• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/30 GDT: A's @ Zito's

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have anyone else on this team that can play 2B besides Scutaro and Noonan?

I just ask because Noonan making it easier and easier to send him back down, but who replaces him

I saw a kid come through San Jose a year or so ago named Carter Jurica that showed some promise. He is hitting .273 for AAA Fresno now so...?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should just keep Noonan up as he continues to struggle and not get regular playing time?

Everybody is struggling. If anything, Scutaro is doing the best out of the available options, but he needs a day off. I get sore watching him play, and he is 7 years older than me. Noonan and Arias will work it out. I'd love to see what Pill's range looks like at second, but I'm afraid of the results. :)

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is struggling. If anything, Scutaro is doing the best out of the available options, but he needs a day off. I get sore watching him play, and he is 7 years older than me. Noonan and Arias will work it out. I'd love to see what Pill's range looks like at second, but I'm afraid of the results. :)

I was wondering about Arias if he could play second when Scutaro needs a day off (which at his age is understandable)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a kid come through San Jose a year or so ago named Carter Jurica that showed some promise. He is hitting .273 for AAA Fresno now so...?

He would certainly help their current leather woes, but that is just fluke accidents and lack of focus. Most of the Giants have been average to fantastic fielders throughout their careers.

Hitting .273 in the PCL is like batting .240 at The Show. SF has that. His OPS is an adequate .706, but he strikes out too much and doesn't provide enough of an upgrade with walks, the glove or stealing bases to factor into the plans just yet.

He is 24, so hope isn't lost, but if he can't get the OPS closer to .775 or .800 in the next couple of seasons, he might just be org depth. He is a college guy, so he got a little bit of late jump. You could be on to a nice shocker in September or next Spring.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arias can definitely play 2B, has done so including with us.

Yeah mostly just remember him playing 3B, SS and even 1B this year but he did appear at 2B 4 times last season and start twice there.

I'd just rather send Noonan down to get regular AB's in Fresno, Arias utility guy who can start in place of Scutaro (and Sandoval if need be).

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would certainly help their current leather woes, but that is just fluke accidents and lack of focus. Most of the Giants have been average to fantastic fielders throughout their careers.

Hitting .273 in the PCL is like batting .240 at The Show. SF has that. His OPS is an adequate .706, but he strikes out too much and doesn't provide enough of an upgrade with walks, the glove or stealing bases to factor into the plans just yet.

He is 24, so hope isn't lost, but if he can't get the OPS closer to .775 or .800 in the next couple of seasons, he might just be org depth. He is a college guy, so he got a little bit of late jump. You could be on to a nice shocker in September or next Spring.

Good points all Heath bar.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points all Heath bar.

Thanks. Good to have a knowledgeable "rival" around. I'm glad James McDonald came crashing down to Earth (though sorry it's likely due to injuries). I thought he was going to be better than Billingsley. That Dotel trade doesn't seem quite as bad now, but it was kind of a "playoffs or bad trade" scenario.