• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left his feet hitting Couturier. That, if I'm not mistaken, is usually an automatic suspension.

I still think that play was accidental. And I've been pretty hard on the Pens today. Just seemed like he change directions on the turnover and ended up running straight into him. I know the jumping looks bad, but players do that when trying to get around people - look at his goal earlier for an example.

Probably need a replay, but that was my impression at the time. Hit on Giroux looked way more intentional.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I doubt anyone gets suspended. If Weber and Carkner didn't get a game, I don't know what you'd have to do....

Did Carkner not get a game? That's insanity.

EDIT: Doesn't look like a decision has been made yet.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of love that Sid speaks his mind now...only took 6 years and a couple hits to the head, but someone hit the "reset" switch on the robot. Said he hated the Flyers, and Vorachek in particular. I just find it funny.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The asham cross check to the throat might get a few games

I think he'd be fine if he hadn't punched Schenn on the ice...his point of contact with the crosscheck was the chest, and it migrated up when Schenn's head went back. Regardless it deserves something.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of love that Sid speaks his mind now...only took 6 years and a couple hits to the head, but someone hit the "reset" switch on the robot. Said he hated the Flyers, and Vorachek in particular. I just find it funny.

Human after all. Although I don't like letting them know that they're under his skin.

But really, could things get any worse? - said the same thing after Games 1 and 2.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best games I have attended. It is a shame that not only could the Pens not keep it interesting, but try their best to derail the game. Oh well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that play was accidental. And I've been pretty hard on the Pens today. Just seemed like he change directions on the turnover and ended up running straight into him. I know the jumping looks bad, but players do that when trying to get around people - look at his goal earlier for an example.

Probably need a replay, but that was my impression at the time. Hit on Giroux looked way more intentional.

i strongly disagree about the first hit, but that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.. i mean just think about who you'd hit if you were neal.. couturier has been up your line's ass all series rendering them mostly useless.. and if you had any doubt that neal is 'too good of a guy' to do something like that, in the same shift he tries to take giroux's head off..

if for no other reason than to prevent another game like today, the NHL has to suspend neal.. i mean just look what happened when the refs botched the situation and made him skate across the ice instead of go to the dressing room.. 3 more fights and another questionable act (adams hair pulling)

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Lol how does one hate Voracek?? Sid needs to get his priorities in order if he is worried about guys like Jakub.

Sid embarrassed himself today. Hell of a hockey player, but he loses a lot of respect in my book. (Coming from a crosby fan)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, the freaking irony in all the shit that was said leading up to the playoffs about this team makes my stomach turn.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i like when players do that too.. one thing i do wonder though is why he hates voracek so much.. what did he do?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right in that this reflects TERRIBLY on him, but it doesn't make him a hypocrite...because he's not the coach or the player going out there and doing it. I think there'll be a change though in the mentality of the team coming up...because something is WAY wrong right now. The D will be shaken up this summer, no doubt.

the letter he wrote to the league and the fact that what his team does is a huge reflection on him is why several sources around the league are calling him a hypocrite.If I were Mario I would be issueing an apology for the pens play today.It goes both ways if you want to complain about it in the medias eye you can issue a statement of apology the pens are guilty of what he adamantly complained about adamantly when he was on the other end

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, the freaking irony in all the shit that was said leading up to the playoffs about this team makes my stomach turn.

I saw issues with the D for a while. I was at the loss to the Sens after all. But I never thought it'd get this bad.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol how does one hate Voracek?? Sid needs to get his priorities in order if he is worried about guys like Jakub.

Sid embarrassed himself today. Hell of a hockey player, but he loses a lot of respect in my book. (Coming from a crosby fan)

I dunno...probably mentioned his Mom or something. I was pissed with him today because he fought. Are you insane? ARE YOU INSANE?! I don't want your hands or head hurt you bastard, contain yourself.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what puts this stuff with neal on an even bigger pedestal is the fact that it will get so much exposure, and the league warned these two teams in particular that this kind of shit wouldn't be tolerated (hollow words when you look at the weber thing, but still)

i'm already getting worked up over neal's lack of suspension and they haven't even had time to digest it yet :L

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the letter he wrote to the league and the fact that what his team does is a huge reflection on him is why several sources around the league are calling him a hypocrite.If I were Mario I would be issueing an apology for the pens play today.It goes both ways if you want to complain about it in the medias eye you can issue a statement of apology the pens are guilty of what he adamantly complained about adamantly when he was on the other end

At the same time, you can't just throw your players under the bus. The appropriate thing to say would be something simple like

"I do not condone the behaviour on ice today, and support any disciplinarian decisions enforced by the league."

If he defended his players, he'd be a hypocrite. But expecting him to suspend his own players is a bit insane.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw issues with the D for a while. I was at the loss to the Sens after all. But I never thought it'd get this bad.

What I don't understand is this: the team that made the playoffs last year with all those injuries, the one who let up 22 goals in a 7 game series last year without some of their big players, has played like this. It's astounding. How does that happen?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also can't cut guys for one incident, because then you've got cap issues.

Asham won't be back next year. Adams will be. This is out of character for Adams and he's a valuable penalty killer.

Neal will obviously be back next year, but I imagine Danny B is going to tell him to reel it in.