• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Asham gets a couple for sure.

Neal gets $2500 fine, Adams gets nothing.

My prediction.

there's no way. you clearly haven't seen the replay of his hit on giroux. he should get at least 10 for that one and then we can argue about the hit on couturier

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL will have to make a decision in terms of what kind of league it wants to be at some point. As long as they allow post-whistle scrums, this kind of shit will continue. Pens have been on both sides. I hate it when other teams do it to the Pens, and I'm embarrased when the Pens do it to other teams.

But it ups the intensity. Obviously. So much hate, it's palpable. The NHL doesn't want to lose that, so they let the extra shit continue.

Seriously, in what other sport does that fly? Not any of the other majors, not rugby, etc... you get ejected and you get suspended for throwing punches.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow james neal, you son of a bitch. the hit on giroux was 392570371508745017x worse than the hit on couturier.

what a fuckin joke holy shit i wanna shoot him in the face. what the fuck was that shit.. fucking charging and then going straight for giroux's head. kick him out of the fuckin league what a fuckin joke.

Devils beat writer just tweeted Lemieux will be sending a letter to the league about goonery calling him A hypocrite on his statement on the isles game.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Ash and Neal should get -- at the very least -- one game apiece.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow james neal, you son of a bitch. the hit on giroux was 392570371508745017x worse than the hit on couturier.

what a fuckin joke holy shit i wanna shoot him in the face. what the fuck was that shit.. fucking charging and then going straight for giroux's head. kick him out of the fuckin league what a fuckin joke.

edit: just saw the replay. can you tell?

Got a link? I only saw it once before all hell broke loose.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL will have to make a decision in terms of what kind of league it wants to be at some point. As long as they allow post-whistle scrums, this kind of shit will continue. Pens have been on both sides. I hate it when other teams do it to the Pens, and I'm embarrased when the Pens do it to other teams.

But it ups the intensity. Obviously. So much hate, it's palpable. The NHL doesn't want to lose that, so they let the extra shit continue.

Seriously, in what other sport does that fly? Not any of the other majors, not rugby, etc... you get ejected and you get suspended for throwing punches.

Profesional LaCrosse

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way. you clearly haven't seen the replay of his hit on giroux. he should get at least 10 for that one and then we can argue about the hit on couturier

He left his feet for the hit on Coots. That should be an automatic suspension.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say that's what he should get, just what I think he will.

Neal is a 40 goal scorer. Shanny will go easy as a result I'm guessing.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda on the fence here, but hey, it was against the Flyers so "hockey play" :thumb:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pens organization showed it's true colors today. The thing that pissed me off the most were the post-goal scrums. Total lack of respect and class.

Hope we sweep it out to make this series that much better.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that's what he should get, just what I think he will.

Neal is a 40 goal scorer. Shanny will go easy as a result I'm guessing.

i hear what you're saying, but there's just no way.. it was renee borque on nick backstrom except with a charge instead of gliding at him.. he intended to take giroux's head off form the blueline (giroux was down by the goal-line).. and right after the hit on couturier that is probably suspendable in its own right (leaving the feet).. there's no way neal plays the next game.. there's just no way

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat writers saying giroux, schenn, and couturier all seemed fine after the game.. thank the heavens.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puh-lease don't bring Mario into this. I'm sure he's just thrillllled with the way the series has gone. The team made HIM look like a fool today...that won't fly. If I were him I'd stampede into the lockerroom and flip tables.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat writers saying giroux, schenn, and couturier all seemed fine after the game.. thank the heavens.

Good. Hopefully there's only one game left against this classless franchise.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear what you're saying, but there's just no way.. it was renee borque on nick backstrom except with a charge instead of gliding at him.. he intended to take giroux's head off form the blueline (giroux was down by the goal-line).. and right after the hit on couturier that is probably suspendable in its own right (leaving the feet).. there's no way neal plays the next game.. there's just no way

I don't think Neal has ever been suspended, and neither player seemed seriously hurt, which I am sure he will factor in.