• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Flyers vs #6 Devils

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't wish a player becomes a vegetable.

No, you're right. I retract my mush brain comment.

I'm curious to see if Adam The Swedish Hammer Larsson makes an appearance in this series. Peter Harrold was horrendous against Florida. The only logical reason for Swedish Hammer being out of the lineup is if he's hurt. I think he may have received a concussion from that Subban hit (although all they said was a lower body injury). While he's not the most physical guy, I would imagine his size will be much more of an asset against Philly's big forwards. The Flyers will murder us if Peter Harrold makes the mistakes he made in round 1.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity is South Jersey considered Philly? lol, seems like anyone from down there is all Philly. People I meet, posters on here.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. New Jersey is a small state but North and South Jersey are two totally different places.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flyers in 4.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a fun series to watch.. i think it'll be a lot more like playoff hockey than the pens series was.. i expect an occasional defensive play and a couple saves.. i expect this one will get nastier on a more consistent basis than the pens series.. i think goals were too easy to come by in that series to really let it get nasty.. most nastiness starts in front of the net, and the goalies never made a save so you didn't ever need to crash the net

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brodeur isn't what he used to be and the Devils go from losing three games (and nearly the series) to the lowest scoring team in the east to now facing far and away the highest scoring remaining team in the Nhl. Also, the Devils weren't much better of a defensive team than the Pens this season and who in their right mind would take Brodeur at 39 over Fleury at 27?

Bryzgalov actually had better numbers this season than Brodeur. Hedberg actually performed much better this season is a lesser role. Also, the Flyers have better rookies than the Devils. That will prove to be evident by the end of this series. Kovalchuk will be neutralized by Couturier while Schenn, Read, Wellwood and Gus will only continue to improve.

The Flyers will win this series one way or another. Too much depth. Flyers in 5 assuming they get complacent again and trip up once in either game 1 or 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the no respect factor coming from Flyers fans. The Devils just played a horrendous stretch of hockey and still won the series. Brodeur looked the best he has in a while as opposed to your boy who was laughable. All of that means nothing right now.

The Devils can roll 4 solid lines, they play a solid team defense with a lot more backchecking than the Penguins brought to the table. I love that the Flyers fans are going into this thinking it will be a cakewalk.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity is South Jersey considered Philly? lol, seems like anyone from down there is all Philly. People I meet, posters on here.

Yep. Flyers fan is actually closer to Atlantic City than Philly, but it's the south Jersey thing........which is why I hate South Jersey more than I hate Philly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the no respect factor coming from Flyers fans. The Devils just played a horrendous stretch of hockey and still won the series. Brodeur looked the best he has in a while as opposed to your boy who was laughable. All of that means nothing right now.

The Devils can roll 4 solid lines, they play a solid team defense with a lot more backchecking than the Penguins brought to the table. I love that the Flyers fans are going into this thinking it will be a cakewalk.

in my defense, i had to say that. i made a similar comment in the pens thread.

devils have a good team, the flyers only beat them by what, 2 points in the regular season? the flyers are gunna have to get their shit together in a hurry cause they've been bad after layoffs, bad on sundays, and horrific in day games this season.. so.. that really doesn't bode well for sunday

i do think the flyers depth will decimate the devils though.. it really just doesn't stop coming.. couturier and talbot combined for i think 6 goals, while they were shutting down malkin.. thats as weak a threat as you'll see out there.. if kovalchuk doesn't wanna play defense, that line is going to kill the devils

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're missing something here. Maybe your team did play horrendously, but they beat the Florida Panthers in double overtime of game seven...

The same team that limped into the playoffs and only just barely won their weak division with two wins in their last ten. The lowest scoring team in the conference. They were happy just to be in the playoffs and still beat you thrice while nearly winning the series.

You're in for a wake up call against the Flyers, the most resilient team in the Nhl. A team that scored 61 more goals than the Panthers.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but we won a series in which our top 2 lines were essentially invisible. That has to count for something. If Kovy, Elias, Parise, Clarkson, wake up and play to their abilities there's absolutely no reason they can't beat the Flyers. You can talk about Florida all you want, that means absolutely nothing to me right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but we won a series in which our top 2 lines were essentially invisible. That has to count for something. If Kovy, Elias, Parise, Clarkson, wake up and play to their abilities there's absolutely no reason they can't beat the Flyers. You can talk about Florida all you want, that means absolutely nothing to me right now.

That top line is going to be invisible again with guys like Couturier, Talbot and Coburn on them all series long. Good luck stopping Giroux. This kid is no fluke. He's going to dominate you too.

If the Flyers get guys like Grossman and Meszaros back, you're really going to be fucked. With all due respect, this would be a Philly sweep if both teams were healthy.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That top line is going to be invisible again with guys like Couturier, Talbot and Coburn on them all series long. Good luck stopping Giroux. This kid is no fluke. He's going to dominate you too.

If the Flyers get guys like Grossman and Meszaros back, you're really going to be fucked.

Can't argue with those stats. You win this round.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with those stats. You win this round.

Oh, you wanted stats?

Couturier held the top scorer in the Nhl to three goals in a series where fifty-six of them were scored.

The Flyers scored 26 goals on Fleury, a goalie that was better than Brodeur all season long.

It's already been stated how dominant Bryz has been against the Devils this season. He's not going to be the goalie you saw in round 1, you can bank on that. The Flyers can and will lock it down defensively when needed as shown in game six with forty blocked shots and one goal against.

That's how you put a team away...not in double overtime of game seven after blowing a 2-0 lead.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both sides can agree one 1 thing...... There needs to be better officiating

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both sides can agree one 1 thing...... There needs to be better officiating

Yes, although...I think more penalties favors the Flyers for once as the Devils top notch penalty killing unit gave up 9 power play goals to the Panthers in round 1 while the Flyers were 12 for 23 (52%) on the power play. All signs point to the Flyers lighting it up on the power play if they get a lot of chances.

Frankly, if the Panthers can make your penalty killing look bad, just think what Giroux, Briere, Hartnell, Jagr and company will do to it (led the Nhl in power play goals).

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends what part of South Jersey. Parts of it are considered suburbs of Philly. The Flyers practice at the Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ. I live in South Jersey. It's Philly sports territory for sure.