• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Steelers Pre Game Thread:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gets more and more difficult to enjoy the NFL these days, but whatever. I think a depleted Steelers team will take their home opener. Something tells me it's gonna come down to Kaepernick to stand up down the stretch, and it's not something I am overly confident in.

A very good test with Roethlisberger, even though he's missing Bryant in the aerial dept., but we've got to get more than just Lynch in on the pass rush...and that still may not be enough to knock Ben off the spot. I'm very interested in seeing our secondary against Big B.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It gets more and more difficult to enjoy the NFL these days, but whatever. I think a depleted Steelers team will take their home opener. Something tells me it's gonna come down to Kaepernick to stand up down the stretch, and it's not something I am overly confident in.

A very good test with Roethlisberger, even though he's missing Bryant in the aerial dept., but we've got to get more than just Lynch in on the pass rush...and that still may not be enough to knock Ben off the spot. I'm very interested in seeing our secondary against Big B.

Yep, Kaep's 4th quarter track record isn't good, if we fall 'far' behind you can't help wonder?

after seeing the Steeler D against the Patriots, believe the 49er's WILL establish the run. Not to say the stats will be the same as Monday, but enough to set up our pass. Once the run is established, Kaep should have a little more time to scan, and see more space for TE's? I read two of their LB's aren't that fast, so i'd think Chryst will make them cover Davis?

No doubt defenses really need pressure nowadays, so yes we need more than Lynch. But this likely why Mangini blitzed a little more than NFL average? He'll need to continue blitzing, but don't want to see 35%.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost game time. Lets go 49ers. Big game today. A win here and we are 2-0.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely a bitch-slapping we took in Pittsburgh but it was only one game. If the pattern repeats itself in Arizona then I'll worry.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the part about San Francisco's "out of position Safeties" was very telling. Those two were supposed to be the constant in this re-worked defense.
The 49ers are running a completely different scheme from last year and the safeties are doing something new. It isnt all on them

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are running a completely different scheme from last year and the safeties are doing something new. It isnt all on them
Sounds like they were easily fooled and mostly responsible for the long pass completions. Of course zero pass rush doesn't help.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they were easily fooled and mostly responsible for the long pass completions. Of course zero pass rush doesn't help.
Rather than trying to disguise coverages and moving safeties out of position they should have kept safeties back in coverage. We tried confusing Big Ben and it failed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than trying to disguise coverages and moving safeties out of position they should have kept safeties back in coverage. We tried confusing Big Ben and it failed.
Well, before we panic let's see how they do in Arizona this week. That should tell us where they are as a team. Frankly though I don't see a game in the next nine where the 49ers would be favored. Maybe they will surprise us.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, before we panic let's see how they do in Arizona this week. That should tell us where they are as a team. Frankly though I don't see a game in the next nine where the 49ers would be favored. Maybe they will surprise us.
These next three games are going to be brutal

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next three games are going to be brutal
I think the one game they could win in that stretch is the Giants game. Unfortunately its back east. The schedule only gets worse from there until week 13 when they have a couple of winnable games.