• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short week with back-to-back road games, going up against one of the best in the league. A win this week would be huge before going into the bye week.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to the game Sunday night. Both teams were preseason favorites to contend for the SB, both seem to be playing better the last few weeks after getting off to slow starts, and both even sealed close road wins with pick-sixes last week. Should be a good one. :suds:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be another long day for Manning playing against a physical NFC West Defense. I believe right now though we're actually better than Seattle so should be a fun game. I'd say @Home we easily win, but on the road it will be close. I do worry about Manning exposing our young corners, but at the same time the Broncos have no running game so it should make it easier on our pass rushers to tee-off on him.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be another long day for Manning playing against a physical NFC West Defense. I believe right now though we're actually better than Seattle so should be a fun game. I'd say @Home we easily win, but on the road it will be close. I do worry about Manning exposing our young corners, but at the same time the Broncos have no running game so it should make it easier on our pass rushers to tee-off on him.

A "long day for Manning"? You expecting a short day for Kaep? :noidea:

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "long day for Manning"? You expecting a short day for Kaep? :noidea:

Yea as a 9ers fan I agree...it's going to be a long day for us...and our day isn't going to be easy with a full team of starters gone (on both O and D), and 5 pro bowlers included. Hopefully you guys forget about game plans and rooks that played horribly , and Kap, and...I dunno the rest...oh and I hope Peyton's GPS takes him to the wrong stadium as well.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea as a 9ers fan I agree...it's going to be a long day for us...and our day isn't going to be easy with a full team of starters gone (on both O and D), and 5 pro bowlers included. Hopefully you guys forget about game plans and rooks that played horribly , and Kap, and...I dunno the rest...oh and I hope Peyton's GPS takes him to the wrong stadium as well.

I know your team has some key injuries (e.g., Willis and Bowman). Still expecting a very competitive game, though. Seems to me that both are good teams and both enter the game playing fairly well.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your team has some key injuries (e.g., Willis and Bowman). Still expecting a very competitive game, though. Seems to me that both are good teams and both enter the game playing fairly well.

Pro Bowl ILB Bowman, Pro Bowl ILB Willis, OLB Aldon Smith, CB Brock, Pro Bowl RT Davis, possibly without WR Stevie Johnson, Pro Bowl G Iupati. That's a lot of key players that are out for this game on a short week.

I would be surprised if we kept it close at this point to be honest. This has "feast or famine" written all over it for us.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't feel confident playing Denver this week. Our offense has to play mistake free to win time of possession and keep our defense off the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a win here but wont be upset if we lose. We are really banged up and too many key injuries. We will have 2 un drafted LBs starting this week and a rookie(Skuta, Whilhote, Borland.)

Its going to be tough to stop Denver. If Healthy we beat them. Payton doesn't play well against a great D.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't feel confident playing Denver this week. Our offense has to play mistake free to win time of possession and keep our defense off the field.

Yes keep payton off the field. Only chance we have. Win Time of possession

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lots of Gore/Hyde, maybe even utilize some screens or read options with Kaep keeping it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to get pressure on manning. He struggles against aggressive D's. Example: Seattle D

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want a win here but wont be upset if we lose. We are really banged up and too many key injuries. We will have 2 un drafted LBs starting this week and a rookie(Skuta, Whilhote, Borland.)

Its going to be tough to stop Denver. If Healthy we beat them. Payton doesn't play well against a great D.

I'm similar to this line of thought, too much going against us with injuries (now ADD Willis and Ward), short week, and travel. We need one of those 'chit happens' game......Denver turning it over, numerous penalties, have issues on ST's, or Manning just having an off day?

then of course, our offense scores 40+ points.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one I had penciled in as a loss at the beginning of the year. Would have felt better about it if the 49ers were playing at home. With all the injuries on D, it is gonna be really tough.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to the game Sunday night. Both teams were preseason favorites to contend for the SB, both seem to be playing better the last few weeks after getting off to slow starts, and both even sealed close road wins with pick-sixes last week. Should be a good one. :suds:
Yes ,even the same scores last week. I'm not sure about this game but it still needs to played. No more freakin' injuries for any teams! :gaah::suds:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Bowl ILB Bowman, Pro Bowl ILB Willis, OLB Aldon Smith, CB Brock, Pro Bowl RT Davis, possibly without WR Stevie Johnson, Pro Bowl G Iupati. That's a lot of key players that are out for this game on a short week.

I would be surprised if we kept it close at this point to be honest. This has "feast or famine" written all over it for us.
According to Harbs ( like he ever tells the media the truth:L) S Johnson,Iupati, and Ward are looking good to be in this game or close to that kind of statement . He also went on to say that Willis does not have turf toe. The 9ers will have a hard time keeping Manning and the Broncos' O off of the field IMO. This would mean that the 9ers would need to show up on offense and score every time they have the ball. I'll just be a homer here and hope for the best. It's a bye week after for the team to get healthy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

word right now, Iupati, A. Davis and Johnson will play. Outside chance Brock plays(I think they are waiting until after the Bye to bring Brock back.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver 34
Niners 21

............ 9ers too banged-up and game's @ Denver.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver 34
Niners 21

............ 9ers too banged-up and game's @ Denver.

I agree we are banged up but we have one of the best DC in the league. Think about what this guy does we lose starters every year and in some cases Probowlers and just replaces that player and we still have a top D. Last week we had a lot of injuries and the D got better through out the game. Put pressure on Payton and we have a chance. TE Thomas will be a nightmare. Hope we have someone that can contain him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best game on the board for sure

I picked SF in a close one largely because the 49ers can run it, and I'm not sure if the Broncos can...if they can't and that front 7 can get some licks on Manning and speed up his clock the 49ers have a good shot to get out of there with a win. Kaep brought them back from two possession down in STL...Idk about doing in DEN...gotta keep it close.

If DEN can run it enough to keep the LBs honest...Manning can work the short passing game enough to support the run and keep drives alive...and take a few shots deep...DEN will win.

imo...the team that can run it wins this one.