• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, the league has nobody to blame but themselves for this fiasco. Weber should have been suspended, instead he gets a paltry $2500 fine, and it sends the message that head shots won't be punished. Nicely done Shanahan.

The refs in today's game didn't help much, either. Especially with handling the Neal incident.

Not only not kicking him out (whether or not he deserved it, I need another look), but sending him across the ice to the box unattended? That was just utterly foolish.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm No. If there was no fighting, even if one of the guys got tossed, do you still think a cheapshot wouldn't happen, that's what fighting eliminates. If these guys couldn't fight I guarentee Crosby or Neal would have got Cosschecked across the face..

that is why you eject players and fine them,do you really think this would be going on if they were ejected and fined 10k each time they did it with repeat offenders fines increasing by 5k after each offence,,,it wouldn't take long for these guys to realize that this is expensive

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This message is hidden because HFBOARDSdotCOM is on your ignore list.

So nice

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is why you eject players and fine them,do you really think this would be going on if they were ejected and fined 10k each time they did it with repeat offenders fines increasing by 5k after each offence,,,it wouldn't take long for these guys to realize that this is expensive

I hear the argument, but trying telling that to a NHL player - sure, they get paid better than most of their fans,- but they don't just play for the green - the passion and pride will take over, and no amount of fine will get rid of that. They only way to reach somebody is with a significant suspension, not a fine.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with this. Cheap stuff will stop happening if you don't let them play after they do it.

That means immediate ejection for any dangerous hit, be it a boarding, and headshot, and knee-on-knee. Five-minute major penalty. Automatic minimum 5 game suspension without pay and $10K fine on top of it for first offenders, and just steepen it after that.

Three offenses should be 82 games plus a $500K fine. For a lot of guys who do this kind of stuff, that's basically two years of unemployment.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the fact that your players were targeting some of our better players for cheap shit, We just figure it's all fair in love and War.. The constant BS jumping players from behind and throwing punches when players are tied up already is disgusting, My philosophy is do it to their best, plain and simple..

OK - just checking. Don't condone it, but I get.

Speaking of best, Didn't you used to have some player named Malkin on your team?

Yeah, but it's not really offense that's killing us, is it? If you told me we were averaging 4 goals for a game, I'd assume we were up in the series. Didn't expect you guys to put up TWENTY.

That goal to open the third was the worst defense I've ever seen. Essentially 2 on 5, and not one of 4 guys takes Giroux. Insane.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more positive news, the Pirates are suddenly up 4-1. Back-to-back beautiful squeeze plays. Absolutely perfect bunts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs blew it there. They let it get out of control by blowing the call on Neal's first hit.

they blew it way earlier by leaving crosby in the game after he slashed bryz and then smacked voracek's glove out of the way.. crosby started all of this trash, he's just smart enough to do things that dont put people in harms way (neal, asham)..

horrific officiating job today.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like you are the reason HFboards dwarf these boards. They dont act like a bunch of whiney elitest over sensitive cry babies because someone calls out a player or a team.

Yes they do. I would know; I post there. So fuck off.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they blew it way earlier by leaving crosby in the game after he slashed bryz and then smacked voracek's glove out of the way.. crosby started all of this trash, he's just smart enough to do things that dont put people in harms way (neal, asham)..

With all due respect, neither of those are ejection-worthy. They're 2-minute minor penalty worthy. A slash maybe for the Bryz thing, a rough or something for the glove thing.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - just checking. Don't condone it, but I get.

Yeah, but it's not really offense that's killing us, is it? If you told me we were averaging 4 goals for a game, I'd assume we were up in the series. Didn't expect you guys to put up TWENTY.

That goal to open the third was the worst defense I've ever seen. Essentially 2 on 5, and not one of 4 guys takes Giroux. Insane.

I know I get worked up a bit but the cheap shit really pisses me off, sorry. If it was my team I would be embarressed too, I just don't want to see my teams chances of going on be hampered becausde some one can't control their actions and be professional. I understand players anger but at some point you have to be accountable.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For real? That's worthy of an ejection now?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The slash was penalty worthy, but no way an ejection.

The glove thing was a bitch move and should have drawn an unsportsmanlike penalty I think, but again, not ejection worthy.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the argument, but trying telling that to a NHL player - sure, they get paid better than most of their fans,- but they don't just play for the green - the passion and pride will take over, and no amount of fine will get rid of that. They only way to reach somebody is with a significant suspension, not a fine.

they would get the point after a 100k in fines and being ejected 5,6 or 10 times and this is a coaching problem also,the peniltys are so mild that the teams don't really care,when the ejections start having an effect on the number of games players play and in the win % going down,then and only then will this shit end

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow james neal, you son of a bitch. the hit on giroux was 392570371508745017x worse than the hit on couturier.

what a fuckin joke holy shit i wanna shoot him in the face. what the fuck was that shit.. fucking charging and then going straight for giroux's head. kick him out of the fuckin league what a fuckin joke.

edit: just saw the replay. can you tell?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they would get the point after a 100k in fines and being ejected 5,6 or 10 times and this is a coaching problem also,the peniltys are so mild that the teams don't really care,when the ejections start having an effect on the number of games players play and in the win % going down,then and only then will this shit end

That is true. Kicking guys out shortens the bench. Coaches don't like having short benches, so they'll tell their players to keep it clean. If they can't keep it clean, they'll get scratched.