• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Flyers vs #6 Devils

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Marty and JVR are going to be going at it a lot thus series

I hope that's the case, kid needs to go to the dirty areas more often, he looked good there today

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that's the case, kid needs to go to the dirty areas more often, he looked good there today

They had a lot of back and fourth today from Marty webering him to the screen on the game winner.The stage is set for a battle between the two I would be surprised if it doesn't continue

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by both squads today. I kind of feel like the score was really 2-1 Flyers instead of 4-3, because both teams made some bad, bad errors on two of their goals. Read turning it over behind the net and letting Sykora have a million miles of real estate in the third. Brodeur or his defenseman on that... THING that happened where JVR scored and the bad pinch by the Devils defenseman that led to Briere's first. Solid PP goals by both teams (the Devils one was impressively quick off the entry), and some good stops by both goalies. Bryz was pretty good in the first and pretty not the rest of the way. Brodeur gets my vote for most impressive in a losing effort, even with the giveaway thing. A shame for him JVR scored because he made a GREAT save on Gustaffson's initial shot.

I was especially excited to see Briere score a soccer hat trick, and JVR playing like a first round draft pick for once in a looooooong time. Giroux was not the best I've seen him play but DAMN was that a hard shot. He didn't beat Brodeur short side, he shot it high straight down the middle and it was there before Brodeur could get to the angle. Holy hell was that good.

Props to fans on both sides for being cool about the game. Except for one asshole who has infuriated me. I'm talking about you, Little Biz. No more being wishy-washy. There comes a time where a boy must become a man. In this case, the time is coming now, when you are four years old. PICK A TEAM.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by both squads today. I kind of feel like the score was really 2-1 Flyers instead of 4-3, because both teams made some bad, bad errors on two of their goals. Read turning it over behind the net and letting Sykora have a million miles of real estate in the third. Brodeur or his defenseman on that... THING that happened where JVR scored and the bad pinch by the Devils defenseman that led to Briere's first. Solid PP goals by both teams (the Devils one was impressively quick off the entry), and some good stops by both goalies. Bryz was pretty good in the first and pretty not the rest of the way. Brodeur gets my vote for most impressive in a losing effort, even with the giveaway thing. A shame for him JVR scored because he made a GREAT save on Gustaffson's initial shot.

I was especially excited to see Briere score a soccer hat trick, and JVR playing like a first round draft pick for once in a looooooong time. Giroux was not the best I've seen him play but DAMN was that a hard shot. He didn't beat Brodeur short side, he shot it high straight down the middle and it was there before Brodeur could get to the angle. Holy hell was that good.

Props to fans on both sides for being cool about the game. Except for one asshole who has infuriated me. I'm talking about you, Little Biz. No more being wishy-washy. There comes a time where a boy must become a man. In this case, the time is coming now, when you are four years old. PICK A TEAM.
Just remember Santa wears red :D

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
385720_10100211681710056_10504353_41700548_1978907731_n.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers made us pay for our mistakes, and will continue to make us pay for those mistakes. We need to be a whole lot smarter as a team if we plan on winning this series. Better passing, better shot selection, stay out of the box, and defense has to play defense first and not allow odd man rushes.

I'd also like to see our D start ripping shots from the point. Bryz has let in some softies so I want pucks thrown on net any chance they get.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I though the devils played pretty damn good at all area's of the ice yesterday, but like we all know, you can't be everywhere all the time and THAT'S when you'll be hit and were.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

I heard he's still undecided between becoming a fireman or a policeman.Better get on this right away,as I take it you're his life mentor.

lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it me, or did game 1 seem a little too tame for a division rival playoff game?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will heat up eventually, but the Flyers are lined up to score goals right now, not pick fights. The tough guys are sitting these games out, but everyone that is playing can score.

I'm fine with that...lol We've been waiting for this roster of forwards all season long.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it me, or did game 1 seem a little too tame for a division rival playoff game?

the devils flyers matchup has lost a lot of heat over the years and i dont really know why.. both teams have continued to be good, but after stevens retired a lot of the hate has disipated.. i still hate brodeur for his attempted beheading of leclair, but even that has washed away a little now that leclair hasn't been a flyer in what, 10 years?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked briers interview after the game. With the Pens we played late in the season and we had some hate..We will get some hate as this series continues.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovalchuk goes for “therapy”, meeting team in Philadelphia later today

Fire & Ice

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is certainly up with the guy. What that is I don't know, but no shots for a guy who's only job is to score is extremely off putting.

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey whats up guys? New to SportsHoopla and I've been told the general hockey board is great too. Im looking forward to watching the rest of this series with you gents