• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I'm happy with the suspensions, I could care less if Neal gets only 1, just means we wont see him til next season.

Dacks quit defending hits, it's all perspective and you aren't going to change minds, no biggie just passionate fans on both sides. That's the way it should be.

On a side note though, Were you Pens fans sitting there yelling at the TV when Adams started pulling Harts hair. Come on admit it lol, you were Screaming NOOOOOOO.. :dhd:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I'm happy with the suspensions, I could care less if Neal gets only 1, just means we wont see him til next season.

Dacks quit defending hits, it's all perspective and you aren't going to change minds, no biggie just passionate fans on both sides. That's the way it should be.

On a side note though, Were you Pens fans sitting there yelling at the TV when Adams started pulling Harts hair. Come on admit it lol, you were Screaming NOOOOOOO.. :dhd:

I didn't see it live.

My face was too firmly planted in my palms, which is where it had been for about fifteen minutes of real time. :burt:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not amped at all. :( Probably first playoff game I'll watch without feeling nervous. Also feel there's nothing the Pens can do right now to let me down any worse.

That said, we'll see how I feel come 6pm tomorrow. Will probably already be making party plans for Game 7. (Parade plans can wait.)

Well I am still on my toes a bit. You guys are still a good team, and Bryz is still letting in 4/5 goals. :L

I wouldve never thought in a million year that Mike Richards' Flyers would actually battle back for 4 games. But it happened. Just gotta wait for the final buzzer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just want to win the damned game tomorrow. Then Neal's suspension is absolutely perfect.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Frank Seravalli guy, who I'm sure writes just fine, is getting defensive about the photoshop now...Dejan Kovacevic (PG writer) said in general it was unprofessional and that they got the logo wrong, to which Frank replied that Dejan was a homer. I mean, I'm sure that Philly people will be amused by it, but I certainly wouldn't support the PG putting some ridiculous photoshop of Hartnell in a clown suit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Giroux hit was worth 3 or 4. Since it only got one, there is no way to have justified within "consistency" giving him one for the Couturier hit, which can at least be reasonably argued as possibly being accidental.

You may be a major in physics, but you are majorly lacking in common sense. How on earth would you consider one hit intentional and one accidental when they are by the same man during the same wreckless shift that seemed to be geared entirely towards injuring a key component of the Flyers' success.

Naive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be a major in physics, but you are majorly lacking in common sense. How on earth would you consider one hit intentional and one accidental when they are by the same man during the same wreckless shift that seemed to be geared entirely towards injuring a key component of the Flyers' success.

Naive.

Because it's possible.

And I don't think Neal is so inherently dirty that it would occur to him to dedicate a shift to just hurting people.

I can't see him having a momentary lapse of judgement, though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's possible.

And I don't think Neal is so inherently dirty that it would occur to him to dedicate a shift to just hurting people.

I can't see him having a momentary lapse of judgement, though.

The Pittsburgh Penguins completely lost their composure during this game. Your entire team had a momentary lapse of judgement, not just Neal for one shift. It was the 60 minutes that were played on sunday. When was the last time they had three players suspended for actions having taken place in just one game? This may have been an aberration altogether as it's not anywhere near the norm, but neither is the situation as they are in down 0-3 as Cup favorites. The punishments still have to fit the crimes.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Despite what Crosby will tell you, the Pens completely lost their cool. They made the decision to stop playing hockey to score goals and start playing it to injure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know. I have trouble with it sometimes in real life too.

I was already pretty disappointed in Adams when he started punching Hartnell from behind... then when he pretty much got manhandled by Hartnell... hair-pulling just completed the trifecta.

Although I did lol at his comments afterward "maybe he should get a haircut"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pittsburgh Penguins completely lost their composure during this game. Your entire team had a momentary lapse of judgement, not just Neal for one shift. It was the 60 minutes that were played on sunday. When was the last time they had three players suspended for actions having taken place in just one game? This may have been an aberration altogether as it's not anywhere near the norm, but neither is the situation as they are in down 0-3 as Cup favorites. The punishments still have to fit the crimes.

Within that same argument, Neal was composed for all of games one and two, and for all but that one shift of game three.

I think he should have gotten 3-4 for the hit on Giroux. But I prefer to look at things in a vacuum for first assessment, and as a result, I can understand not suspending him because he argued (and you subsequently believed) that the Couturier hit was accidental. I think it could have been. That doesn't mean I think it was. But as a disciplinarian, if you think the player's assertion could be true, that has to be considered.

In Dacks's new thread, I will be outlining a brief description of a general form by which I would discipline players in Shanahan's position. My arguments on the Neal hit are based in how discipline seems to currently be handled in the NHL, not by the methods I will present in that post.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, Neal should've been given a minor or possibly even a major for charging (leaving his feet while late) on the Couturier hit and we wouldn't even be discussing a hit on Giroux. The fact that he was composed for games one and two mean nothing. He and his team crossed the line for one game and that's all it takes. The Flyers meanwhile showed a lot of restraint in this game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
original.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw that was NOT photoshopped its on the cover

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's finish the son of bitches off tomorrow,and then we can quip over who said Crosby would line up to shake hands,and who said he wouldn't.

word on the street-he'll find an excuse not to

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if I wanted to watch the game tonight, I can't, as I'll still be at work.