• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/12 JC @ Worms

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Grienke is a 1A pitcher, meaning he does better as the co-ace, not as THE MAN. He was a fool to leave LA. The Dogs would have given him everything AZ did, but he'd pitch behind Kershaw. Is that so bad? I mean, did Drysdale resent pitching behing Koufax? Or Perry behing Marichal? Did Stretch fuss about hitting behind Mays?
I really don't think he wanted to stay there for whatever reason and I believe Snakes gave him more years than Dogs were willing to give. I think it's similar to Panda leaving. I think he would still be doing well here if he had stayed, and one reason is the Gs knew how to handle him, what buttons to push. Fatty sure stepped it up in the playoffs for us.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mays-Fan, you're here! Nice game so far.
I often lurk, but working on something else. I'll post if I get a break, or think of something with substance. Love our Giants. My first baseball card was Willie Mays. I have his autograph in my wallet. Gave up on the NBA and the NFL. Too much social agenda and bad politics going on there. Baseball is still just...baseball.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often lurk, but working on something else. I'll post if I get a break, or think of something with substance. Love our Giants. My first baseball card was Willie Mays. I have his autograph in my wallet. Gave up on the NBA and the NFL. Too much social agenda and bad politics going on there. Baseball is still just...baseball.
I hear ya, Mays. Some days I can shoot the breeze. Other days, I'm completely silent or not even able to catch the game. My first card was Dan Quisenberry (yeah, not exactly as good as Mays) but I choose the Giants as my team because my grandmother was from San Francisco and my dad was a nominal Giants' fan, so I took what was in my family (it helped that the team just played in the World Series the year before).

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who pitches the ninth? Still go with Casilla? Probably. Unless we put up some really crooked number in the top of the ninth.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blackburn for Parker move is a real headscratcher. Let's see - offense struggling . . . check. One starting outfielder banged up and has sat for a week . . . check. What do we need to do? Oh yeah, send down a position player and bring up a pitcher!