• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 CFB teams with the best chance of winning their first title

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice hold. LOL

3c79a420c5ae1d4c1f2c1feb8296e16f_crop_exact.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five CFB teams with the best chance of winning their first title

Oregon Ducks
Wisconsin Badgers
Washington State Cougars
Oklahoma State Cowboys
Virginia Tech Hokies
None of those teams really have a chance; Oregon...maybe? The problem will always be talent. They might be able to win their conference, they might be able to make it to the playoff and heck, they may even be able to win one playoff game. But I just don't see any of those teams competing with the 1-2 teams every year that are truly elite. Put Alabama or Clemson against any of those teams and it wouldn't even be close.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY logical answer is Iowa State!

They've got as good a chanc as anybody on that list, as long as Campbell is their coach.

He's doing it the correct way also. His team's can run the football and they can play defense. They also
have some athletes.

Wisconsin has done it correctly but they are woefully short on overall skill players. Wash St, Okie St
and Oregon just throw the damn thing the majority of the time and aren't very physical on defense.

I'm still trying to figure out what direction Fuentes is taking VPI.

The key to a National Title isn't making the playoffs. It's being able to compete if you do make it to the
playoffs. You will face balanced teams in the playoffs, sound on offense, defense and special teams.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to a National Title isn't making the playoffs. It's being able to compete if you do make it to the
playoffs. You will face balanced teams in the playoffs, sound on offense, defense and special teams.
:pound::pound::pound:
Not the 3 teams that got to play Oklahoma and our clown defense year after year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got as good a chanc as anybody on that list, as long as Campbell is their coach.

He's doing it the correct way also. His team's can run the football and they can play defense. They also
have some athletes.

Wisconsin has done it correctly but they are woefully short on overall skill players. Wash St, Okie St
and Oregon just throw the damn thing the majority of the time and aren't very physical on defense.

I'm still trying to figure out what direction Fuentes is taking VPI.

Oklahoma says “hello”

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should make some sort of university outreach program where we use your offense and our defense.

Oklachigan Spartooners.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should make some sort of university outreach program where we use your offense and our defense.

Oklachigan Spartooners.
tenor.gif.cf.gif

“Spartooners”. If that name doesn’t strike fear into ya, nothing will.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif.cf.gif

“Spartooners”. If that name doesn’t strike fear into ya, nothing will.
Sparty driving the Sooner wagon would be awesome to watch.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound:
Not the 3 teams that got to play Oklahoma and our clown defense year after year.
Actually, the 3 teams that have beaten Oklahoma in the CFB Playoff SemiFinals have turned around and lost the Championship Game (Clemson in 2015 season, Georgia in 2017 season and Alabama in 2018 season). It's a tough draw, and OU's Offense actually wears out the other team's defense enough to make that victorious team more vulnerable in the Championship Game. That's my theory anyway.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those teams really have a chance; Oregon...maybe? The problem will always be talent. They might be able to win their conference, they might be able to make it to the playoff and heck, they may even be able to win one playoff game. But I just don't see any of those teams competing with the 1-2 teams every year that are truly elite. Put Alabama or Clemson against any of those teams and it wouldn't even be close.

First I will say, in no way do I think Fuente gets us to a NC anytime soon. I hope I am very wrong though. :)

That said, Hokies came down from 14 to tie and eventually lose by 7 to what would be the eventual National Champion in the 2016 ACC Championship. One other dude said it best, with the above teams I could see some of them maybe winning one - but not all.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I will say, in no way do I think Fuente gets us to a NC anytime soon. I hope I am very wrong though. :)

That said, Hokies came down from 14 to tie and eventually lose by 7 to what would be the eventual National Champion in the 2016 ACC Championship. One other dude said it best, with the above teams I could see some of them maybe winning one - but not all.
Catching a team off guard is also a bit different than playing a team in the playoff.