• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux and Wayne Simmonds also scored to help the Flyers take a 3-0 lead in the combustible best-of-seven series. Game 4 is Wednesday night in Philadelphia. The Flyers scored 30 goals in the first three games.

So what fucking moron at ESPN proofreads their stories?

Headline: "Giroux Feeling Froggy".

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_m2jlinkC3E1qcj1hao1_400.jpg

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put simply, the Pens embarrassed themselves with their play and showed some of their true character with their antics, whining, and cheap/dirty play. Several of their players should be suspended. Lemieux should be embarrassed, is a hypocrite, and is accountable for what this team did and who they are.

I was one of the people actually defending Crosby a few weeks ago. Man was I wrong. He acted like a classless bitch today.

Changes need to happen in this organization. Fucking embarrassing for themselves and hockey.

Oh get a fucking grip. Look around. Shea Weber wrestlemania, Hagland cheapshot on Alfie, Carkner mugging, whoever attacked Dominic Moore, another cheapshot elbow by I can't remember who. That's in the last two fucking days. Man, what would Torts have said about Grossman's knee on Neal today? Same fucking play.

Not to mention the history this league has. Every team has embarrassments, if you want to dig. Bobby Clarke breaking Karlamov's ankle is up there. Bertuzzi. Countless others. Dale Hunter ain't no saint, but I still see you cheering for your team, you gutless hypocrite.

Weren't you the one who wished Crosby never played hockey again so it would help your team's chances? Asshole.

Pens were an embarrassment today. Asham & Adams. Maybe Neal, if I get another look at those hits. And we've had ugly spots in our history too.

But to pretend like the Pens somehow introduced this type of hockey is laying it on PRETTY FUCKING THICK.

Detroit excepted - if organizations could win a Lady Byng you'd have about twenty straight.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up Pix, the dude is a broken record.

sbb please.

Yes I think Mario is a joke as a owner but his actions speak louder than words. He complains about headshots and rough play yet employs a couple of the worst offenders.

It is simple. Wanna make these kind of claims then dont have those players on your team. Cooke has indeed cleaned up his game and is a pretty good player because of it. Asham on the other hand is nothing but I cheap shot.

Anyways the Pens are done as they should be. The team is a mess.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh get a fucking grip. Look around. Shea Weber wrestlemania, Hagland cheapshot on Alfie, Carkner mugging, whoever attacked Dominic Moore, another cheapshot elbow by I can't remember who. That's in the last two fucking days. Man, what would Torts have said about Grossman's knee on Neal today? Same fucking play.

Not to mention the history this league has. Every team has embarrassments, if you want to dig. Bobby Clarke breaking Karlamov's ankle is up there. Bertuzzi. Countless others. Dale Hunter ain't no saint, but I still see you cheering for your team, you gutless hypocrite.

Weren't you the one who wished Crosby never played hockey again so it would help your team's chances? Asshole.

Pens were an embarrassment today. Asham & Adams. Maybe Neal, if I get another look at those hits. And we've had ugly spots in our history too.

But to pretend like the Pens somehow introduced this type of hockey is laying it on PRETTY FUCKING THICK.

Detroit excepted - if organizations could win a Lady Byng you'd have about twenty straight.

The actions of your captain were pretty gutless and embarrassing today as well. He chirped all game, slashed Bryz when he had the puck covered, slapped Voracek's glove away like a 5 year old, started shit with Timmonen that he didn't finish, started shit with Hartnell that he didn't finish, and then acted like his team did nothing wrong and he was an angel in the post game interview.

I mean, you can be a Sid apologist, or you can open your eyes and call him to task for what happened today as well. he IS the leader of the team.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The actions of your captain were pretty gutless and embarrassing today as well. He chirped all game, slashed Bryz when he had the puck covered, slapped Voracek's glove away like a 5 year old, started shit with Timmonen that he didn't finish, started shit with Hartnell that he didn't finish, and then acted like his team did nothing wrong and he was an angel in the post game interview.

I mean, you can be a Sid apologist, or you can open your eyes and call him to task for what happened today as well. he IS the leader of the team.

Rep. So true.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
costanzaPopcorn.gif

-----------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, the "You Cant Beat Us" chant was amazing. Like, "one of my best sports experiences" amazing. All the orange. Penalties being sorted out. I felt like the crowd was just sitting on top of the ice.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sbb please.

Yes I think Mario is a joke as a owner but his actions speak louder than words. He complains about headshots and rough play yet employs a couple of the worst offenders.

It is simple. Wanna make these kind of claims then dont have those players on your team. Cooke has indeed cleaned up his game and is a pretty good player because of it. Asham on the other hand is nothing but I cheap shot.

Anyways the Pens are done as they should be. The team is a mess.

Every player in the league has done some dirty work at some point. Cooke cleaned up his act, Asham an Adams have zero suspension history, Neal was suspended once in '09 but is overall a clean player. Mario's not a hypocrite until he tries to justify what happened today or defend it. Otherwise, it's not like he's got an entire team full of Cookes, Rinaldos, and Prongers. The team lost control today and should be disciplined. But unless Mario comes out and says "Gee, it wasn't bad, Neal just slipped and Asham had a muscle spasm, and the Flyers started it, and these suspensions are bullshit, suck my balls Gary, someone get me some poutine", he's not a "hypocrite".

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to pin this on Mario, but I am interested in his response. He should make a comment on it.

I am disappointed in the captain denying that his team "lost their composure" today. Well Sid, if they didn't lose their composure, they are one dirty ass garbage team, so issues are deeper. Don't lie to us. Don't insult us by thinking we are idiots. Be fucking honest. You are the leader. Say that the team lost it's cool, that YOU lost your cool, it happens, no big deal, but don't fucking lie to our faces.

Admit that shit, we all have bad days. Act human for once and not just a coached politican ass glad hand for the league. Show some humility and emotion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad the media actually called the pens on it today. Even if it was just milbury and jonesy

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to pin this on Mario, but I am interested in his response. He should make a comment on it.

I am disappointed in the captain denying that his team "lost their composure" today. Well Sid, if they didn't lose their composure, they are one dirty ass garbage team, so issues are deeper. Don't lie to us. Don't insult us by thinking we are idiots. Be fucking honest. You are the leader. Say that the team lost it's cool, that YOU lost your cool, it happens, no big deal, but don't fucking lie to our faces.

Admit that shit, we all have bad days. Act human for once and not just a coached politican ass glad hand for the league. Show some humility and emotion.

He said that? They went freaking nuts, Sid, wake up.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Crosby's "I dont like him" reaction.

"Why dont you like 'em?"

"Cuz I dont like 'em."

Last edited by a moderator: