• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Flyers vs #6 Devils

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats New Jersey fans!

At least one team wearing red can win playoff games. :pout:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after their team tried to thug their way through a series?

Devils didn't fall for any of the Flyers busch league antics in this series. Devils kept their mind's in the right place and didn't lose their cool. I am fired up.

We thugged it up? What series were you watching? Were there ANY roughing calls the whole series? We hit you guys clean and hard for the most part, and you the same. The one that wasn't clean was a frustration penalty that got Giroux sat, and rightfully so, but I don't think anyone thinks Giroux was a dirty player or that the Flyers were goons this series. So enjoy the fact that your team won the series and stop talking trash for no reason.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time the Rangers were the Number 1 seed in the East, they faced the Devils in the ECF. Ironically enough after they beat Washington in the second round.

Hockey Gods can be funny sometimes.

4800!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We thugged it up? What series were you watching? Were there ANY roughing calls the whole series? We hit you guys clean and hard for the most part, and you the same. The one that wasn't clean was a frustration penalty that got Giroux sat, and rightfully so, but I don't think anyone thinks Giroux was a dirty player or that the Flyers were goons this series. So enjoy the fact that your team won the series and stop talking trash for no reason.

Only thing I would say is the Devils showed really good discipline walking away after the whistle and not getting goaded like the pittspens did,

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will have to agree to disagree sir.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some for sure goon like tactics played in the last couple games but nothing that I would care to call out that much. This is the playoffs and no dresses allowed. Giroux is not a dirty player and made a bad choice running on emotion. Thankfully the player was not injured. Still was a bad choice and I have to wonder if the rest of the Flyers cared as much as Giroux would this series be over?

Cant blame Bryz either. He played pretty good but the offense was not there.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good season philly fans.... you guys have a hell of a corps growing up over there.

that said, as a side note... please please don't buy into the crap i saw after the game on nbc from milbury, that series was NOT Bryz's fault. i thought he played some pretty good hockey. not spectacular, but not something anyone can fault him for

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe I see bitching about us thugging after the flop fest from the Deivls I just watched. :L

Congrats Devils fans. You are certainly flying under the radar. Much better than I expected. Go Coyotes! (Then Devils :D)

Anybody except LA

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Devils fans

Still fucking hate you

And fuck LA

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rinaldo thugged it up (on the one interference 'kneeing'), but he's a thug, what did you expect? the rest of his hits were just good solid hockey hits

giroux let it get away from him and went head hunting and got punished for it.

aside from that i thought the flyers lost rather respectably? G even made a point to make it down for the handshake line.. i thought that was pretty classy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a tired Flyers team making mistakes. I like the future. Grats @ devils, and show some class.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
starting goalies for the Flyers since Brodeur's first playoff win:

Hextall
Burke
Boucher
Esche
Biron
Bobrovsky
Snow
VanBiesbrouck
Cechmanek
Niitymaki
Leighton
Bryzgalov

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting goalies for the Flyers since Brodeur's first playoff win:

Hextall
Burke
Boucher
Esche
Biron
Bobrovsky
Snow
VanBiesbrouck
Cechmanek
Niitymaki
Leighton
Bryzgalov

Forgot Emery. You lose. :sly:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Flyers youth just caught up to them...they'll be back and plenty dangerous next year. I thought Bryz was gaining confidence, but then the second goal happened. Still played well til the end.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from work missed the game.As happy as I am to be moving on to the next round I can honestly say this is bitter sweet.I truly feel for you flyers fans and feel awful your team didn't show up for you guys .You know your some of my favorite posters on SportsHoopla.Not sure if they were burnt from the Pittsburgh series or if you brought out the best in the devils but in all honesty I thought we were getting swept.You have a great young team and they will be worrying me for years to come.You all have my respect and I raise my stick to all of you for the passion and dedication you have for your Philadelphia Flyers and the sport of hockey.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Devils fans. They played their hearts out and the Flyers shit their pants. The Devils wanted it more so they deserved to win.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote of the night: Ilya Kovalchuk - "For the first time in 9 years, I'm not going to the World Championship!"

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote of the night: Ilya Kovalchuk - "For the first time in 9 years, I'm not going to the World Championship!"

LOL... Kovy!!!

The guy is probably the happiest of them all in the Devils Lockerroom. He barely couldn't hold his smile in the postgame talk.