• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.28.16 Bum @ Pebbles

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB: GONNA HAVE TO TROT OUT AND KNEE GEARRIN IN HIS MANGINA. FIVE RUN LEAD AND HE WALKS THE LEADOFF BATTER? CAN'T HAVE THAT.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific game by the Dubs tonight. OKC is younger, more athletic, and in their home building, but the Dubs have championship character. And some good shooting from the Splash Brothers. Wow!
Thunder are crushed. No way they win Monday in Oaktown.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the play by play: A lot of turnovers down the stretch by okc.

Go Dubs!!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific game by the Dubs tonight. OKC is younger, more athletic, and in their home building, but the Dubs have championship character. And some good shooting from the Splash Brothers. Wow!
After 3 quarters of apathy, they finally played some D

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is shaping up to be a banner phuking sports day. Bullpen implosion followed by the Ws getting embarrassed in OKC.

Fun times....

I am sooooooooo glad this post was so fail.

:nod:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo.....there's no way they can come back from a loss like this?

:dhd:
I get what you are saying, but...

1) There is little question who the better team is between the two. OKC is VERY good. But GSW are all-time great.

2) The Thunder were up 3-1. They squandered that dominant position, and lost HCA. Now THEY hear history knocking at THEIR door as a potential choke.

3) Dubs have lost a grand total if three games at the Oracle this year. They are next to unbeatable there.

I have the same feeling (towards the Thunder) that I had after game 6 in '02 (for the Giants). This one is over.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, but...

1) There is little question who the better team is between the two. OKC is VERY good. But GSW are all-time great.

2) The Thunder were up 3-1. They squandered that dominant position, and lost HCA. Now THEY hear history knocking at THEIR door as a potential choke.

3) Dubs have lost a grand total if three games at the Oracle this year. They are next to unbeatable there.

I have the same feeling (towards the Thunder) that I had after game 6 in '02 (for the Giants). This one is over.

I actually agree with all of this I just couldn't resist. But OKC's chances in game 7 are not zero. Probably only 20% but still. I and many others buried the Ws after game 4, they didn't look like they had any way of beating OKC in OKC. But then Klay went bananas. If he can't do the same in game 7 it might be harder than you think.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sooooooooo glad this post was so fail.

:nod:
Me too. It was looking very bleak until the last two minutes. I have no idea what this Ws team is anymore. So many apathetic defensive sequences and yet...they somehow won.

Not the team I watched all year.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. It was looking very bleak until the last two minutes. I have no idea what this Ws team is anymore. So many apathetic defensive sequences and yet...they somehow won.

Not the team I watched all year.

This OKC team is the best they played all year. We thought it was the Spurs, turns out it's OKC. It's not apathy that makes it hard to guard Westbrook and Durant. It's not apathy making it hard to outrebound a team so much longer and bigger all over the floor. I predicted Warriors in 7 before the series started for these reasons.

And there's no guarantee OKC loses tomorrow.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This OKC team is the best they played all year. We thought it was the Spurs, turns out it's OKC. It's not apathy that makes it hard to guard Westbrook and Durant. It's not apathy making it hard to outrebound a team so much longer and bigger all over the floor. I predicted Warriors in 7 before the series started for these reasons.

And there's no guarantee OKC loses tomorrow.

It IS apathy to not guard the arc. It IS apathy to throw the ball away on offense. It IS apathy to grab on D instead of move the feet. All teams fall into this from time to time, and I don't take anything away from the Thunder or Durant and Westbrook. However, they have played several games of disinterested D this series. I watched EVERY SINGLE GAME this year. This is NOT the same team I followed for six months. It's puzzling.