• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs. Jets game thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We won 34-0. Smith completed 12 passes for 143 yards and a 78 rating.

Let's stop talking about "Smith's" offense. We win in spite of our inept quarterback, not because of him.

Wow. Someone is realistic enough to actually say it. Although I'd call him average to below average rather than inept.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's stop talking about "Smith's" offense. We win in spite of our inept quarterback, not because of him.

when u get 200+ yards on the ground, u don't need to pass much.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Smith's offense" was used as loosely as I could because Mozart was referring to Kaep disrupting the offense. He couldn't mean Kaep's offense because Kaep did well; he'd have to be comparing it to the offense when Smith was in.

Alex defintiely was not the reason we won this game and I wouldn't characterize our wins against against the Lions or Packers as a Smith win, but I don't see those winning "in spite" of him. Had we won the Vikings game then that would have been in spite of him.

I guess I see "in spite" as winning with a few turnovers or something. He definitely was irrelevant today and we didn't win because of him this year, so I agree there. It's just a different categorization for me.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Smith's offense" was used as loosely as I could because Mozart was referring to Kaep disrupting the offense. He couldn't mean Kaep's offense because Kaep did well; he'd have to be comparing it to the offense when Smith was in.

Alex defintiely was not the reason we won this game and I wouldn't characterize our wins against against the Lions or Packers as a Smith win, but I don't see those winning "in spite" of him. Had we won the Vikings game then that would have been in spite of him.

I guess I see "in spite" as winning with a few turnovers or something. He definitely was irrelevant today and we didn't win because of him this year, so I agree there. It's just a different categorization for me.

We lost the Vikings game because of him.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense Fail and a few bad timed penalties when they didn't had more to do with it.

If D played like Smith the game is a coin flip.

Smith turned the ball over twice in the final three minutes after the defense gave him the ball back. That one is on him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost the Vikings game because of him.

As the guy who's supposed to get us going and didn't and turning it over twice, I'll give you that; we just have different definitions for "in spite of." I guess I think of "in spite" just like "despite." No biggie, the overall message is correct. As to playing from behind and winning, I think we can but don't do it consistently enough to be reliable, you say we can't. That's basically the same thing because if we don't, either way, we're out. I don't trust us to do so but don't like the word can't, never, or always.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smith turned the ball over twice in the final three minutes after the defense gave him the ball back. That one is on him.

The game was solidly in Min control cause of defense being less than mediocre and a blocked FG. And Gore had fumbled before Smith chipped in with an INT.

If Smith had chucked a pick six forcing something retarded in the 1st half you'd have a point.

And like hell "the Defense gave him the ball back". They gave up 2 first downs and then Toby fumbled it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like I didn't get in an argument with someone saying that the divisional game was just an ok game because of the first 56 minutes because I didn't want to kill the joy of winning a playoff game most thought we'd lose, I'm not going to go through this week as if we lost. We won as a team, defense played great, much better than offense, Kaep had more effect on the game than Smith, no turnovers from the offense, missed field goals were inconsequential, punting team did well on all but one kick, the running game was great, we're 3-1, and we have a three game homestand coming up.

Who's got it better than us? (Besides Houston, Atlanta, and for the moment, Arizona ;))

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills game will probably be another blow out. Patriots rushed for 247 yards on the Bill's D. Ouch!