• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers want to move in top 14

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ansah oppo Aldon Smith for the next 10 yrs would be insane!!! I also think we may be targeting Star Lotulelei for DE.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How would people feel about Milliner if for SOME reason he fell outside the top 10?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would we gave to give up to get into the top 14? Both our 1st and 2nd along with a 2nd next year?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think it would be for Richardson or Austin....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ansah oppo Aldon Smith for the next 10 yrs would be insane!!! I also think we may be targeting Star Lotulelei for DE.

That's the guy that interests me, but isn't he a Nose Tackle?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Baalke knows we're not even going to be able to keep 1/3rd (by my guesstimate) of these draft picks due to the caps situation and we already have "nine or ten" draft picks next year, I'm almost certain we'll be scratching to move up in the 1st two days.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Vacarro? how would you feel about moving up for him

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Baalke knows we're not even going to be able to keep 1/3rd (by my guesstimate) of these draft picks due to the caps situation and we already have "nine or ten" draft picks next year, I'm almost certain we'll be scratching to move up in the 1st two days.

Completely agree. The roster is pretty tough to crack and if Hunter didn't get hurt I don't think any of last year's draft picks would have even seen any real action.

At this point it is time to do what the Falcons did to get Julio Jones, give up a bunch of role players and hopefully get someone who can be a star.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't really know if I buy into it - especially this week. It could be true, there's a lot of different reasons for prodding a trade to get information. For instance we could be putting some pressure on Sea/Rams/(Arizona) to make them think we'll be coming up at any point to potentially steal their guy.

I don't remember hearing any rumors prior to us moving up to grab Davis a few years back. I know it's apples and oranges based on the starting point, but I find it's almost best to just tune all information out this week - unless it's some player who gets arrested or injures himself playing basketball.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know if I buy into it - especially this week. It could be true, there's a lot of different reasons for prodding a trade to get information. For instance we could be putting some pressure on Sea/Rams/(Arizona) to make them think we'll be coming up at any point to potentially steal their guy.

I don't remember hearing any rumors prior to us moving up to grab Davis a few years back. I know it's apples and oranges based on the starting point, but I find it's almost best to just tune all information out this week - unless it's some player who gets arrested or injures himself playing basketball.

Yeah when it comes to Baalke no one in the media knows what he's thinking.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Could easily be a smokescreen by a GM that owns one of the picks 10-14.

For example if I'm the Jets I'm in full on sell mode when it comes to the 13th pick. So why not be that GM that "thinks" the 9ers are interested in trading up into that area and maybe spook a team that maybe badly wants Austin/DL/CB/S into jumping in to trade into that spot.

In fact what interesting timing that it leaks the 9ers are interested in the 13th or 14th round pick right about when the Jets acquire the 13th pick from the Bucs. Not to mention 13th 14th is oddly specific set of numbers......

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised, after all Baalke did trade up to get A. Davis and Kaepernick.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling it's to draft Barkevious Mingo. He has Bruce Irvin's measureables and he was the guy everyone thinks that Baalke was targeting last year.

I'd prefer them to sit back and let players drop to them. The rumored 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks seem a steep price to pay in this draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, if we moved up that high, i would predict 'defensive stud'. no doubt we could use Travon Austin, but i'd think defense first. more specifically, i'd be thinking pass rusher, an every down OLB with pass rush skills. or similar to Aldon, college DE who'll transition to OLB.

is there one at 13 or 14?

a stud linemen would help a lot too, but if this is the case we wouldn't have to trade up this high...would we?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could easily be a smokescreen by a GM that owns one of the picks 10-14.

For example if I'm the Jets I'm in full on sell mode when it comes to the 13th pick. So why not be that GM that "thinks" the 9ers are interested in trading up into that area and maybe spook a team that maybe badly wants Austin/DL/CB/S into jumping in to trade into that spot.

In fact what interesting timing that it leaks the 9ers are interested in the 13th or 14th round pick right about when the Jets acquire the 13th pick from the Bucs. Not to mention 13th 14th is oddly specific set of numbers......

I agree - I was thinking this too. Another GM be easily be trying to bid up his pick. If this did come from the Jets then pretty much throw it out.

If they do move up into the mid-first, I'd really want a break in our favor on the trade value chart with all the parity this year.