• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Steelers Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 1-0 and we looked good in the 2nd half. Im excited about this game because I think this game will tell us where this team will be this year. A win here and we can be a playoff team fighting for a spot. A loss here and we might only be a .500 team. Getting Win 1 was big. Getting this win can continue us in the right direction. I can't wait for Sunday.

I like the game plan from the 2nd half with this offense. Stay with that. let Kap be a Game manager.

I want to give credit 1 more time to the Oline. I bashed them this preseason and they did a great job run blocking, good job pass protection bad job with penalties. if they clean that last part up we might be ok.

Lets Go 49ers.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt will put more effort in this game coming off a loss and having their home opener. I'm curious to see how our defense performs. Pittsburgh was able to move the ball on the defending Super Bowl champions, but just couldn't score.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt will put more effort in this game coming off a loss and having their home opener. I'm curious to see how our defense performs. Pittsburgh was able to move the ball on the defending Super Bowl champions, but just couldn't score.
Yeah it will be a good test.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers have been vulnerable to QBs that can run and pass...the guy who was in OAK (Pryor?) killed us...admittedly I thought the 49ers were a 8-8 kinda team coming in and was counting this week as a win...now I'm hoping it's a win.

PIT...I do expect both sides of the ball to play better...the OFC moved the ball but didn't score until it was over...the DEF back end can't play much worse...we shall see.

I wish you safe travels, a great time in PIT and L.

Here's to a clean game, no major injuries! May the Steel...eerrrr...the best team wins.

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers defense is terrible so the offense should have no trouble moving the ball. Good match up for are defense, Gonna be a good game cant wait

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it will be a good test for both teams. Pitt really needs this win. being 0-2 is not good. If we win it shows that this team might be ok and the future looks bright.

I want Kap to do the same thing. Manage the game and don't do anything stupid and run when its there.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing Pittsburgh's defense is terrible. They had Gronk and Brady to deal with in their loss. That Gronk is no joke. Big, fast, and finds ways to get open.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 1-0 and we looked good in the 2nd half. Im excited about this game because I think this game will tell us where this team will be this year. A win here and we can be a playoff team fighting for a spot. A loss here and we might only be a .500 team. Getting Win 1 was big. Getting this win can continue us in the right direction. I can't wait for Sunday.

I like the game plan from the 2nd half with this offense. Stay with that. let Kap be a Game manager.

I want to give credit 1 more time to the Oline. I bashed them this preseason and they did a great job run blocking, good job pass protection bad job with penalties. if they clean that last part up we might be ok.

Lets Go 49ers.
Agreed. They did an excellent job of pass protection. But you were right to bash them in pre season because they were flat out awful. In Denver the Defensive Ends were beating Kaepernick to the back of his 5-step drop. They were waiting there for him. I'd never seen anything that bad on a professional level in my life.

Last night, however, they didn't give up a sack. their run blocking was exceptional as well except for the few silly penalties.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concerns:
1. Pittsburgh at home
2. Pittsburgh with 10 days rest and preparation
3. Pittsburgh is a good, well-coached team
4. Pittsburgh is in a must win situation
5. 49ers travelling across country
6. 49ers on a short week
7. Pittsburgh is the better team

Having said all that, Go Niners!

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, kind of shitty scheduling on the NFL for giving us a short week across country early game against a team with 10 days rest but oh well, sometimes that kind of stuff happens I guess.

I was pretty surprised with how well we played. I think Pittsburgh is much better than Minnesota but I know confidence helps a lot and we should have more than expected going into this game. No Bell is a gift though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They did an excellent job of pass protection. But you were right to bash them in pre season because they were flat out awful. In Denver the Defensive Ends were beating Kaepernick to the back of his 5-step drop. They were waiting there for him. I'd never seen anything that bad on a professional level in my life.

Last night, however, they didn't give up a sack. their run blocking was exceptional as well except for the few silly penalties.
I still think we will be in trouble with a speed pass rusher. Pears struggles with speed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concerns:
1. Pittsburgh at home
2. Pittsburgh with 10 days rest and preparation
3. Pittsburgh is a good, well-coached team
4. Pittsburgh is in a must win situation
5. 49ers travelling across country
6. 49ers on a short week
7. Pittsburgh is the better team

Having said all that, Go Niners!
I agree with 6 of those. That last one we don't know and especially with out Bell. We have the better D thats for sure.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers D isn't what it use to be and I think the Vikes actually have a better D than the Steelers. Big Ben isn't gonna go down so easy like Teddy did when we blitz. We have to make sure when we get to Big Ben you have to sack him. Last thing we need is Big Ben breaking a tackle and throwing up a deep ball to Antonio. If Hyde can run like he did last game and we can contain Brown and sack Big Ben I like our odds. I would also like to see a play action deep pass to Torrey this Sunday. I was very surprised we didn't try throwing deep to Torrey at all.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we will be in trouble with a speed pass rusher. Pears struggles with speed.
He does but I don't think Pittsburgh has one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 6 of those. That last one we don't know and especially with out Bell. We have the better D thats for sure.
I think Bell was only suspended for one game? Tough to say about the defenses. We played against a bad, unimaginative offense; Pittsburgh played the league's best and most innovative offense. We'll see, but if we lose to Pittsburgh as expected its not the end of the world. The 49ers can still win some games and show people they are not the doormats most thought they would be.

Bottom line is that they are going to have to show me more than just one solid performance against a weak team in their opener before I become a believer.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bell was suspended for 4 games and it got reduced to 2 if I remember right.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I would call the Vikes a weak team most were picking them to finish 2nd in the division and make the playoffs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing Pittsburgh's defense is terrible. They had Gronk and Brady to deal with in their loss. That Gronk is no joke. Big, fast, and finds ways to get open.

The poster was right about that NE game...they were terrible...overall idk if I'm ready to say terrible yet...the front 7 talent is better than that result for certain...the back 4...idk to be honest...communication mistakes, etc can be corrected and I know they can tackle better...we'll have to see...little different type challenge this week...may play less nickel and more bigs in this game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers D isn't what it use to be and I think the Vikes actually have a better D than the Steelers. Big Ben isn't gonna go down so easy like Teddy did when we blitz. We have to make sure when we get to Big Ben you have to sack him. Last thing we need is Big Ben breaking a tackle and throwing up a deep ball to Antonio. If Hyde can run like he did last game and we can contain Brown and sack Big Ben I like our odds. I would also like to see a play action deep pass to Torrey this Sunday. I was very surprised we didn't try throwing deep to Torrey at all.

I expect SF to establish Hyde early and playaction off him with some deep shots (note plural) in this game...you have to test the Steeler safeties after seeing the NE game. I think they didn't want it on tape last week...but Smith has burned PIT in the past..they should be expecting it too, but can they stop it?