• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/30 GDT: A's @ Zito's

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question, as I see this a lot on this board. Do you guys really have no interest in the team your team is playing? This comes from the fact that I see only the home team lineups in posts.

Are people really only interested in the team they root for, and have no interest in the team they are playing, or who that team is trotting out that day?

Just trying to get some insight, and this was the most active thread to ask this question in.

Obviously we know our team much better, and have nicknames for them, etc. Not much other reason than that, just because we don't post the other team's lineup doesn't mean we aren't aware of who their people are, who's pitching, etc.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God Torres, can you play any defense at all?

Right now the defense is also a problem, but that's pretty obviously not normal. If it gets back to normal we look a lot less awful. If it doesn't it's all academic, wait for football season to start.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the defense is also a problem, but that's pretty obviously not normal. If it gets back to normal we look a lot less awful. If it doesn't it's all academic, wait for football season to start.

Yeah just these plays where he isn't even making sure he has the ball. Like a receiver running before the ball is even in his hand

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schierholtz having a nice year with the Cubs so far...not that he'd be putting up those numbers in our park but maybe if he was truly playing every day. How much better do we look with Pence in left, Nate in right?

Still doesn't solve the pitching problem I guess.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question, as I see this a lot on this board. Do you guys really have no interest in the team your team is playing? This comes from the fact that I see only the home team lineups in posts.

Are people really only interested in the team they root for, and have no interest in the team they are playing, or who that team is trotting out that day?

Just trying to get some insight, and this was the most active thread to ask this question in.

Insight comes in our other threads. There is no shortage of threads started about other teams and their players. This gameday thread is where we see how OUR guys perform. And like msg said, just because they aren't posted doesn't mean we don't know who we are playing or who is starting for the other side.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we know our team much better, and have nicknames for them, etc. Not much other reason than that, just because we don't post the other team's lineup doesn't mean we aren't aware of who their people are, who's pitching, etc.

Thank you for your answer. I guess this is just a pet peeve of mine, thinking that putting up only 1 roster is like telling only 1/2 a story. But then again, it is also a peeve of mine that some people only follow 1 MLB team and their players, as opposed to liking and following all of MLB in total. I just figure, like a lot of other things, if I can do it, and I am nothing special, then anyone can.

Thanks again for your response.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insight comes in our other threads. There is no shortage of threads started about other teams and their players. This gameday thread is where we see how OUR guys perform. And like msg said, just because they aren't posted doesn't mean we don't know who we are playing or who is starting for the other side.

And thank you for your insight as well, and for kind of confirming what the first poster said. I will have to hope and trust that most or all other fan bases opperate this way as well, which is fine.

Never too late to learn something.......

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for your answer. I guess this is just a pet peeve of mine, thinking that putting up only 1 roster is like telling only 1/2 a story. But then again, it is also a peeve of mine that some people only follow 1 MLB team and their players, as opposed to liking and following all of MLB in total. I just figure, like a lot of other things, if I can do it, and I am nothing special, then anyone can.

Thanks again for your response.

Everyone 'can' do it your way but it doesn't make it wrong if they follow baseball differently from you

I actually do follow other teams and players, doesn't mean I have to post their lineups. For example, I follow the Dodgers pretty closely, because I hate them. That said, I like Kershaw a lot as a person and think he's the best pitcher in the game right now.

:)

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow the Angels and Reds pretty closely. Have MLB.tv so watch games when I can.
I love Mike Trout he is my favorite player in baseball, try to watch as many of his AB's as possible. Reds are fun to watch because of GAB, BP is a wizard with the glove and Votto can always go deep. Have actually started watching the Red Sox this week

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have anyone else on this team that can play 2B besides Scutaro and Noonan?

I just ask because Noonan making it easier and easier to send him back down, but who replaces him

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd kinda like to get no-hit today because at least it's different than just a plain old loss.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have anyone else on this team that can play 2B besides Scutaro and Noonan?

I just ask because Noonan making it easier and easier to send him back down, but who replaces him

This is why most of the players teams have in their minor leagues will never be good enough to play in the majors. You can't just say 'Vogelsong, Mijares, Noonan, whoever sucks, bring up someone!' Because that someone probably sucks more.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why most of the players teams have in their minor leagues will never be good enough to play in the majors. You can't just say 'Vogelsong, Mijares, Noonan, whoever sucks, bring up someone!' Because that someone probably sucks more.

So we should just keep Noonan up as he continues to struggle and not get regular playing time?