• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers want to move in top 14

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, odds are low we trade up this high. this class seems to have good depth at the positions we're targetting.....S, DE, NT, CB, and even TE?

not going to be devasted if we do, but just don't see it?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Margus Hunt - DL - Player

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco provides four names to "watch" for the 49ers' No. 31 pick if they stay put: SMU DE Margus Hunt, Florida State DE/OLB Tank Carradine, FIU S Jon Cyprien, and Stanford TE Zach Ertz.

The 49ers are also believed to be interested in trading up, perhaps for Carradine. We expect Carradine and Cyprien to both be long gone by the 31st pick. San Francisco wants an eventual replacement for Justin Smith, and 6-foot-8, 277-pound Hunt could be a candidate to plug that hole. Ertz would probably be a fallback option. Buzz has died on him and he projects as a day-two pick.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Apr 22 - 1:08 PM

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco provides four names to "watch" for the 49ers' No. 31 pick if they stay put: SMU DE Margus Hunt, Florida State DE/OLB Tank Carradine, FIU S Jon Cyprien, and Stanford TE Zach Ertz.

The 49ers are also believed to be interested in trading up, perhaps for Carradine. We expect Carradine and Cyprien to both be long gone by the 31st pick. San Francisco wants an eventual replacement for Justin Smith, and 6-foot-8, 277-pound Hunt could be a candidate to plug that hole. Ertz would probably be a fallback option. Buzz has died on him and he projects as a day-two pick.

NO! Bad Maiocco. Bad Maiocco! Down boy. Find something else to stick up that hole

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, good to hear this. I was expecting us to trade away a lot of picks and get more for next years but this is good to hear, the draft just got a lot more interesting.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully it's for Richardson or Austin.

Trent Baalke's thinking Kenny Vaccaro or DJ Hayden. Just because it's Baalke, I'm going with the latter cause no one is talking about it. And since I have ESP with Baalke, I bet he'll move Hayden to FS where he can be elite!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Vacarro? how would you feel about moving up for him

That would be awful!! He is not one of those prospects that wows you or stand out in the crowd(IMO). There's plenty of safeties in this draft that we could get by standing still

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That would be awful!! He is not one of those prospects that wows you or stand out in the crowd(IMO). There's plenty of safeties in this draft that we could get by standing still

There aren't many free safeties in this draft. Reid, Swearinger, Rambo, and one of my sleepers Rontez Miles; all of their games translate better to SS. Reid is probably the only one who's versatile enough to do both. And Baalke did imply he doesn't want a 1-dimenstional safety.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many free safeties in this draft. Reid, Swearinger, Rambo, and one of my sleepers Rontez Miles; all of their games translate better to SS. Reid is probably the only one who's versatile enough to do both. And Baalke did imply he doesn't want a 1-dimenstional safety.

One of the sleepers that I like more and more, is Duke Williams. Watching the tape on this guy, he looks versatile enough to play both.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of the sleepers that I like more and more, is Duke Williams. Watching the tape on this guy, he looks versatile enough to play both.

Hard to believe he's projected so low. Does he have a string of injuries other than the toe thing that kept him from fully working out at the combine?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really hoping this is just a rumor. In a draft this deep, and this light at the top, trading up that far doesn't appeal. I could live with a short trade up to target a guy we love, but my preference is to maximize our second and third-round picks while trying to stockpile future picks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Hunt doesn't seem like a Baalke pick. Baalke has shown some tendency to go with younger guys with high ceilings - A. Davis, A. Smith. Hunt has a high ceiling, but he's old, and a project to boot. I would just be very surprised if we went in that direction.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@evansilva: RT @isaacl6718 How high could picks Nos. 34 & 61 get a team into the first round? ... Based on revised draft value chart, to No. 9 or 10.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@evansilva: RT @isaacl6718 How high could picks Nos. 34 & 61 get a team into the first round? ... Based on revised draft value chart, to No. 9 or 10.

Huh. Really? I know the old chart put top-10 values crazy high, but those picks seem even more valuable now as you don't have to pay those guys like top-10 players.

If this is true, though, I could much more easily get behind a trade up. I'm just not very happy at the thought of trading three potential solid-to-good starters for one player.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Far be it for me to question our coaching staff...

But I hope this draft focuses on legit rotational players to help out the defense. The defense grew softer and softer as the season went on, and a lack of a true rotation is partly to blame for that. How high of a percent of plays can a starter really sustain without crashing and burning toward the end of the season? I'm not sure I like trading up to 14 or higher, unless it's for a can't miss type talent. Trading back or trading for picks next year is fine as long as they draft solid help to spell the starters on a consistant basis...

Just my :2cents:

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd prefer an Eric Reid/ Jonathan Cyprien safety duo, but I'd be perfectly fine with one of those guys and Duke Williams too, esp. if they can pull Williams in the 5th or with the comp. pick in the 4th.