for that matter. But he has to know a Flyer is right there. He is practically looking through Couturier to see the puck.

So a Flyers is right there with his back to the puck and at that time showing no signs of moving down with the play of the puck. Yet Neal manages to go right into him, knowing a Flyer is not moving.

If it is true though he didnt see him, I actually do believe the jumping to get out of the way. Same with the Miller/Tootoo hit. Tootoo jumped to get out of the way, not to headshot Miller.

*I dont think this hit was violently dirty, but he should have gotten at least one for it. (Especially if the Giroux hit got one)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, you seen the front page of the Philly paper for tomorrow? Didn't realize the NY Post had a Philly office.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just wow. 1 fine, 2 warnings & a pervious suspension earns 1 game on 2 dangerous hits.

I also want to know if asham didn't get Shen in the throat or face how his head shot back at that unnatural speed.

Fucking joke.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
562844820.jpg

Also, they need to invest in someone who knows how to photoshop.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not even try to argue that he is looking at Couturier. However we can easily assume he is looking at the puck, or the general area for that matter. But he has to know a Flyer is right there. He is practically looking through Couturier to see the puck.

So a Flyers is right there with his back to the puck and at that time showing no signs of moving down with the play of the puck. Yet Neal manages to go right into him, knowing a Flyer is not moving.

If it is true though he didnt see him, I actually do believe the jumping to get out of the way. Same with the Miller/Tootoo hit. Tootoo jumped to get out of the way, not to headshot Miller.

*I dont think this hit was violently dirty, but he should have gotten at least one for it. (Especially if the Giroux hit got one)

I thought the Giroux hit was worth 3 or 4. Since it only got one, there is no way to have justified within "consistency" giving him one for the Couturier hit, which can at least be reasonably argued as possibly being accidental.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travis Hughes ‏ @BroadStHockey Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I like the Daily News, and they have the best sports coverage by a daily paper in the area, but that's NY Post level bullshit right there.

^^What he said. I hate when News Papers and these "professionals" sink to this level...and yet they have the nerve to look down on bloggers. Well, congrats, you just became one.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rep for not making Darkstone and I feel completely alone on that point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just wow. 1 fine, 2 warnings & a pervious suspension earns 1 game on 2 dangerous hits.

I also want to know if asham didn't get Shen in the throat or face how his head shot back at that unnatural speed.

Fucking joke.

Shanahan showed on the video that there was no contact above the upper chest. I'm guessing he flinched and pulled his head back when he saw the stick coming up high on him.

I still think the intent was there, and so it should have been a 10+ game suspension.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And rep to both of you. Regardless, I am amped for tomorrow.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably leave the rest of this discussion in the other thread, just so I don't repeat any arguments - although I think I've said about all I will on the subject.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And rep to both of you. Regardless, I am amped for tomorrow.

Not amped at all. :( Probably first playoff game I'll watch without feeling nervous. Also feel there's nothing the Pens can do right now to let me down any worse.

That said, we'll see how I feel come 6pm tomorrow. Will probably already be making party plans for Game 7. (Parade plans can wait.)