• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5/20 GDT Bum @ Raw Keys

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fucking bed shit.

Bum/Machi/Romo: 7.2 IP 15 baserunners.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fucking bed shit.

Bum/Machi/Romo: 7.2 IP 15 baserunners.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!

And if Romo gets that last guy it's 8 IP 14 baserunners and milk for all.

Settle down. It's bad enough when we lose, then we gotta deal with tzill's expletive laden anger.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this hasn't been a fun day.
-Find out right before taking a final that Kings fell in the lottery and Cavs got No.1 pick AGAIN
-Do poorly on final
-Giants give away a win

Damn you Romo, now we have to just take the series and not the sweep

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Romo gets that last guy it's 8 IP 14 baserunners and milk for all.

Settle down. It's bad enough when we lose, then we gotta deal with tzill's expletive laden anger.

It wasn't the last guy that pisses me off...it was the leadoff walk.

Moundshattery

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, one win in the series would look good with the way Colorado is playing at home. Painful loss after being just 1 strike away from a win, the worst type of loss. Hopefully, they can get out of Denver with at least a 2-game lead.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, one win in the series would look good with the way Colorado is playing at home. Painful loss after being just 1 strike away from a win, the worst type of loss. Hopefully, they can get out of Denver with at least a 2-game lead.

It's going to come down to better pitching. Specifically, the walks. The bullpen has been shaky the last week or so, so let's hope that stops.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant nails it again:

The Giants had no business winning.

Just start with the ninth inning. Sergio Romo walked the leadoff hitter in a one-run game at Coors Field. Buzzers go off. A trap door opens up. What's happening? You don't know. You get slimed because you say "I don't know." You should know. You walked the leadoff hitter in a one-run game at Coors Field. The buzzers went off because ethereal beings called the game. That's not checking your rear-view mirror on a three-point turn in your driving test, it's the urine-soaked suit in the job interview. It's an automatic fail.

Yet he almost made it out alive. He hung the 1-2 slider to Nolan Arenado, who was the winning run. Hoorroghhhhh. That was a bad slider. At least he wasn't going to DAMMIT SO MUCH, he hung the 2-2 slider to Arenado. What in the good ... okay, well, certainly, he wasn't going to ...

So many hanging sliders. Aesthetically, every one should have been two losses. Be okay with just one.

But even before Romo was Jean Machi. Now, he didn't give up a run, but he should have. We haven't seen a meltdown performance from Machi this year, at least as runs allowed are concerned. Except, we just saw one. He alternated between brilliant and awful, but erred on the side of awful. There were hanging sliders and hard-hit balls, and he was behind almost every hitter. He gave up an absolute rope to Tulowitzki that went for an out. The only reason he got out of the inning was because he faced one of the three or four hitters in baseball who was completely incapable of hitting his split-finger with a car door. It was the right hitter at the right time, and Machi got away with it.

At the end of the year, there will be a reliever in baseball with an ERA of 1.11, or something stupid. It probably won't be Machi, but it will be someone. The difference between that guy and the other guys is that he gets away with the lousy outings. Machi was lousy. Earned runs allowed: 0.

The Giants didn't deserve to win.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he almost made it out alive. He hung the 1-2 slider to Nolan Arenado, who was the winning run. Hoorroghhhhh. That was a bad slider. At least he wasn't going to DAMMIT SO MUCH, he hung the 2-2 slider to Arenado. What in the good ... okay, well, certainly, he wasn't going to ...

So many hanging sliders. Aesthetically, every one should have been two losses. Be okay with just one.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but IMHO, Romo relies a little too much on that slider. Don't get me wrong - it's a GREAT pitch, one of the best in baseball. But he also has a decent fastball. He won't blow hitters down with it, but it has good movement, and from what I can tell, he throws it with enough of the same motion as his slider so as to be deceptive with it. He should not be afraid to challenge hitters with a proper mix of the two pitches. One sets up the other. If it's just slider, slider, slider, eventually at least the better hitters are going to catch on.

My two kroons.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but IMHO, Romo relies a little too much on that slider. Don't get me wrong - it's a GREAT pitch, one of the best in baseball. But he also has a decent fastball. He won't blow hitters down with it, but it has good movement, and from what I can tell, he throws it with enough of the same motion as his slider so as to be deceptive with it. He should not be afraid to challenge hitters with a proper mix of the two pitches. One sets up the other. If it's just slider, slider, slider, eventually at least the better hitters are going to catch on.

My two kroons.

Was listening to Marty Lurie on the KNBR Giants postgame, and he suggested that maybe someone else should have been put in to close last night's game due to how the high altitude affects Romo's slider. You're right about him relying too much on the slider. He threw too many to Arenado in the strike zone instead of trying to get him to chase.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to Marty Lurie on the KNBR Giants postgame, and he suggested that maybe someone else should have been put in to close last night's game due to how the high altitude affects Romo's slider. You're right about him relying too much on the slider. He threw too many to Arenado in the strike zone instead of trying to get him to chase.

Agreed - there is likely something to that. The same thin air that has less friction that makes batted balls go farther also makes breaking pitches break less. His slider probably has less bite in Colorado. Good call.

Casilla might make a better closer there because of his velocity.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to come down to better pitching. Specifically, the walks. The bullpen has been shaky the last week or so, so let's hope that stops.

Hopefully, Cain can save the bullpen some work today.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - there is likely something to that. The same thin air that has less friction that makes batted balls go farther also makes breaking pitches break less. His slider probably has less bite in Colorado. Good call.

Casilla might make a better closer there because of his velocity.

True, Casilla should be more effective than Romo at Coors. If the Giants are in a save situation again today and/or tomorrow, Bochy should give him the ball. Although, you have to think that Romo would like another shot in this series to atone for what happened yesterday. Has to be gut-wrenching to walk off the mound after a blown save loss on the road, especially after being only 1 strike away from finishing the job.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Cain can save the bullpen some work today.

A fly-ball pitcher who is beginning to show a trend of giving up HRs... Being the savior in Colorado.

Not sure I would bet the house on those odds...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, Casilla should be more effective than Romo at Coors. If the Giants are in a save situation again today and/or tomorrow, Bochy should give him the ball. Although, you have to think that Romo would like another shot in this series to atone for what happened yesterday. Has to be gut-wrenching to walk off the mound after a blown save loss on the road, especially after being only 1 strike away from finishing the job.

Yeah, but it's always better to play the percentages and use your head, not your heart and go on emotion.

Besides, if you do go with your heart, and Romo loses another, where does that leave Romo?

Although I'm sure there's some strange closer mentality that Bochy might breach if he goes with Sandy Box instead, with longer term repercussions.

If you give me a 4 year, $20 million contract, I'd be happy to make those decisions. But I'm still lobbying for that clubhouse sandwich cutter job at a yearly salary equal to 1/2 of what Cain gets per start.