• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers trying out kickers today

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cundiff reaks bad karma all over.....

Kaeding... well, interesting thought but I still want Akers over him for now....

But i do wonder if Akers is hurting....

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt Kaeding only cut because he was injured, otherwise wasnt he pretty decent.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I forgot about that too lol.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just have to say one more thing that I didn't get to last night. A part of me wishes Joe Nedney was still an option for the 49ers if a replacement is warranted. While not perfect, or even close to perfect, he is one of my all-time favorite people to come into the 49ers organization, player or management, since I started following the team many, many years ago.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha. As of today, Akers leads all kickers in Pro Bowl FAN voting.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too enjoyed Nedney, also I could be wrong, but hasn't Lee only held for Left footed kickers, the ones we brought in (Kaeding, and Cundiff) are Right footed. Do you think that would have any affect on chemistry?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have to say, looking at who was brought it, akers job is safe...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too enjoyed Nedney, also I could be wrong, but hasn't Lee only held for Left footed kickers, the ones we brought in (Kaeding, and Cundiff) are Right footed. Do you think that would have any affect on chemistry?

Lee will have to learn how to receive and hold for a right footed kicker. Even Jennings will have to get use to seeing Lee on the opposite side, however his target will be the same. Overall there are some adjustments to be made and things to get use to.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lee will have to learn how to receive and hold for a right footed kicker. Even Jennings will have to get use to seeing Lee on the opposite side, however his target will be the same. Overall there are some adjustments to be made and things to get use to.

thats why Baalke shouldn't wait till the play-offs.

it is possible Baalke doesn't like any of these other guys? if so, then you just stick with Akers.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why Baalke shouldn't wait till the play-offs.

it is possible Baalke doesn't like any of these other guys? if so, then you just stick with Akers.

Those are empty questions and proposals because no one knows what is wrong with Akers. Are we looking for a place holder or a replacement? If we are looking for a replacement then I don't know why Kaeding is even in SF.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those are empty questions and proposals because no one knows what is wrong with Akers. Are we looking for a place holder or a replacement? If we are looking for a replacement then I don't know why Kaeding is even in SF.

place holder?

no way, it should be a replacement for Akers.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep, honest question here. Why are you unable to correctly interpret this statement:

"On the other hand, if he has lost his mental or emotional mojo, then, yes facing the loss of your job can certainly help correct those issues."

Nowhere did I say "Will Fix" I very clearly said "Can Fix".

Just thought I would throw this back in your court to get your thoughts on this, Deep.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
place holder?

no way, it should be a replacement for Akers.

Why? If the problem with Akers is temorary then why replace him? Why not just bring in a temp like we did for Nedney in 2010?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just thought I would throw this back in your court to get your thoughts on this, Deep.

appreciate the honest question, but still feel a mental or emotional issue can't be solved by the threat of someone taking your job. you boldened 'can' and thereby lessening the possibility, but still retain it.

my opinion is a mental or emotional issue is personal, something that person must work thru himself. not claiming to be a psychologist by any means, it is just my opinion.

if a player was lazy, and not involved as should be, then of course this job loss threat certainly applies.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why? If the problem with Akers is temorary then why replace him? Why not just bring in a temp like we did for Nedney in 2010?

we can't take a chance his mental/emotional issue is temporary? then you have questions like how temporary is temporary? or when do you bring Akers back, how do you know he is over it if its temporary?

if we're going to make a change, make the change and go forward. this new kicker doesn't need to be permanent either, but going back to Akers doesn't make sense. would you envision Philadelphia considering Akers again?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
appreciate the honest question, but still feel a mental or emotional issue can't be solved by the threat of someone taking your job. you boldened 'can' and thereby lessening the possibility, but still retain it.

my opinion is a mental or emotional issue is personal, something that person must work thru himself. not claiming to be a psychologist by any means, it is just my opinion.

if a player was lazy, and not involved as should be, then of course this job loss threat certainly applies.

That is a far better way of stating your case than attempting to embellish and spin someone's elses. If a player can become suddenly uninvolved due to a mental or emotional distraction - then we are saying the same thing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is a far better way of stating your case than attempting to embellish and spin someone's elses. If a player can become suddenly uninvolved due to a mental or emotional distraction - then we are saying the same thing.

no, it is not the same thing. you tried to lessen your position by highlightling "can", but you're still saying these tryouts CAN fix Akers mental/emotional issues.

whereas my opinion is it can't, only Akers can 'fix' his mental/emotional issues.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, it is not the same thing. you tried to lessen your position by highlightling "can", but you're still saying these tryouts CAN fix Akers mental/emotional issues.

whereas my opinion is it can't, only Akers can 'fix' his mental/emotional issues.

You said: "if a player was lazy, and not involved as should be, then of course this job loss threat certainly applies."

What are some reasons you can think of that might cause the aforementioned conditions which you claim can be fixed by a job threat?

As I said, it is the same thing Deep - let it go.