• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/25 Madres @ PV

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, say goodbye to all the nice pitching stats. Colorado here we come
Well, at least we go in there with our #5, 1, 2 - and #5 has been looking pretty solid. And with an extra day's rest.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is already the most successful season ever for the Sharks. If they end up losing these next 2 games, would you (ultimately) be happy with the season?

If they had lost Game 6 and then Game 7, there would have been a lot of short-term disappointment and anguish about the team. Reflecting back on the entire season, though, it would have been viewed as a success, especially considering the low expectations heading into this season.

No need to worry about a Game 7 tomorrow, thank goodness. Even if they don't win the Stanley Cup (most difficult championship trophy to win in all of the four major sports, IMHO), still am very happy with the first Finals appearance in franchise history.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had lost Game 6 and then Game 7, there would have been a lot of short-term disappointment and anguish about the team. Reflecting back on the entire season, though, it would have been viewed as a success, especially considering the low expectations heading into this season.

No need to worry about a Game 7 tomorrow, thank goodness. Even if they don't win the Stanley Cup (most difficult championship trophy to win in all of the four major sports, IMHO), still am very happy with the first Finals appearance in franchise history.
I actually watched the 3rd period yesterday. Probably the most hockey I have watched in 20 years.

I don't get the logic of "The toughest trophy to win in sports". Can you explain that to me? I have always scratched my head at that tag.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's pretty incredible that this team, of all the great teams they've had the past decade, is the one to make it to the finals.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of pizza does she like?

:heh:
Haha, close, I deliver mail to her and F Prinze jr.
I gotta tell ya, another customer had a pearl white Ferrari parked in her garage. It was the most beautiful thing i've seen in a long time.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, close, I deliver mail to her and F Prinze jr.
I gotta tell ya, another customer had a pearl white Ferrari parked in her garage. It was the most beautiful thing i've seen in a long time.
Both are noble professions. Glad you saw the humor.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are noble professions. Glad you saw the humor.

Both? Mail yes, but I delivered pizzas when I was 16 and it didn't seem so noble when I was getting high and driving around listening to cassette tape mixes of REM and New Order and U2 dropping off pizzas. Fun though.

(now you all know my age)