• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To act like Sid is an angel is ridiculous .... But to act like he is the only one who does that shit is equally ridicoulous....

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah bllllahhh blah blahhhhh *hate on Sid because clearly he's the only one acting like an idiot* Whatevs people.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Hulk thing:

He's a bitch. The guy has a video at the Pens games all year for Malkin's goals, then BAM "Oh, look, the Flyers have money too!" Of course he's known for turning heel.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are you saying you are cool with the actions of Crosby and his post game dismissals today? He is the leader.

Hey Sid, your team DID lose their cool today YOU lost your cool today. It happens to all of us. Admit it! Own up to it. That's all...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's different with Sid - he's not only wearing the C, he's been anointed the next one. Sometimes you just gotta rise above it all and own up to your mistakes, not make excuses and dodge questions you don't like. It is what it is, it's all words, sticks and stone and let the play on the ice speak for itself.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are you saying you are cool with the actions of Crosby and his post game dismissals today? He is the leader.

Hey Sid, your team DID lose their cool today YOU lost your cool today. It happens to all of us. Admit it! Own up to it. That's all...

I'm saying that no matter what the eff the guy does no one is happy. He's a robot and he gets slammed for never speaking his mind, he makes all the "right" answers and people just say he's a drone whose been schooled from the age of 5 to speak with the media...then he suddenly starts making snide comments and being *this much more* entertaining and people think he's suddenly not taking ownership over something. He knows he lost his cool...he's said quite recently that this team brings out the worst in him. I'm not speaking directly to you when I say all of this by the way, just saying that in general there's no winning with him, and after awhile that gets infuriating. I'm not defending the fact that he acted like a 5 year old today.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
costanzaPopcorn.gif

-----------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, the "You Cant Beat Us" chant was amazing. Like, "one of my best sports experiences" amazing. All the orange. Penalties being sorted out. I felt like the crowd was just sitting on top of the ice.

Amazing??? Your lame ass fans stole it from the Rangers when they swept your asses 6-0. Unfuckingbelievable.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And great, trade Malkin crap is starting. SERIOUSLY?!? CAN WE AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY!?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash, Tox, Bossman et al, you can ban me from this board forever. The Penguins hate is around here is absolutely sickening. The real hypocrites are the cocksuckers around here who act like there is team is full of saints and their tem has never done anything dirty or chippy. So in short Fuck You and suck a giant dick.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes down to it, I couldn't care less about the post-game comments. The only reason they're getting any sort of notice is because they're different for once. Am I peeved that Sid seems to be losing his composure a bit? Yeah...I am. But I'm equally annoyed that he's been dubbed some sort of immature slobbering fool by some because he knocked someone's glove away.

RT @globehockey Sidney's sin bin Sidney’s sin bin - The Globe and Mail

Seriously? What the heck?

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your move, Dacks.

:pop2:

Had to take a Game of Thrones break.

Honest opinion? I keep hearing jokes about how Pens fans started watching hockey in 2005, but I have to ask it about some of the posters here.

This league has a brutal history of dirty play. It has a history of headshots - some players made a hall of fame career out of it. It has a history of elbows - Messier and Pronger come to mind. It has a history of players intentionally injuring each other - Bobby Clarke, Dale Hunter, Bertuzzi, Claude Lemieux, Ulf - the list goes on and on.

I don't like that shit. It's bullshit. It was bullshit when Gillies jumped Tangradi, it was bullshit when Carkner pummelled Boyle, and it was bullshit when Adams started hitting Hartnell from behind. Asham's crosscheck doesn't belong in the game. But neither did Weber's faceslam. This shit happens every fucking year, and practically every fucking game.

I'm willing to give the Flyers fans a pass here. They're jammed up. If Schenn, Giroux or Hartnell had gotten hurt on any of those plays, I'd be fucking furious. At the same time, it's gotten a bit rich. Mike Richards was an agitator, you don't think he gave an extra whack on a goalie once or twice? You don't think Hartnell has run a goalie? FFS. You don't think they had a certain type of player in mind when they signed Pronger? Or employed Derian Hatcher?

Seriously, when did we all start watching hockey?

The Flyers have changed. They got rid of some players, and they've played like pretty cleanly. Seriously, if I didn't hate the organization to the core, I might to start actually like them. On the flipside, the Pens have had some eyesores this year. But Eddie Shack hit it on the head - you can't accuse Mario of hiring goons this year. The one guy with a history - Cooke - has been a damned angel. Is Mario supposed to predict when Adams or Asham - too guys with very little history - are going to go off? Does he have a magic fucking leash?

And Crosby? Yeah, he can be punk. Big fucking deal. He gave an extra whack or slash, let's all have a hissy fit. Now we expect him to throw his teammates under the bus after the game. They probably deserve it, but show me another captain in the league who's ever done that. Find me a quote where Yzerman or Sakic says "You know, that guy, he's my buddy, but he really lost it today and I hope he's suspended and then traded away."

Anyway, I guess it's a good time to pile on the Pens. Flyers are killing them. They've been thoroughly embarrassed. I can handle the hate and mockery, Pens have it coming.

But this attitude that Crosby, Mario, Byslma or the Pens are entering some new territory of scuminess the likes of which this league has never seen! Like I said, it's fucking rich.

TLDR - rant over.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Sunday Sports Showdown, a local sports writers round table . They want Bylsma fired and Geno traded. As a Pens fan, I can't stand to watch them choke like this and can't say I disagree. Saddens me to say it but something drastic may need to be done. Especially if this thing ends likes it looks like it probably will.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But see, this is the issue today, not what happened before. Also, a bit of an exaggeration there Dacks, on the Crosby comments. Nobody is asking him to throw his guys under the bus. Say you lost your cool a but because it's the playoffs and you are frustrated.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Sunday Sports Showdown, a local sports writers round table . They want Bylsma fired and Geno traded. As a Pens fan, I can't stand to watch them choke like this and can't say I disagree. Saddens me to say it but something drastic may need to be done. Especially if this thing ends likes it looks like it probably will.

Can't agree with Geno traded. But this Pens team has gotten progressively worse in terms of playoff performances under Bylsma.

I keep Byslma for another season, and try desperately to deal away some dead weight from the defense. Martin for sure, however possible, and Orpik too if we can get a return for him. Let Despres play next year, and pick up a solid, stay-at-home D in the off-season. No reason to change anything up front.

Also, need to invest a bit more in a back-up next year. Fleury just does not have my confidence after these last few playoff rounds.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the trade Malkin stuff is going on.

The guy had an amazing year, capturing a second Art Ross and is easily the favorite for the Hart. But he has three bad games and people want him gone already.

But let's be honest, which Pens haven't had three bad games? Not sure why they pick him out to pin it on when the team as a whole has been bad for most of the series.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think if they get swept something big will happen...but it needs to happen to our defense. Paul Martin NEEDS, absolutely freaking NEEDS, to go. It didn't work, find a way to remove the albatross. Now. About Blysma...his system works, but I do question his ability to adjust on the fly. There's no way he's fired this year...it'd take a nasty stretch next year, fully healthy, and going no where again in the postseason. RE: Malkin trade. There is some validity to the suggestion, seeing as it would get a gigantic unfathomable return and make some space for salary...however, he was the best player in the NHL this year. You don't simply move that. I do think the "core" has a very limited time left together though. However, right now the problem is mental. We have a good defense, they're just playing the worst hockey of their careers all at the same time. I expect to see about 2 new everyday Dmen next season.