• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Minn Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 week from today and the regular season starts. I can't wait for this game. I honestly think this is a big game. We need to win this game. We have a tough start of the season and we need to build some wins. I excited to see how this team will really look.

Lets Go 49ers.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about the Vikings, just from what I've seen from their preseason highlights. Sure it's preseason and highlights, but their receivers look threatening. Defense looks pretty good too.
Don't want to lose this home opener. Go Niners!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we need this game. We need to get the 1st win and gain some confidence. Im just really nervous about our Oline.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes we need this game. We need to get the 1st win and gain some confidence. Im just really nervous about our Oline.

yeah, i think a win would be huge from this standpoint. With the change in Coaching Staff, the players have to believe this Staff knows what they're doing? So a win would boost their confidence and they 'buy in' even more.

Don't think this TEAM "panics" if we lose game 1, but the confidence will erode quickly if we lose say....4 in a row? Naturally, the fans will panic should we lose 2 in a row. :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know much about the Vikings, just from what I've seen from their preseason highlights. Sure it's preseason and highlights, but their receivers look threatening. Defense looks pretty good too.
Don't want to lose this home opener. Go Niners!

Agree, this Viking team looks good. AP is a given and he'll get his yards, but Bridgewater seems to be up trending? Not that Bridgewater is a big passing threat, but we can't depend on him to play like a 'rookie'.

Their defense also looks better than i thought? But then again, doesn't take much defense to hold our offense. :-)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how the offense is run this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wallace ran a 4.33 40-yard dash at his pro day while Johnson was no slouch by any stretch of the imagination as he blazed a 4.38, so keeping safeties SS Antoine Bethea and FS Eric Reid at bay will be crucial in helping the younger cornerbacks on the backend. And that’s where the key to the passing attack will come into play.

Wow, i knew Wallace was a deep threat 'burner', but so is Charles Johnson. Our front seven must to a good job containing (can't stop) Petersen. This will leave our Safeties back to help the Corners.

Either way, not as easy task to stop the Vikings.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Should Jarryd Hayne be the 49ers' primary punt returner? - San Francisco 49ers Blog - ESPN

Good question and no easy answer? My first thought is Hayne catches the ball clean, and didn't fumble it on contact. So to start the season, yes i'd want Hayne as the primary PR for ball security. Ball security is the first priority by far, regarding punt returns.

But don't recall Ellington mishandling any last year? If not, Ellington provides a little more potential on return yards?

We read that White is also explosive, but still rather start the season leaning ball security. So it is either Hayne or Ellington, White can have his chances later.

Not easy cause whoever is the punt returner, kicks another one to inactive. Is White or Hayne scheduled for coverage units too?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adrian Petersen is my fantasy RB, oh great! Now i have to hope for our offense does REALLY well, go 'Raw Hyde'!

But i also have our defense too, ah nuts! How about our defense scoring too, helping out our offense? Yeah, that's the ticket!

Nah, the REAL game is more important than FB, so Mangini has no choice but to contain AP first. Even if it means a Safety nearer the box, can't let AP run for big chunks of yardage. If Bridgewater is then able to hit his targets, then they're the better team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Jarryd Hayne be the 49ers' primary punt returner? - San Francisco 49ers Blog - ESPN

Good question and no easy answer? My first thought is Hayne catches the ball clean, and didn't fumble it on contact. So to start the season, yes i'd want Hayne as the primary PR for ball security. Ball security is the first priority by far, regarding punt returns.

But don't recall Ellington mishandling any last year? If not, Ellington provides a little more potential on return yards?

We read that White is also explosive, but still rather start the season leaning ball security. So it is either Hayne or Ellington, White can have his chances later.

Not easy cause whoever is the punt returner, kicks another one to inactive. Is White or Hayne scheduled for coverage units too?

Just my observations watching the games last year. I thought Ellington was good about not mistaking mistakes but didn't really impress with his returns. I thought he was pedestrian but we didn't get the returns that setup good field position. Hayne was able to make people miss and looks to be the dynamic player.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Petersen is my fantasy RB, oh great! Now i have to hope for our offense does REALLY well, go 'Raw Hyde'!

But i also have our defense too, ah nuts! How about our defense scoring too, helping out our offense? Yeah, that's the ticket!

Nah, the REAL game is more important than FB, so Mangini has no choice but to contain AP first. Even if it means a Safety nearer the box, can't let AP run for big chunks of yardage. If Bridgewater is then able to hit his targets, then they're the better team.

LOL, I have Peterson in a league too. I forgot about that. Being in three leagues, I forget who I have. Always a dilemna. I have Russell Wilson in one league so that really poses a quandry.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Akers wins the starting CB spot and we have to stack the box. Let Teddy try and beat us by passing the ball. Don't let AP beat us.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Akers wins the starting CB spot and we have to stack the box. Let Teddy try and beat us by passing the ball. Don't let AP beat us.

I agree. I think Ackers get the starting job. I read Minn has oline issues too. One of their tackles is out for the season and their center is injured. Mangini has to find a way to exploit that

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and let Bowman loose. I have a feeling if healthy Bowman will lead this team in sacks. Mangini is going to find ways for him to causes a lot of problems for offenses.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just my observations watching the games last year. I thought Ellington was good about not mistaking mistakes but didn't really impress with his returns. I thought he was pedestrian but we didn't get the returns that setup good field position. Hayne was able to make people miss and looks to be the dynamic player.

ok, if this is the case, i'd use Hayne as the PR and kick White to inactive. White will get his chances later, but right now we need ball security.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, I have Peterson in a league too. I forgot about that. Being in three leagues, I forget who I have. Always a dilemna. I have Russell Wilson in one league so that really poses a quandry.

Yep, three leagues can get confusing. But hard to drop two at this point. All we can do is decide which league is most important, and watch that line-up.

i just can't get myself to draft Russell Wilson, just can't. Can't get myself to draft Marshawn Lynch either.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, three leagues can get confusing. But hard to drop two at this point. All we can do is decide which league is most important, and watch that line-up.

i just can't get myself to draft Russell Wilson, just can't. Can't get myself to draft Marshawn Lynch either.

LOL, I know. There were a number of QBs I would have rather taken above Wilson but they were gone before I could get them. I could see his numbers dropping this year

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullivan just went on the DL, Niner's defense should have a field day against the OL

Both our teams have OL issues. Your defense in preseason looked pretty impressive. It should be a good game. No more injuries please.